View Full Version : Child Beauty Pageants

CMSturgeon
04-14-2007, 07:28 PM
What are your thoughts??

Here are some locals:
Home (http://www.ourdiamondmisspageants.com/)

CuatrodeMayo
04-14-2007, 07:46 PM
Every watch Little Miss Sunshine?

It pretty much sums it up for me.

TaurusNYC
04-15-2007, 09:03 PM
Shallow, demeaning, exploitative, desperate, sickening, pathetic, tasteless, talentless, brainless, valueless .......and that's just the parents!

mranderson
04-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Shallow, demeaning, exploitative, desperate, sickening, pathetic, tasteless, talentless, brainless, valueless .......and that's just the parents!

Try telling my niece that child pageants are the above. She won every one she entered including Our Little Miss America. She then became a professional model with a long term contract doing JC Penney ads. She is now retired, however, she has enough money to never again work in her life. All due to the Our Little Miss pageants.

FYI: She won in 1975 at age five. Plus, none of the parents were as you described with only one exception. (not my nieces mom)

CuatrodeMayo
04-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Shallow, demeaning, exploitative, desperate, sickening, pathetic, tasteless, talentless, brainless, valueless ...

and lucrative!

woot!

Easy180
04-16-2007, 08:03 AM
Try telling my niece that child pageants are the above. She won every one she entered including Our Little Miss America. She then became a professional model with a long term contract doing JC Penney ads. She is now retired, however, she has enough money to never again work in her life. All due to the Our Little Miss pageants.

FYI: She won in 1975 at age five. Plus, none of the parents were as you described with only one exception. (not my nieces mom)

Enough to live on doing JC Penney ads??....Should have at least said Vogue or Vanity to make it a little more realistic

Pageants are all about the parents and trying to live through their children....Hope 12 ft high trophies in their basements are satisfying enough for them to waste their kid's lives on petty beauty pageants...Complete waste of time

bandnerd
04-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Yeah, things are a little different now. Those parents are like the ultimate "stage-moms" and they scare me.

They make those little girls look unhuman, in my opinion. Fake teeth, hair extentions, overstated makeup, manis and pedis, heels, revealing clothes...and that's for 5 year olds? I don't think so. It's just odd.

mranderson
04-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Enough to live on doing JC Penney ads??....Should have at least said Vogue or Vanity to make it a little more realistic

Pageants are all about the parents and trying to live through their children....Hope 12 ft high trophies in their basements are satisfying enough for them to waste their kid's lives on petty beauty pageants...Complete waste of time

What makes you think she did not do JC Penney? Do you know my niece? No. You do not. Think about that.

Easy180
04-16-2007, 05:55 PM
What makes you think she did not do JC Penney? Do you know my niece? No. You do not. Think about that.

I thought about it and I doubt very seriously anyone could retire from just doing JC Penney ad's...Sure she may have done them, but I'm thinking you are exaggerating just a tad on the money they shell out

mranderson
04-17-2007, 05:01 AM
I thought about it and I doubt very seriously anyone could retire from just doing JC Penney ad's...Sure she may have done them, but I'm thinking you are exaggerating just a tad on the money they shell out

Have you ever heard about something smart people do called investing? Think about that. Plus, I did not say how long she modeled, if she is married, or anything like that, now did I?

PUGalicious
04-17-2007, 05:06 AM
... but I'm thinking you are exaggerating just a tad...
So many posts this comment could apply to...

Keith
04-17-2007, 05:18 AM
Most children that I have seen participating in pageants do not look happy. Like Easy180 said, parents are trying to live through their children, and the children are the ones suffering.

What happens when the child doesn't win? The parents show their dissappointment, and the child's self esteem goes way down. Children should not be exposed to this type of stress so early in life.

Let them wear the heavy make-up, lipstick, and pretty dresses while they are playing house with their friends.....not for a beauty pageant. Let them enjoy being a kid.

Easy180
04-17-2007, 07:17 AM
Have you ever heard about something smart people do called investing? Think about that. Plus, I did not say how long she modeled, if she is married, or anything like that, now did I?

So she doesn't have to work because her husband is wealthy enough....Glad we got that out...Now I can move on

CMSturgeon
04-17-2007, 06:13 PM
What happens when the child doesn't win? The parents show their dissappointment, and the child's self esteem goes way down. Children should not be exposed to this type of stress so early in life.

What about the sports as well? I ran track but I never experienced the losing stress because my parents didn't care and didn't go really. Oh, and, I NEVER LOST.

So, just, don't lose right? MWAHA.

mranderson
04-17-2007, 06:21 PM
So she doesn't have to work because her husband is wealthy enough....Glad we got that out...Now I can move on

Once again, you are presuming. I never said nor will I say if she is or ever has been married. Sir, I know what my niece has done with her life. I suggest you just give up.

bandnerd
04-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Oh why don't you just stop beating around the damn bush and just tell us so we don't have to read this inane back and forth crap?

Why must you always be all, "You know nothing about me, you young whipper-snapper. How dare you presume to know anything. I am older." Why can't you just answer a question?

And who cares how much/little she got paid? I don't think anyone could live off JC Penney ads myself, but obviously she had some other source of income. It doesn't matter.

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

That said...I still feel the same way about child beauty pageants as I did in my previous post.

Easy180
04-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Frustrating as hell huh bandnerd?...A real man of mystery

Should have known better to question something so unimportant....Back to regular programming