View Full Version : Okc......Deal or No Deal??

okclee
04-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Oklahoma City Casting Call for NBC's "Deal or No Deal" (http://okc.about.com/b/a/257597.htm?nl=1)

HOT ROD
04-16-2007, 11:09 PM
taking excerpts from the link ^^

The [Deal or No Deal] tour will be right here in Oklahoma City on Saturday, April 21st at the AT&T Bricktown Ballpark from 10am to 1pm.

KFOR, the metro's NBC affiliate, is offering you a chance to "Win a Golden Ticket" on their homepage. The ticket will give one lucky person the opportunity to shoot straight to the front of the casting call line for a one-on-one interview with the casting director.

okclee
04-16-2007, 11:13 PM
I have never really watched the show but maybe someone can get on TV an represent Okc, in a good way of course.

HOT ROD
04-16-2007, 11:15 PM
Agree.

The more positive exposure OKC gets the better. Im all for these shows coming to OKC to get contestants and/or to broadcast. It is all positive PR for Oklahoma City, the more we keep hearing and getting OKC out - the better/easier it will be to continue to grow.

mranderson
04-17-2007, 04:54 AM
I have never really watched the show but maybe someone can get on TV an represent Okc, in a good way of course.

I remember seeing a woman on the program not long ago from South Carolina. She was the stereotype hick. Thick accent, obsolete expressions (every other one was "fixin' to"), stupid jokes. The whole thing. I bet the one they choose from Oklahoma City is Billy Bob Bubba or his wife Cindy Sue Bubbette.

These programs seem to love sterotypes that showcase the negative side of cities and states.

PUGalicious
04-17-2007, 05:01 AM
:bright_id Then you should be a shoe in! :beaten_fi

okclee
04-17-2007, 07:29 AM
I think that Okc has done quite well in the reality show world of TV. I am not a big fan of watching any of the reality shows buy my wife is, so I know more than I should.

BailJumper
04-17-2007, 07:44 AM
Then you should be a shoe in!

You beat me to it! I guess I'm gonna have to get up earlier if I wanna beat you to the punch line!

Easy180
04-17-2007, 07:45 AM
One thing about Deal or No Deal....No way you can be a contestant on that show unless you are way over the top and annoying

Guess that leaves me out....Just annoying can't do the over the top thing :tiphat:

jbrown84
04-17-2007, 08:21 AM
Our reality TV celebrity is John Paul Merritt, and he isn't a hick at all.

Karried
04-17-2007, 08:40 AM
You forgot Big Brother.. he's a stereotype through and through. 23 Year old security guard from Durant OK.. turns out he was on the show and found out one of the contestants was actually his sister! oh Gawdddddd I still cringe.http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/286/michaellc1.jpg

Easy180
04-17-2007, 08:54 AM
You forgot Big Brother.. he's a stereotype through and through. 23 Year old security guard from Durant OK.. turns out he was on the show and found out one of the contestants was actually his sister! oh Gawdddddd I still cringe.http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/286/michaellc1.jpg

:omg:

Just glad one of our other representative's Carrie Underwood looks a tad bit better than him

jbrown84
04-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Yeah, I don't watch Big Brother, but I remember him. Give me Carrie or John Paul any day. At least he wasn't from OKC.

CMSturgeon
04-17-2007, 06:15 PM
SO will the show be filmed here too? If so I'm all in. Who's joining me on Saturday?

mranderson
04-17-2007, 06:19 PM

His sister looked like a circus freak. Tattoos all over her body (probably more than was revealed), piercings all over (again, what was revealed, probably more), purple hair... Thank God she lost... And so did bubba.

jbrown84
04-17-2007, 06:37 PM
SO will the show be filmed here too? If so I'm all in. Who's joining me on Saturday?

no, no, it's just an audition.

Kerry
04-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Have you people seen this show? Believe me - the OKC contestant will NOT be an attractive person. In fact - any of you trying out should go in disguise. Pillow under shirt, chewing tobbaco, tooth blacked out, and fake tattos.

If you are woman, dirty up your kids and bring them barefoot to the audition. Remember to take your wedding ring off. Introduce your husband as you comon-law husband. If your a man then bring your wife along but make hold your beer during the audition. Oh yea, bring a dog.

AFCM
04-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Don't forget, you have to give some incredible story of how badly you need the money...something like, you live in your mother's basement and would like to move out and start your own fast food chain. Really, just wear the "L" on your forehead like a badge of honor. Hell, I might do it just to get a shot at one or two of those case carrying hotties.

Howie: Now, what would you do with a million dollars, Jake?

AFCM: I tell you what I'd do man...two chicks at the same time, man.

Howie: That's it...two chicks?

AFCM: Damn straight, always wanted to do that. And I figure if I was a millionaire I could hook that up, too.

MrZ
04-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Don't forget, you have to give some incredible story of how badly you need the money...something like, you live in your mother's basement and would like to move out and start your own fast food chain. Really, just wear the "L" on your forehead like a badge of honor. Hell, I might do it just to get a shot at one or two of those case carrying hotties.

Howie: Now, what would you do with a million dollars, Jake?

AFCM: I tell you what I'd do man...two chicks at the same time, man.

Howie: That's it...two chicks?

AFCM: Damn straight, always wanted to do that. And I figure if I was a millionaire I could hook that up, too.

Would you show them your "O" face? :Smiley199

MadMonk
04-19-2007, 07:48 AM
"Effin ay" :D
http://www.flixster.com/servlet/embed/photo/5921725.jpg

mranderson
04-19-2007, 08:19 PM
"Effin ay" :D
http://www.flixster.com/servlet/embed/photo/5921725.jpg

Dietrich Bader's character, shown above, from "Office Space," is in Dallas, not a city or town in Oklahoma.

MadMonk
04-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Dietrich Bader's character, shown above, from "Office Space," is in Dallas, not a city or town in Oklahoma.
Um...ookaay. :pat_head:

:dad: :053: