View Full Version : this weekend? April 19-22

Danny
04-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Im coming in for the street rod nationals this weekend, is there anything going on this weekend that I need to know about?

Karried
04-11-2007, 08:14 AM
You might like to see the Oklahoma Mustang Centennial National - Big car show:

Show site is at Wild Horse Park in Mustang, and the host hotel is the Clarion Meridian Hotel & Convention Center in Oklahoma City, (405) 942-8511. Additional show and hotel information is available on the show website:

OMC Home Page (http://www.okmustangs.com/)

Oklahoma Centennial Mustang National
Scheduled Events
Free Friday Night Pow Wow Reception
Friday April 20th
The Oklahoma Mustang Club will be providing a free Oklahoma
Pow Wow reception for your entertainment. 2007 is Oklahoma's
100th year of Statehood and what better way to celebrate it than
Native American Dancing and Buffalo burgers. We would like to
invite everyone who enters the show to join in on the fun and
Activities
Saturday Night in Bricktown!
Saturday April 21st
Oklahoma City's Bricktown is opening their arms and rolling out
the red carpet for the Oklahoma Centennial Mustang National
participants. They will have special parking with security available
for everyone. More information n Bricktown is available on the
the "Oklahoma Information Link".

Saturday Night Poker Run
Saturday, April 21st.
The Oklahoma mustang club and the geeks and geezers
of mustang are getting together to put on a poker run for
those who choose not to go to Bricktown. You will get to see
more of the Mustang area and maybe win some money
doing it. You just can't beat that.

Karried
04-11-2007, 08:23 AM
Travis Tritt will be at Riverwind in Norman .. not sure if you're a fan but it might be fun. Pretty up close and personal- smaller venue.

Karried
04-11-2007, 08:35 AM
I'm thinking you like speed...

Oklahoma Motorsports Complex (http://www.oklahomamotorsportscomplex.com/index.html)

And if like horses: Fast horses: Race track....

Remington Park Home (http://www.remingtonpark.com/)

Danny
04-11-2007, 09:04 AM
thanks Karried, but I am working at the car show, will be there all day for 3 days, I wont want to see a another car :)
also, my wife will be with me and my 4 month old son, any idea on what they can do on Saturday? don't say the zoo, they do not dare go there without me.

Karried
04-11-2007, 09:23 AM
oh okay.. what about the Myriad Botanical Gardens? Crystal Bridge.. that is beautiful. Double check to make sure it has reopened because they just did a major renovation.

I love the Zoo, I have an annual membership and go all the time with the kids without my husband. It's beautiful there and the Trails are gorgeous... but a 4 month old won't care about anything except eating and sleeping. I always feel perfectly safe there.

If it were me, I'd hit the mall and walk around window shopping while baby sleeps in the stroller - Penn Square, Quail Springs, North Park are all nice... and if she is really brave (and you have a somewhat quiet baby ) she might take in an early matinee movie .. Quail Springs has $4 movies before Noon, Fri - Sat..

jbrown84
04-11-2007, 09:30 AM
I imagine something will be going on at the memorial.

Also, the Zoo has a great new exhibit.

metro
04-11-2007, 10:06 AM
Yeah don't forget its the anniversary of the OKC Bombing. The memorial will have events going on all week and it is a must see at least once.

smacketyanne
04-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Pinkie and the Snakeshakers, a great local blues band, will be playing Fri.at 10 pm at Galileo Bar and Grill, in the Paseo district. Get there early and visit the galleries and have some great food. It's located around NW 30th and Dewey.

metro
04-13-2007, 02:03 PM
I'm a little confused, this weekend is 14-15th, not the 19th -22nd as most posts and the thread title above. Which days are you really in town. People have been posting events for the dates you mentioned in the title, but this weekend is not those dates. Meridian cruise is also this weekend (rain permitting I'm guessing). It's usually pretty fun to go to, although you mentioned you didn't want to be around cars anymore. If you're in town tonight, I highly recommend getting some tickets off the street for the Hornets final game in OKC. The OKC memorial is also a must on this 12th anniversary.