View Full Version : 30 best places to work in Oklahoma

metro
03-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Today the annual list of 30 best companies to work for in Oklahoma was released. As you can see the overwhelming majority are in the OKC/Norman metro. So using this data, one could answer someone's previous question of which metro's economy is better.

Best Companies Group, OKCBusiness announce Best Places to Work winners
By OKCBusiness Staff - 3/26/2007

Best Companies Group and OKCBusiness announced the 30 winners of the “2007 Best Places to Work in Oklahoma” competition today.

Modern Think LLC collected and analyzed data and employee surveys to select the honorees.

Best Companies Group and OKCBusiness have partnered with Oklahoma HR Council, The State Chamber, Career Tech, Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits, Greater Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce and Oklahoma Department of Commerce to conduct the annual program.

Divided into medium (between 25 and 249 employees) and large (more than 250 employees), the 30 winners will be announced by ranking at a May 3 awards dinner at Oklahoma City’s Skirvin Hilton.

The 30 winners in alphabetical order:

Large category

• Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Tulsa

• Chesapeake Energy Corporation, Oklahoma City

• Diagnostic Laboratory of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City

• Edward Jones, Edmond

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Oklahoma City

• First Fidelity Bank NA, Oklahoma City

• Great Plains Regional Medical Center, Elk City

• INTEGRIS Health, Inc., Oklahoma City

• Medical Consultants, Oklahoma City

• Norman Regional Health System, Norman

• Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City

• The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc., Oklahoma City

• Tinker Federal Credit Union, Oklahoma City

• U.S. Cellular, Tulsa

• Willams, Tulsa

Medium Category

• BVA Advanced Eye Care, Oklahoma City

• Capital One Auto Finance, Tulsa

• CFR, Inc., Oklahoma City

• Coppermark Bank, Oklahoma City

• Delta Dental of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City

• Eide Bailly, Tulsa

• Express Personnel Services, Oklahoma City

• Hallmark Management, Oklahoma City

• Murrell, Hall, McIntosh & Co., PLLP, Norman

• Nextep, Norman

• North American Group, Oklahoma City

• Rees Associates, Inc., Oklahoma City

• Scott Rice, Broken Arrow and Oklahoma City

• Selser Schaefer Architects, Tulsa

• Vox Printing Incorporated

HOT ROD
03-27-2007, 01:58 AM
as it should be.

AFCM
03-27-2007, 02:05 AM
Where is Vox Printing Inc. located?

OKCMallen
07-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Enterprise Rent a Car! Haha, whatever! (Thread rez anyone?)

Bobby821
07-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Enterprise Rent a Car! Haha, whatever! (Thread rez anyone?)

Droll very Droll

PokeyePierce
07-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Any idea why Devon didn't make the list?

HOT ROD
07-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Maybe with this list tulsan's can quit saying OKC is just a government city. ..

Those are some pretty recognizable companies with their regional or corporate hq based in OKC.

Rover
07-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Not many Tulsa companies on that list.

JWil
07-18-2008, 12:26 AM
Tulsans need to shift gears and focus on keeping up with cities in its league... like Wichita and Amarillo.

scootinger
07-18-2008, 12:32 AM
I'm surprised that QuikTrip isn't on there...I've heard of them placing on some some similar lists before, and they're based out of Tulsa!

Edmond_Outsider
07-18-2008, 04:54 AM
Companies pay to participate in the survey.

Toadrax
07-18-2008, 06:32 AM
I heard there was a job somewhere in the city where you just plan tulips for $30/hour, sounds pretty good.

MadMonk
07-18-2008, 01:06 PM
Is there a lot of planning involved with tulips?
<jk> ;)

ThePlainsman
07-18-2008, 02:21 PM
Oh gosh, because they are truly one of the worst companies to work for anywhere. The turnover is unprecedented.

I've know a few people who "like" it there. Then 3-6 months later, they are with another company and telling me how much they hated it.

There rep in the oil/gas business precedes them. And it's not favorable--at all.

dismayed
07-20-2008, 10:03 AM
I would really like to know how OKC Business/Best Companies came up with their selections. I know of several companies that participated where nearly everyone is making a great salary/benefits that didn't make the list. It doesn't make sense to me that they wouldn't appear here. It also doesn't make sense to me that not a one of the CNN/Money Magazine Top 100 Companies to Work For, of which many exist here in Oklahoma, aren't on the list. I'm thinking they relied too heavily on employee survey results.

stickboy
07-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Oh gosh, because they are truly one of the worst companies to work for anywhere. The turnover is unprecedented.

I've know a few people who "like" it there. Then 3-6 months later, they are with another company and telling me how much they hated it.

There rep in the oil/gas business precedes them. And it's not favorable--at all.

Are you referring to Devon? If so, this is absurd. I've been in the industry for several years and I know quite a few people who work there who love it, and it didn't make it onto Forbes list for having an unfavorable reputation.

sroberts24
07-21-2008, 12:20 PM
deleted