View Full Version : SoundBites in the Park 07

ksearls
04-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Third Season SoundBites in the Park Concert
Series to Entertain Dining Downtowners
Music will fill the Downtown spring air as the third season of the SoundBites in the Park concert series kicks off Friday, April 20 when Pinkie and the Snakeshakers take the stage to entertain Downtowners on their lunch break. Pinkie will perform from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. in Couch Park, located between Broadway and Robinson at Robert S. Kerr, adjacent to Kerr Park.
The SoundBites in the Park concert series continues throughout the spring with bands appearing every Friday on April, May and June. A special Sunset SoundBites show will end the season on June 29 with a twilight show from 4 pm – 6 pm. The bands range from Country, Jazz and Rock to Reggae and 80’s music. Future SoundBites concerts include:

April 20 Pinkie and the Snakeshakers/ Blues
April 27 Aranda/ Rock
May 4 Garrett "Big G" Jacobsen Trio/ Jazz
May 11 III Generation (presented by the Exchange Club)/ Bluegrass
May 18 Horseshoe Road/ Heartland Country
May 25 A-Team/ 80’s
June 1 Camille Harp/ Acoustic Rock
June 8 John Arnold Band/ Country
June 15 The Bluecats/ R&B/Soul
June 22 Jahruba and the Street People/ Reggae
June 29 Groove Merchants/ Top 40
(special Sunset SoundBites 4 pm – 6 pm)

Diners are encouraged to visit one of the many fine Downtown restaurants, grab a lunch to go, and come eat alfresco in the park. Downtown restaurants offering a special $5. SoundBites lunch special include: City Bites, Interurban City Express, Quiznos, Ground Floor Cafe, Over the Counter and Sub Stop. Couch Park features tables with umbrellas, beautiful fountains and cozy shaded seating areas, and is the perfect spot for a midday Downtown retreat from the office.

SoundBites in the Park is presented by the Downtown OKC Business Improvement District (BID). The management and maintenance of Couch Park is also funded through the BID. The purpose of the Downtown OKC BID is to manage, promote, improve and maintain Downtown OKC and to implement programs to achieve the strategy of making Downtown Oklahoma City clean, safe and friendly for businesses, workers, residents and guests. The City of Oklahoma City contracts with Downtown OKC Inc. to execute its BID initiatives.

For more information regarding SoundBites in the Park or the BID, contact Downtown Oklahoma City Inc. at (405) 235-3500 or visit Downtown OKC > Home (http://www.downtownokc.com).

kmf563
04-20-2007, 07:56 AM
This is a fantastic way to spend your lunch hour! If I worked downtown I would be there. Lots of talent in the line up.

kmf563
05-01-2007, 09:01 AM
K -

Do you know if Aranda be rescheduled for this since they got rained out last Friday?? I actually took off work and ended up taking a nice long nap since I was rained out of this and the Arts Festival.