View Full Version : K, women only.........question regarding hysterectomy/AP surgery also

redredwine
03-26-2007, 12:10 PM
HI~~~

Have not posted in awhile been super busy. I had surgery on March 16th. I had a partial hyst plus, bladder sling, and posterior work done. Has anyone on here had this stuff done. I was just wondering about stuff and how long it took you to feel normal, or maybe if you had friends who have had it. I feel great but in pain still some and had to go off of meds so I could drive UGH!! Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

:sofa:

CMSturgeon
03-28-2007, 06:57 AM
My mother had a hysterectomy when she was in her 30s and it went all kinds of wrong. About 3 days afterwards I went in her room to wake her up and I was like, "um, why is there blood all over your bed?" I dont know what was wrong but she lost 2 pints of blood from it. Wait, how many pints do you have in your body? Anyway, she had to get a blood transfusion and etc. Posterior work, medical or cosmetic?

Oh and a coworker had a hysterectomy about 2 months ago. She took off of work for like a month but said that much time really wasn't necessary, lol.

redredwine
03-30-2007, 10:34 AM
WOW, out of 41 people reading only 1 had someone they knew that had a hysterectomy.........that is wild!! Sorry "CM", I have not been back on since I posted that........ in answering your question about medical or cosmetic, all of it was medically necessary, I THANK GOD have not had to have any cosmetic anything. I did not lose any blood and have had no problems. I was up and trying to do way to much after 4 days but paid for it later. I am 2 weeks post surg now. I had alot more than Hyst though. A month off work???? I work with kids at an Elementary school and I am going back Monday even though he said 3 weeks, but I think as long as I am not lifting ( think for like months) I am ok but that is the sling thing, is why I cant lift, I have alot of stitches inside. Anyway, thanks for posting............... I just do not get on this much. I forget about it I guess, to busy, doing other things.