View Full Version : What no A.I. Fans Here?

BailJumper
04-20-2007, 07:58 AM
I can't believe it, Sanjaya has booted from American Idol and nobody has mentioned it. Surely there are some A.I. fans in the house.

I must admit this season is pretty lack luster on the talent side of things.

The whole Sanjaya thing actually got me to tune in.

Personally, I liked Sanjaya and i think he is much smarter than people give him credit. Is he a singer? Nah. Is he a performer - absolutely!

Easy180
04-20-2007, 08:09 AM
Wife and I always hit the auditions just for the spectacle....But unless there is someone in the finals we actually like enough to root for we usually fizzle out pretty quickly...No one in this year's group that kept us interested

Hope AI is somehow able to continue on with my family of two not watching :ridem:

PUGalicious
04-20-2007, 08:12 AM
Wife and I always hit the auditions just for the spectacle....But unless there is someone in the finals we actually like enough to root for we usually fizzle out pretty quickly...No one in this year's group that kept us interested

Same here. I normally tune in for the the auditions (because I actually enjoy watching the trainwrecks) and then I tune in for the last episode. Everything in between is too frustrating.

drumsncode
04-20-2007, 12:35 PM
I love A.I. I've watched every show every year. No dead bodies, no needles, no gunshot wounds dissected, just great singing (usually) and watching people's careers take off.

It's amazing to watch how each performer is transformed each week into someone just a little more charismatic, compared to how they looked in the auditions. It's just as amazing to see how they transform themselves when they get done with Idol and hit the real world.

Carrie Underwood and Katharine McPhee are perfect examples. They were beautiful before, but now they are off the charts. Even Taylor Hicks looks far better than he did on the show.

I've yet to figure out who will win this year. It's really a close call.

I guess I don't talk much Idol here because you can get on their website and yack away all day with over 200,000 fans online (no kidding).

mranderson
04-20-2007, 03:42 PM
What is "AI?"

JavaDaves
04-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Sanjaya was a joke of a singer. He needed to be kicked off weeks ago. Now Melinda and Jordin are really good singers.

PUGalicious
04-20-2007, 04:38 PM
What is "AI?"
For a man boasting great wisdom, he sure doesn't seem to be very sharp. A simple review of the posts here would answer the question.

writerranger
04-20-2007, 04:52 PM
For a man boasting great wisdom, he sure doesn't seem to be very sharp. A simple review of the posts here would answer the question.

I think his (ridiculous) point was that people shouldn't assume that everyone knows about American Idol. I would guess he knew exactly what it meant by a simple reading of the posts and decided to ask thereby showing he is "above" watching American Idol and sure wouldn't dare know it by an acronym. Think I'm far off?

I really don't watch the show, btw. I spend too much time on my free time on the web, watching movies and reading. I'll take a good book for an hour to American Idol and reality TV any old day. I do occasionally watch digital cable for old series I like and the occasional "American Justice"...."Forensic Files"...."City Confidential"....and my wife keeps it on HGTV about 75% of the time as background noise.

Now my oldest daughter? That's a different story. Mikayla will watch American Idol sometimes and talk about it. She couldn't care less about the stuff I watch, except some of the old movies - she watched Dark Passage (Humphrey Bogart) with me the other night and loved it! I have a picture of her in old forties clothes for a play she was in - I should put it up in my member gallery.

----------------

BailJumper
04-20-2007, 04:56 PM
If the people at Disney or Nickelodeon don't scoop Sanjaya up, they are missing out. Pre-teen girls love him and he has a good presence for that sort of thing.

writerranger
04-20-2007, 04:59 PM
If the people at Disney or Nickelodeon don't scoop Sanjaya up, they are missing out. Pre-teen girls love him and he has a good presence for that sort of thing.

I can attest to that, Bailjumper. I heard all about him from my daughter.

----------------

Easy180
04-20-2007, 05:02 PM
II really don't watch the show, btw. I spend too much time on my free time on the web, watching movies and reading. I'll take a good book for an hour to American Idol and reality TV any old day. I do occasionally watch digital cable for old series I like and the occasional "American Justice"...."Forensic Files"...."City Confidential"....and my wife keeps it on HGTV about 75% of the time as background noise.

----------------

By the way writerranger...What exactly is btw?? :doh:

andy157
04-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Pug

Hows a boy to learn? If you don't ask the question, you'll never get the answer.

windowphobe
04-20-2007, 06:04 PM
If it's any consolation, I saw the title and thought of Allen Iverson.

PUGalicious
04-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Pug

Hows a boy to learn? If you don't ask the question, you'll never get the answer.
But he already knows it all. Just ask him. That's the point.

writerranger
04-20-2007, 06:12 PM
But he already knows it all. Just ask him. That's the point.

Pug, I think andy157 was being facetious.

-----------

PUGalicious
04-20-2007, 06:24 PM
I understand that.

writerranger
04-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Who, what?

Who's on first?

Here's the original classic on YouTube. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEaKjRyPjVY) Hilarious!

--------------------

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
04-25-2007, 04:57 PM
I don't know about anybody else, but I do enjoy watching Allen Iverson play. I'm glad he was able to get out of Philly. :Smiley233

jbrown84
04-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Sanjaya was a complete utter joke, and the show even recognized that by playing up his ridiculousness and even having Ryan tease just about every week that Sanjaya may be going home.

I've been rooting for Blake and Chris all along. Jordin's good too and Melinda can be when she picks the right song. Don't really care for Lakisha.

drumsncode
04-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Blake has some star-power, but when I see Jordin I see a diamond in the rough.

If Jordin can win, in one year they'll transform her into a super-hot pop-star. She'll lose 25 pounds, much like Katharine McPhee and Carrie Underwood did, then she'll be the total package. She's so freaking young, she sings more than good enough, she's got a killer record-album-cover smile. I see "Star" written all over this girl.

Patrick
04-26-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm actually a Chris fan. He remind me a lot of Elliott Yamin. But, I do think Jordin will win it all. She seems to have that powerful voice. I predict Jordin and Melinda to be the final two.

Patrick
04-26-2007, 01:20 PM
BTW, don't forget predictions on DialIdol.com - Measuring the busy signal. (http://www.dialidol.com).