View Full Version : Suspect Runs through School

Keith
11-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Fleeing suspect runs into school

NewsOK.com

Police are searching for a burglary suspect who led them on a chase through the halls of an Oklahoma City elementary school Monday morning.
NEWS 9 Report

The suspect earlier had tried to break into a house, police said. When police arrived about 10 a.m., he fled on foot and ran into Eugene Field Elementary School, 1515 N Klein.

The suspect, described as a black man wearing a gray hooded sweat shirt and a white T-shirt, exited the school through a side door, police said.

My concern is that the burglary suspect was able to walk right in the door of an elementary school without being detected :eek: . How easily it would have been for the suspect to take a hostage or two, had he been confronted by the police. What can we do to make our schools safe from situations like these?

Patrick
11-15-2004, 12:46 PM
You know, this has been a concern of mine for a long time now. There just isn't any security at any of the Oklahoma City Public Schools. Back when I was in high school my dad would walk the halls of my high school (looking for me of course- if he had to pick me up after school or something) without ever being asked any questions. Channel 4 made an issue of this awhile back.....they had reporters enter the school, walk around, and never be confronted. The OKC Public Schools really need to address this issue.