View Full Version : Freeze Warning-Happy Easter

Karried
04-06-2007, 08:12 AM
Issued at: 8:14 AM CDT 4/6/07, expires at: 4:15 PM CDT 4/6/07

Freeze warning remains in effect from 10 pm this evening to 11 am cdt Saturday, freeze warning remains in effect from 10 pm Saturday to 11 am cdt Sunday, frost advisory has expired
The frost advisory is no longer in effect. A freeze warning remains in effect from 10 pm this evening to 11 am cdt Saturday. A freeze warning also remains in effect from 10 pm Saturday to 11 am cdt Sunday.
Low temperatures tonight and Saturday night are forecast to be in the mid to upper 20s across west central and central oklahoma. Record low temperatures will be possible each night.
Temperatures may drop below freezing as early as late evening both days, and remain below
freezing until at least mid morning the following day. This means that there will likely be 4 to
10 hours of subfreezing temperatures both nights across central oklahoma.
With a hard freeze forecast both tonight and Saturday night, following the onset of the growing season after unseasonably warm weather that has occurred over the past few weeks, this will likely be a particularly severe freeze event. Pets and livestock may be impacted, along with plants and vegetation that normally would be able to withstand a late-season freeze. Steps should be taken immediately to protect plants and animals from the unseasonably cold weather.
A freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other sensitive vegetation.

Well, there goes my Spring planting I did last week...

jbrown84
04-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Well, there goes my Spring planting I did last week...

Bummer. This is crazy. I walked to lunch today and it was snowing in April. In April!

Keith
04-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Bummer. This is crazy. I walked to lunch today and it was snowing in April. In April!
Snow or no snow, I am still wearing my shorts.:dizzy:

dismayed
04-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Welp there goes the landscaping.

CCOKC
04-09-2007, 01:11 PM
As most gardeners around here know our average last freeze date is the middle of April. With that in mind don't plant plants that will freeze until mid to late April. Most garden stores and Home Depot etc get their plants in much earlier (I think to lure us in so we will get to buy the plants twice) Meanwhile I have been in Boise ID the last ten days and the temps are in the 70's. Of course it is the desert and the night times temps are in the 30's. Miss OK very much and will be back in two days. Yay!!!