View Full Version : Hyatt coming to OKC

Patrick
03-25-2007, 09:30 PM
http://oklahomacityairport.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/gallery/photos.jsp?hotelId=530&start=2 (http://oklahomacityairport.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/gallery/photos.jsp?hotelId=530&start=2)

Hyatt will open a new hotel in OKC this year. It'll be at Meridian and SW 15th St. While it's not a full-service Hyatt, it will carry the Hyatt brand into OKC, hopefully a sign of future market expansion. Also it's a pretty nice chain, or sub-chain. The Hyatt Place hotels are all ultra-contemporary and modern on the inside and have such amenities like plasma screen tvs mandatory in all rooms.

okcpulse
03-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Very nice! Keep going, OKC!

writerranger
03-25-2007, 10:19 PM
http://oklahomacityairport.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/gallery/photos.jsp?hotelId=530&start=2 (http://oklahomacityairport.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/gallery/photos.jsp?hotelId=530&start=2)

Hyatt will open a new hotel in OKC this year. It'll be at Meridian and SW 15th St. While it's not a full-service Hyatt, it will carry the Hyatt brand into OKC, hopefully a sign of future market expansion. Also it's a pretty nice chain, or sub-chain. The Hyatt Place hotels are all ultra-contemporary and modern on the inside and have such amenities like plasma screen tvs mandatory in all rooms.

I agree, Patrick. Hyatt Place are great little hotels. Like you, I'm glad that it brings the Hyatt name into our market. Hyatt though, is already here with Amerisuites which has been theirs since 2005. They also franchise the Microtel and Hawthorne Suites chains, all under the Global Hyatt umbrella. I wouldn't know this except that I have a friend who works for Hyatt and he has always been kind enough to comp rooms, at times, at a few of these places for my personal, non work related travel.

------------------------

mranderson
03-26-2007, 05:50 AM
Nightly rate? Probably... KAHCHING!, KAHCHING!

bombermwc
03-26-2007, 07:58 AM
As I understand it, they are just converting the Amerisuites, which isn't really at 15th, but about a 1/4 mile south of it. Part of Amerisuites changing names all over the country.

writerranger
03-26-2007, 02:51 PM
As I understand it, they are just converting the Amerisuites, which isn't really at 15th, but about a 1/4 mile south of it. Part of Amerisuites changing names all over the country.

If they convert into a full-blown Hyatt Place, they are a helluva lot nicer than Amerisuites. Not that Amerisuites are bad, just very limited service. I wonder if they have plans for the other Amerisuites in town? The one on NW Expressway (Bell Isle) hasn't even been open but for a short time.

------------------------

BG918
03-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Good, now OKC needs a highrise Grand Hyatt in downtown.

HOT ROD
03-27-2007, 01:39 AM
Nope, just the one Amerisuites at the airport is being converted to Hyatt Place at the moment. The other two will remain Amerisuites.

BG, I agree - we need a Grand Hyatt, or Park Hyatt, or I'd settle for a large convention style Hyatt Regency downtown. By the way, did you all remember the development at the Founders. That guy said Hyatt was one of the hotels that might be coming (along with W and somebody else not currently in OKC).

Personally, I think we need those high end hotels downtown. W, Hyatt (Grand, Park, Regency), we already have Renaissance and Hilton, Omni, Ritz-Carleton (if they'd ever expand to here), Westin (we used to), all of the high end should be downtown somewhere. I think the mid-high should focus on the NW Business District (and if a business district emerges for the southside) as well as the airport district and major suburbs (should have at least one mid-high hotel like Sheraton Midwest City - way to to MWC, beat Edmond and Norman to the mid-high hotel).

Im sure there will be some great announcements to come, hopefully we will continue to see lots of hotels built downtown and in the central area until downtown has at least 3500 hotel rooms of various price/market positions.

bombermwc
03-27-2007, 07:43 AM
The Amerisuites in MWC got converted to a Hawthorne Suites. It was the smaller 4 story version rather than the bigger ones in OKC. So I'm guessing it's just a matter of time before they all change to something.

CMSturgeon
03-28-2007, 06:53 AM
So all Hyatts are exactly like in the movie Almost Famous right? Never been to one.

metro
03-28-2007, 11:15 AM
CMSturgeon, go to Hyatt's website or check out the link posted above. Perhaps that will give you a better idea.

CMSturgeon
03-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Metro, I was referring to all of the celebrities walking around the hotel and all of the groupies following. But, of course, I was kidding.