View Full Version : Household furniture donations?

aroberts
04-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Probably not the right place for this but I wasn't sure. If not, moderators please move it.

We live on the west side of Yukon and will be moving out of state in a little over a month and have decided to not take most of our living room furniture. Couch, 2 chairs and also my daughters bed which she has outgrown. All in great shape and less than 3 years old.

So, since I don't want to mess with selling it at this point, are there places that will accept the furniture as donations to sell or whatever and use the money for good purposes and also pick it up? I don't have a way to haul it myself and I'm only home on weekends starting next week although my wife is home after 6 PM.

Thanks,
Alan

Karried
04-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Hi Alan.. Angelicfly was just looking for a couch.. not sure if it would work..

You might try Prevent Blindness:

Donations are accepted in Oklahoma City and the surrounding communities, as well as the Tulsa area. To arrange a pick up, call (405) 948-1093 or (918) 445-9005 in Tulsa. You may drop your donation off at any Bargain Thrift Store location. (http://www.bargainthrift.com/location.html)

Bargain Thrift (http://www.bargainthrift.com/index.htm)

BaconCheeseburgerDeluxe
04-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Probably not the right place for this but I wasn't sure. If not, moderators please move it.

We live on the west side of Yukon and will be moving out of state in a little over a month and have decided to not take most of our living room furniture. Couch, 2 chairs and also my daughters bed which she has outgrown. All in great shape and less than 3 years old.

So, since I don't want to mess with selling it at this point, are there places that will accept the furniture as donations to sell or whatever and use the money for good purposes and also pick it up? I don't have a way to haul it myself and I'm only home on weekends starting next week although my wife is home after 6 PM.

Thanks,

Alan

Goodwill, Salvation Army and Amvets and several other charities offer free pickup. Just check the yellow pages under charitable organizations. I would think one of them would be able to accomodate your schedule.

metro
04-12-2007, 07:19 AM
aroberts, my wife and I might be interested in the couch. do you have a pic or can you PM me more details about it? Thanks.

aroberts
04-13-2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks everybody. My wife has scheduled a pickup for Prevent Blindness for Monday.

I hadn't really given much thought to putting it up on a site like this as this whole move thing has me completely frazzled. :dizzy: We were initially going to purchase a house and move everything but put that off for now and will be living the barebones duplex life for a while.

Have to be out of the house here end of this month. I start my job next Monday so will come back on weekends as my wife and daughter are staying with friends till my daughters school is over. Nothing ever works like you plan. :smile: