View Full Version : How low can you go?

Karried
04-06-2007, 05:34 PM
This is so sad!! I wish we could do a 'tool' drive.. we could donate or we could ask local businesses to donate woodworking tools to this elderly man.. anyone have any experience or suggestions on proceeding with this type of 'drive'?

It just seems so sad and below the belt to me..
Thief rips off storm victim's livelihood
By Randy Ellis
Staff Writer

It has been only a week since a tornado ripped the roof off Roger and Joyce Eells' northwest Oklahoma City home. Now they have been ripped off by a thief.

"Somebody came by Friday night and stole all my valuable tools,” said Roger Eells, 65, who lives at 12500 N Morgan Road. "How low-down can you get? It just ruined my day.”

Eells is a retired Mustang wood shop teacher and homebuilder who still does handyman work.

Tools are important to him. They help him make a living. Making and fixing things gives him joy, he said. The tools could have been used to help repair his home.

The day after the tornado, Eells and a friend dug through the remnants of his garage, searching for his tools. When the tools were found, they were carefully removed and taken to the one shed he still had standing for storage.

The next morning, they were gone.
Eells said the theft has not destroyed his faith in humanity and his experiences with people since the tornado have been far more good than bad.

The day after the tornado, Johnson's Tree Service and Landscaping brought a crew by his home to haul off downed trees for free. Karl Carter of Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse dropped by and offered free bottled water, Gatorade and garden tools. Friends and members of LifeChurch.tv also have come by to help.

Still, the theft leaves Eells sad.
"I didn't think Okies would do that,” Eells said.

"The thief probably wasn't from Oklahoma.”