View Full Version : Drunk bus driver

Keith
11-12-2004, 12:38 PM
I'm glad that this did not happen in a large city, although it was dangerous either way. This bus driver should have his license revoked and sent to jail :mad: . Not to mention that he was driving a school bus with children on it. He will be lucky if the parents of these children don't sue him and the school district.

School bus driver jailed after 4 crashes

By The Associated Press

WILBURTON -- A southeastern Oklahoma school bus driver was jailed on a complaint of driving under the influence of drugs after crashing the bus four times, authorities said Friday.
Between nine and 30 students were on the bus during the various crashes Thursday afternoon, but no injuries were reported, according to an Oklahoma Highway Patrol accident report.

Charles Bray, 58, of Buffalo Valley crashed the Buffalo Valley school district bus four times in Pushmataha and Latimer counties between 3 and 4 p.m., the OHP said.

No charges have yet been filed, said Latimer County Assistant District Attorney Scot Sampson.

"The trooper is still working the investigation and I expect to receive his report on Monday," Sampson said.

Bray first hit a tree as he left his home in the southern Latimer County near Sardis Lake about 3 p.m., according to an OHP accident report. He hit a parked car about 3:30 p.m. in a Corps of Engineers parking lot about 10 miles north of Clayton in Pushmataha County, then hit another parked car, then a fence and telephone box about 4 p.m. on private property near Yanush in Latimer County.

Patrick
11-14-2004, 12:15 AM
I remember riding the bus a few years back when I was in high school......Northeast High School in the OKC District. I'm willing to bet we ad a few drunk or high bus drivers. It's pretty scary knowing some of the people that drive our children around.