View Full Version : New restaurants at Penn Square

Patrick
07-20-2004, 10:47 PM
Penn Square Mall (Simon Property Group) is currently looking to the public for ideas for restaurants that they're hoping to locate on the outparcels that they're currently leasing. floater emailed me suggestions awhile back, but I haven't heard from the rest of you. What do you think? I'll email the mall leasing dept. any ideas you may have.

mranderson
07-21-2004, 06:41 AM
Companies that are not yet in the market or are just entering. One is Steak n' Shake, which is building the first Oklahoma City location in Edmond.

okcpulse
07-21-2004, 08:10 AM
I would love to see Fuddruckers locate next to Penn Square. Also, how about Rockfish, Saltgrass, Caraba's, Pappadeaux, or The Cheesecake Factory? These are all restaurants I enjoy when my wife and I visit relatives in The Woodlands, Texas. They are all awesome restaurants.

Patrick
07-21-2004, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the additional ideas. The Cheesecake Factory and Fuddruckers seem to be the suggestions I received from the most people!!!

I'll mention the others as well though!

mranderson
07-21-2004, 11:10 AM
Just thought of another for inside the mall. Rain Forest Cafe.

Patrick
07-21-2004, 11:43 AM
Yeah, that would be great! I mentioned it to the mall manager already. It was definitely near the top of my list!
They're really looking for restaurants to fill the outparcels though, as they really don't have any restaurant space available inside the mall. But still, Rainforest Cafe is always worth mentioning. Personally, I think one right on the canal in Bricktown would probably fit better...maybe next to the Toby Keith venue!

I kind of see Bricktown being more for local restaurants and bars and Lower Bricktown being more for entertainment venues and theme type restaurants. You know, in San Antonio, all of the local restaurants are kind of at the curve of the horse shoe on the Riverwalk, while the theme restaurants are further on up, closer to the river.