View Full Version : Quelch the B.S.

Spartan
04-06-2007, 10:14 PM
I would not have almost 900 posts if I was not on OKC Talk to be at OKC Talk and for no other reason. If I were on here just to promote a site, then I would do like everyone else who is on a forum just to promote a site, and it would be pushing to get me to post over 100 forum contributions.

Furthermore anyone who knows me knows that I'm stingy with few things. My prized urban photography is one of those few things, and if I weren't desperately trying to be diplomatic I sure as heck would not have posted some of my favorite photographs in the OKC Talk Gallery.

And as a challenge to my vocal detractors, I would like to see some originality. If I had a dime for every time my website (which is very different in that it is state-wide and solely devoted to intellectual urban discussion, and not random chit chat) was brought up in discussion I would quit my job and build a 60-story high-rise in honor of those that made me rich; Metro namely.

I would also like to add that content provided by my website (projects on our Project Pages section) have actually been used in OKC Talk posts. I have not had any problem with that. But for some reason people on OKC Talk (who aren't even in good standing with the admin here) have a major problem with me making original contributions to OKC Talk.

Well I'm stumped folks.

writerranger
04-06-2007, 10:31 PM
I would not have almost 900 posts if I was not on OKC Talk to be at OKC Talk and for no other reason. If I were on here just to promote a site, then I would do like everyone else who is on a forum just to promote a site, and it would be pushing to get me to post over 100 forum contributions.

Furthermore anyone who knows me knows that I'm stingy with few things. My prized urban photography is one of those few things, and if I weren't desperately trying to be diplomatic I sure as heck would not have posted some of my favorite photographs in the OKC Talk Gallery.

And as a challenge to my vocal detractors, I would like to see some originality. If I had a dime for every time my website (which is very different in that it is state-wide and solely devoted to intellectual urban discussion, and not random chit chat) was brought up in discussion I would quit my job and build a 60-story high-rise in honor of those that made me rich; Metro namely.

I would also like to add that content provided by my website (projects on our Project Pages section) have actually been used in OKC Talk posts. I have not had any problem with that. But for some reason people on OKC Talk (who aren't even in good standing with the admin here) have a major problem with me making original contributions to OKC Talk.

Well I'm stumped folks.

This deserves a thread? Or is this your public plea - and the launch of a rehabilitation campaign - for the benefit of MalibuSooner, the new owner of OKCTalk?

But for some reason people on OKC Talk (who aren't even in good standing with the admin here) have a major problem with me making original contributions to OKC Talk.
Spartan, you do it again in the sentence above! Can you not see it? What is the purpose of that kind of gossip-mongering? You want everyone to think either myself or Metro (who in another thread you call your major detractors, though surely you see there are many more) have problems with "the admin." Well, I have no idea who or what you're talking about and furthermore - don't care! I may be taking a giant leap here, but I am just guessing that neither does anyone else!

We need a "Report This Thread/Post" button that automatically sends a complaint to the appropriate moderator so needless threads like this one can be deleted.

Whew. I am taking ten deep breaths and going to bed - early.

-------------

Spartan
04-06-2007, 10:51 PM
You are right. It is a public plea. I am sick of this treatment I've gotten over here.

I have no idea what the new admin will be like or who will be on it. I've had a friend in Patrick for a long time, and I believe without Patrick I would be mince meat on this forum, and for that I am thankful. I am a little bit apprehensive as to what the future will hold, as these honorable gentlemen that have ran this forum since since the dawn of time go their own way.

I'm not gossip-mongering. Your point against me is that I have a lot of detractors. You and Metro have a lot of detractors too. Why is it when I point it out that it's gossip-mongering, but when you point it out I don't resort to games like that?

Anything you have to say about me is fair game even if it is a load of B.S. And writerranger, there IS a report post feature. Should I start using it?

Karried
04-07-2007, 07:09 AM
Writterranger, there is a Red report button on the upper right.

This discussion might be better served through PM as it seems to affect only a few members (namely the three of you).

I would like to add that when someone disagrees with someone else, it is imperative to keep it to the subject at hand and follow the set rules of the forum.

PUGalicious
04-07-2007, 08:31 AM
You are right. It is a public plea. I am sick of this treatment I've gotten over here.
I've tried to stay above the fray in all these squabbles involving you. Anyone who has been around here a while knows that I have my own checkered past when it comes to troublemaking, so I've been trying to stay out of the tit-for-tat bickering so as to be a less bothersome contributor.

With that being said, it's all become a bit tiresome of late. And frankly, Spartan, I cannot help but think that you have willfully brought so much of your "persecution" on yourself. And I'm finding myself struggling to be sympathetic to all the "B.S." you claim to be subject to.

From this vantage point, your own contribution of antagonistic "B.S." has certainly alienated more people than won over any friends on this forum. Time and time again, I've diligently bitten my own tongue to refrain from getting in the middle of the fights you repeatedly seemed to flame with some of your inane remarks. At times, you have made positive, meaningful contributions; but there are many other times where you simply devolved the discussion into childish banter.

While I find myself disagreeing with metro at times -- e.g., in the cumbersome discussion revolving around LifeChurch -- I have to say that his positive, meaningful and beneficial contributions far outweigh any of the negatives that might exist. And I don't always agree with writeranger, but he too is a solid contributor to this site and more of a protagonist than an antagonist.

While I opposed metro's attack on you in one particular thread where he accused you of simply promoting your site because I saw nothing patently offensive to what you were doing, I have to say that you do seem to like promoting your site repeatedly. And I find myself asking, why does there need to be a "partnership" between the two sites? Why does there need to be competition between the two sites? Let each site exist on its own merits. If people want to participate in both, then fine. If people only want to participate in one or the other, fine. But there's no reason why the discussion needs to overlap or spill over from one to the other. Frankly, if I wanted to participate in that site, I would. But I hardly need to hear it repeatedly brought up in this forum. It seems more self-serving than beneficial to the other members of this site.

I certainly welcome your continued participation in this forum, but the persecution complex has got to stop, IMHO.

OKC Heel
04-07-2007, 07:37 PM
http://blog.mediacatalyst.com/images/seriousbusiness.jpg

mranderson
04-08-2007, 10:28 AM
http://blog.mediacatalyst.com/images/seriousbusiness.jpg

Who IS this guy? You did not identify him.

NE Oasis
04-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Who IS this guy? You did not identify him.

He is the love child of George Tomek and Mike Wallace, installed in this thread as a stock photograph to try to ease the tension.

SpectralMourning
04-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Hahaha... I hope you're all joking. I mean, it's an online discussion forum on development. Just have fun with it, jeez.

That picture was hilarious, Heel.