View Full Version : This Saturday!!! Discounted Weather Radios

Intrepid
04-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Just a public service message that Wal-mart will be selling Midland weather radios this Saturday from 10a-4p for $24.98. The unit offers S.A.M.E. technology (Specific Area Message Encoding), which preprograms the device to receive only those warnings that apply to your local area--you can choose state, county, and/or nearby counties.

Emergency mgmt officials will be on hand to program them to the specific area where you live.

I know I'll be getting one. During a batch of severe storms at the end of March, we were watching cable TV and only heard the sirens here in Moore because I happened to open up the back door to let the cat in.

Millie
04-19-2007, 11:09 PM
Which Wal-Mart?

okclee
04-19-2007, 11:20 PM
What is the regular price?

Intrepid
04-20-2007, 06:43 AM
Which Wal-Mart?

All Wal-Mart stores in the OKC metro area.

Intrepid
04-20-2007, 06:48 AM
What is the regular price?

I was told the regular price is/was $29.98.

(I don't work for Wal-Mart, but I have a friend that does and she said is the one who told me the regular price)

There are other weather radios that have more bells and whistles. This particular model that Wal-Mart is offering is just a basic weather radio.

Midland does make one that is also a clock radio and has the S.A.M.E. technology. On amazon.com it goes for about $50. I am not sure if Wal-mart sells it or not.

Karried
04-20-2007, 07:25 AM
I'm looking for one that actually sounds an alarm. I bought one and found out it is just a radio that keeps repeating the weather info.. I want one with a shrill alarm that will awaken us in the middle of the night should we get a night tornado. ( Pretty rare though luckily).

Do you know if this one has an alarm Intrepid?

Thanks for the heads up btw.

Intrepid
04-20-2007, 07:31 AM
I'm looking for one that actually sounds an alarm. I bought one and found out it is just a radio that keeps repeating the weather info.. I want one with a shrill alarm that will awaken us in the middle of the night should we get a night tornado. ( Pretty rare though luckily).

Do you know if this one has an alarm Intrepid?

Thanks for the heads up btw.

Yes Karrie. There is an alarm.