View Full Version : BricktownOKC.com is finally under development.

AFCM
04-11-2007, 01:45 AM
It's about time. Let's just hope Hogan's not the one developing it all.

Bricktown - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Shopping, Dining, Events (http://www.bricktownokc.com)

johnnyboyokc
05-10-2007, 01:15 AM
look at it in a few weeks........unbeliveable..........for now got to www.myspace/brewerentertainment

SWOKC 4 me
06-02-2007, 08:35 PM
I just looked today and bricktownokc.com seems to be up and running! What I've seen seems to be at least a little more up to date, however, I have not had the chance to look at much of it yet.

Bricktown - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Dining, Shopping, Events (http://www.bricktownokc.com)

Karried
06-03-2007, 08:23 AM
It's looking good so far.

I wonder if they should have a Photo Contest so they can compile more that 4 photos.

I've seen some spectacular photos from Metro, Jbrown84, Doug, Cid and many,many more..

I think they would welcome entries.

HOT ROD
06-04-2007, 05:35 PM
They still misspelled Marriott in the name of the Marriott Renaissance.

Furthermore, its not Marriott Renaissance anyways!! its just Renaissance.

Also, Courtyard by Marriott is now going by JUST Courtyard Hotel, especially in major cities' downtown locations. As is Residence Inn.
but it looks pretty stupid for them to spell Marriott correctly two other times but not for the Renaissance. Get a clue guys, this same mistake was on the last site as well and I emailed them about it already - still not fixed!!!! Drop the Marriott or at least spell it correctly!!

Also, where are the hyperlinks? all of those hotels and most of those restaurants and nightclubs have websites.

ouguy23
06-04-2007, 09:46 PM
They still misspelled Marriott in the name of the Marriott Renaissance.

Furthermore, its not Marriott Renaissance anyways!! its just Renaissance.

Also, Courtyard by Marriott is now going by JUST Courtyard Hotel, especially in major cities' downtown locations. As is Residence Inn.
but it looks pretty stupid for them to spell Marriott correctly two other times but not for the Renaissance. Get a clue guys, this same mistake was on the last site as well and I emailed them about it already - still not fixed!!!! Drop the Marriott or at least spell it correctly!!

Also, where are the hyperlinks? all of those hotels and most of those restaurants and nightclubs have websites.

You sound angry...do u need a hug?:Smiley173

AFCM
06-05-2007, 01:23 AM
You sound angry...do u need a hug?:Smiley173

He's not angry; he's passionate. Still, I'm sure he'll welcome a hug. Just PM an "XXOO" his way.

jbrown84
06-05-2007, 08:30 AM
I really like the design, especially those button highlights.

Lauri101
06-24-2007, 05:52 AM
Although I applaud the existence of the website, I don't know where to begin on the things needed to make it functional for a visitor to OKC.

As Hot Rod said - hyperlinks should be set for all businesses with websites. And spelling should be checked thoroughly! The site should be updated at least weekly and news should have a dateline.

Although combining nightlife and dining seems logical, a stranger to the city will know nothing about which is which.

Example - A couple with young children visiting Bricktown wants to take the family out to a casual dinner. Do they go to City Walk? How about a little Spyce-y food?

Separate the restaurants and clubs and give a description of each. Or plan A, the hyperlinks, at the very least.

Ditch the music at load - just my personal preference.

When I travel, the first thing I do is go to the web for information. Were I a first-time visitor to OKC, and relying on the BricktownOKC.com site, I'd likely go elsewhere.

I know - I'm a cranky-pants! :p

Karried
06-24-2007, 07:27 AM
It is starting to look much better now..

I think they were just starting out and adding a little at a time. They have added more pictures, corrected some errors and added some links.

I think over time, it will be a nice website representing Bricktown.

jbrown84
06-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Good points, Lauri.

JerzeeGrlinOKC
06-30-2007, 12:21 PM
Site looks great! And much of the comments everyone has said are my comments too (music a little loud [but there is a button to turn off], maybe some links, does have nice buttons, nice layout, etc)

This next comment has not much to do with the site itself, but just the fact that the shopping section looks awfully sad. The shopping section looks sad because shopping is sad in bricktown. I think that it should be removed as its own section until we actually get some more decent retail. The only picture to put up is the Bass Pro, which says it all (actually I think the Painted Door would look better than the Bass Pro). To avoid visitors being scared away, maybe this area should be hidden or buried under another topic.

Or another thought, maybe the site should not limit listing that are physically IN bricktown, but those nearby (within a defined radius) in the "downtown" parts of the city (although to be honest nothing really comes to mind about what would be listed but I'll admit I haven't done much exploring around that area)? Just a thought.

AFCM
06-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Or another thought, maybe the site should not limit listing that are physically IN bricktown, but those nearby (within a defined radius) in the "downtown" parts of the city (although to be honest nothing really comes to mind about what would be listed but I'll admit I haven't done much exploring around that area)? Just a thought.

I noticed they do have several attractions that are outside of Bricktown listed and I agree with you JerzeeGrlinOKC. There's just not enough going on in Bricktown right now to mention only those attractions the district. I think a good addition, even though it's not in Bricktown proper, would be OKCRocks. We need to give people, particularly out-of-towners, the impression that you can do more in Bricktown than just dinner and a movie.

jbrown84
07-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Yeah, they need to put OKCRocks in there.

Also, I think it would help if under Restaurants/Nightlife they would be a "categoy" below each name, like Italian or Sushi or Dance Club or Bar.

johnnyboyokc
07-12-2007, 11:50 PM
if there is any actionin the dt area needed to be listed just call 2364143 and it will be added

johnnyboyokc
07-13-2007, 12:29 AM
sorry attraction that needs to be added contact 2364143

maestro
07-19-2007, 12:17 PM
I think this: Bricktown Downtown Oklahoma City (http://www.bricktownokc.org/)

......is the official website of the Bricktown Association. The other one is Brewer's Bricktown website.

AFCM
07-20-2007, 01:31 AM
I think this: Bricktown Downtown Oklahoma City (http://www.bricktownokc.org/)

......is the official website of the Bricktown Association. The other one is Brewer's Bricktown website.

Heck, everything in OKC is named Bricktown; it only makes sense to have a few URL's with Bricktown in its moniker.

Thanks for the link maestro. I actually still prefer Brewer's over this one aside from the "Your Ad Here" crap. That just looks so friggin' tacky and unprofessional. At least the .org one is a little more subtle.

GuyB
09-20-2007, 08:49 PM
I like their photo gallery they keep update with the latest new development's.

Nabber
10-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Yo,

Keep chatting about issues like this.I promise some of it will be done.
This site has city lurkers and even members as part of there daily job, To check out the feelings of the people.At least in Kansas city they do.

Wandering Newbie
Nabber