View Full Version : When was the last time someone did something nice for you?

CMSturgeon
03-28-2007, 02:43 PM
When was the last time someone did something nice for you? What was it?

When was the last time you did something nice for someone else?

Today when I left work to eat lunch I decided to go to Quiznos. I was sitting there eating and got really full so I took a big ol' deep breath. I'm sitting there eating and looking out the window and a gentleman walks up to me and says "i saw that big deep sigh and I know how you feel. It will get better, it always does, I know how you feel." At first I was like, what the heck is this guy talking about..... his stomach being full? And then I realized he thought that deep breath I took was a sign of sorrow or something. I wasn't sad at the time but that had to have been the sweetest man I've ever met and one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done. Next time I DO have the blues, I'll have that to consider.

Lauri101
03-28-2007, 03:10 PM
This may sound kind of lame, but I try to do something nice for someone every day. It's a karma thing, I guess, but it works.

Today - I pulled back and let a semi merge onto I-40. A few miles later, a different semi let ME merge into the right lane to exit.

And - when I got home, the S.O. had done all of my laundry!

Karried
03-28-2007, 03:18 PM
Last week I was having computer problems.. OKCPulse saved my life and Ibda12u is the sweetest thing ever born.. he's coming over tomorrow to help me! Both friends from OKCTalk. I was really stressed and they helped me out tremendously! Shout out to my buds!

Today, I was in the video store, this elderly gentleman was talking to the clerk.. someone had cut him off on the road and he was a little shaken. I started to talk to him and we talked and talked and I found out 15 years ago he was hit by lighting chasing a storm (worked in broadcast/journalism) he talked to me about working with Gary England and how now he is disabled and is having a hard time .. has had 37 operations and the worker's comp people give him a hard time constantly about helping him with his bills and hassles about insurance .. it was so sad!

He teared up, I teared up and gave him a big hug in the middle of the video store ...... I know, I know, he couldn't have been a mass murderer, but I took my chances!

I hope it made his day a little easier to bear.. a hug from a stranger.. it's not much but hopefully better than feeling that no one cares at all.

Deni
03-30-2007, 08:39 PM
My coworker brought me a coffee Frapp today.. She musta known this was going to be a long day ...