View Full Version : OKC Tattoo Convention

CMSturgeon
04-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Went last year and liked it but am really glad they're moving to a larger facility (the Farmers Market). I am so excited about it! Last year I met Kat Von D and Jesse Jane. Did I post those pics by the way? Anyway, May 4th, 5th, and 6th. The lizard man was there as well and put on a pretty cool show and will be there again this year.

So if you're into tattoos, piercings, and seeing people hand cinder blocks from their ears, this is totally the place for you. Plus, I will be there... so you know, everyone should go. I would like to have a tattoo before hand so I can enter one of the contests but I don't see that happening, I just don't have anything that means enough to me to put it on me forever, my mind is forever changing.

I dont know why I advertise so much for this when I'm not getting paid. I guess I just think it's a great economic opportunity for the city.

OKC Tattoo Convention 2007 (http://www.okctattooconvention.com/)

CMSturgeon
05-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Oh yeah. I went to Ihop on Memorial last night at like 1am and this big group of people came in and sat down by my table. And some douche bag of a guy (WHO WAS TOOOOTALLY WASTED, and I know because he TOTALLY told us at least 5 times) was like 'ya'll want a tattoo? come see me at the tattoo convention... blah blah, i mean i can't do one RIGHT now because i'm WASTED but tomorrow I will be sober and I can do it.'

He worked for BigDaddy's Tattoo. His group was asked to leave because he was such an idiot. I've never wanted to NOT go to a business so badly.

BailJumper
05-05-2007, 04:07 PM
I was so there until I saw the $15 door fee.

CMSturgeon
05-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Exactly! I never checked that but didn't really plan to go this year because I thought it was $10 and that seemed like a lot. And then the guy at Ihop was like 'NO MAN IT"S LIKE $15 DOLLARS!' Thats a lot of money just to walk around a bunch of booths. No one would go to the fair if it was $15.

BailJumper
05-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Wait - I thought the fair was a tattoo and mullet convention!