View Full Version : What are the Five BEST Restaurants in Edmond?

Jack Wonder
04-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Hey everyone, since I moved to Yukon and work in the city, I rarely make it up to Edmond anymore. But Friday I'm going on a double date w/some friends, and we were thinking "edmond". I happened to drive through there last week for work, and noticed the "new" addition of stores/restaurants off Bryan(t)??? Has anyone been to them, or have an opinion???

What are you favorite Edmond places to eat that you can't experience everywhere else in OKC? Who's got the best food, and the most fun atmosphere? Thanks!

NE Oasis
04-26-2007, 01:26 PM
My personal fave (particularly for a date) is Othello's on Broadway just north of Second street. Real Italian, with nothing from the microwave so don't go if you are in a hurry to make a movie or something else. I like to request an upstairs table so I can watch the activity on the main floor.

jbrown84
04-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Goldie's
Flat Tire Burger
Hideaway/Jazz Lab

Jack Wonder
04-26-2007, 02:24 PM
What's Goldie's?

...we definitely aren't wanting fast food. But this isn't a "dress up" occasion either....

jbrown84
04-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Goldie's is a hamburger joint with a famous pickle bar. One of my dad's favorites. It's on Broadway north of 15th. Been around a long time. It would be a good non-dressy date restaurant.

metro
04-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Goldies is Barry Switzers last remaining restaurant. All his others failed miserably.

Anyhow I'd have to say these are Edmond's nicest restaurants:

Cascata
New World Cuisine
Boulevard Steakhouse/Cafe 501
Zen

Just to name a few. These are more upscale or semi upscale except Zen. Zen is more like Pei Wei is to PF Changs. The restaurants others have mentioned are more fast food or fast casual.

jbrown84
04-26-2007, 02:53 PM
He just said he didn't want to dress up.

And Goldie's is a forty five-year old chain from Tulsa, so I don't think Switzer has anything to do with it.

Goldie's original Patio Grill was opened in Tulsa by Goldie & Melvin Crow in 1962 and is still operated by the Crow family today. Over the years, Goldie's became known for itsspecially seasoned charbroiled burgers, bowls of delicious pickles and friendly service. Voted Tulsa's Best, year after year, Goldie's charburgers are seasoned with Goldie's special seasonings and are charbroiled to order, creating an exceptional taste experience. It is our goal to provide our guests with great tasting food, in a pleasant atmosphere, with friendly prompt service, at a reasonable price.

Goldie's Patio Grill (http://www.goldies.com/default.asp)

NE Oasis
04-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Flat Tire Burger

Flat Tire is awesome grub and great energy, but is sure is noisy for a real date!

jbrown84
04-26-2007, 03:09 PM
I actually haven't been there to be honest. Just heard the good word of mouth.

Jack Wonder
04-26-2007, 03:23 PM
how is 'Zen' comparable to Pei Wei?

metro
04-26-2007, 08:44 PM
It's more true Asian, high quality and more variety. There is a Food Review on Zen in this same forum, scroll down a few restaurants or do a search and you'll easily find it.

jbrown you're right on Goldies, however I'm certain Barry Switzer had a part in it at some point or another, perhaps a minority shareholder, etc??

John
04-27-2007, 01:57 AM
Cafe 501
Lottinville's
Cascata
Boulevard Steakhouse
Fish City Grill - despite it being a chain, it's a favorite of mine.

Jack Wonder
04-27-2007, 10:43 AM
It's more true Asian, high quality and more variety. There is a Food Review on Zen in this same forum, scroll down a few restaurants or do a search and you'll easily find it.

jbrown you're right on Goldies, however I'm certain Barry Switzer had a part in it at some point or another, perhaps a minority shareholder, etc??

yeah, i happened to find it yesterday when i was browsing the food court. thanks!