View Full Version : Hogan to develop last pad

Patrick
03-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Lower Bricktown marketing efforts underway for planned Building 7
http://okcbusiness.com/images/photos/B7B-north.jpg

Construction is on pace and further development is on its way in Lower Bricktown as developer Randy Hogan, principal partner of Stonegate-Hogan, has plans in place to develop the last remaining pad available north of Interstate-40.

Situated between Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill and Harkins Theatres, what’s currently dubbed Building 7 will provide approximately 11,000 square feet for retail on the first floor and another 11,000 square feet for office and entertainment space on the second floor.

This, Hogan says, is a combined effort with that of The Centennial mixed-use project, which -- on the retail side -- will provide for a little more than 12,000 square feet.
“A lot of this is about the synergy of the tenant mix, so that space becomes very important as we build a critical mass of entertainment, dining and retail,” Hogan said, adding that developing Building 7 would be predicated to pre-leasing at least 50-percent.
Efforts to recruit retail began just last week, he said, and so far “it looks very encouraging.”

“But we are going to be patient, because we want to get the right mix (of tenants) before we start on this,” Hogan said. “A few groups already are looking at it - a mix of local and regional groups.”

Two businesses scheduled to move in to The Centennial's retail space include Starbucks and King Pin Lanes bowling center. And the residential occupancy has just reached 65 percent. “Our goal is to bump 70 percent by the end of the month,” Hogan said of the one- and two-bedroom units ranging in price from $300,000 to $600,000 at a blended average of $288 per square foot and includes two underground parking spaces.

Patrick
03-27-2007, 11:36 AM
I think this really sucks. Another 2 story building on the canal. Whatever. At least it's mixed use. So suburban!

Patrick
03-27-2007, 11:41 AM
There's still more land fronting the canal north of I-40. Why doesn't he develop it, and build a parking garage somewhere, instead of having surface parking right on the canal. Argh!

Patrick
03-27-2007, 11:42 AM
I think we need to extend the canal up through Automobile Alley, and then over through Midtown.

okclee
03-27-2007, 11:58 AM
When Hogan speaks people listen.

Patrick
03-27-2007, 12:13 PM
What's that supposed to mean?

PUGalicious
03-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Patrick, either you have split personalities participating in this discussion or you were having very random thoughts... four out of the five first posts by the same author?

okclee
03-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Patrick, I didn't realize that I didn't finish my post. ^^

I was going to say something to the effect of Hogan said.

It seems as though in all of his quotes he really didn't say anything, other than he will be constructing another boring piece of Bricktown.

I wonder if he is recruiting Wal-Mart to fit into his "synergy". I can see it now BRICKTOWN WAL-MART on the Canal, that would be great. Let's all hope that when building #7 is finished, that will mean that Hogan will be finished in Bricktown as well. Thanks for Lower Bricktown Hogan, now it will be on someone else to fill in all of the empty space.

Patrick
03-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Patrick, either you have split personalities participating in this discussion or you were having very random thoughts... four out of the five first posts by the same author?

And your point is?

PUGalicious
03-27-2007, 05:24 PM
No point... just observing...

metro
03-27-2007, 07:02 PM
This is a duplicate post. Scroll down a few topics and we've already discussed this exact topic 3 pages in length. I posted the exact same article you just posted last month:

http://www.okctalk.com/bricktown-wired/8933-plans-announced-last-pad-lower-bricktown.html