View Full Version : Gas for 27˘/gallon

PUGalicious
03-22-2007, 10:50 AM
I wish this would happen to me some time...

(KSTP (http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S39370.shtml?cat=206)) Drivers in Coon Rapids got a deal at the pump late Tuesday night, but it was a pain for the gas station owner. A computer glitch at the East River Mart on East River Road allowed premium gas to be sold at 27 cents a gallon, not the posted $2.79 price.

The owner was notified after midnight when Coon Rapids Police officers saw a line forming at the station. Many of the drivers say they heard about the cheap gas on the radio station 93X.

As for other Twin Cities stations, AAA reports a six cent increase Wednesday morning. Gas prices now average $2.50 a gallon for regular.

Tim
03-22-2007, 11:13 AM
I guess there should be some sort of cosmic reward for living in a place called "Coon Rapids".

CMSturgeon
03-22-2007, 03:28 PM
$5 to fill up my car instead of $35 would be pretty awesome.

Angelicfly
03-22-2007, 04:24 PM
one of the kc rock stations USED to do this 98cents thing (98.9 the rock) and it truly Rocked.... that doesnt happen anymore. :(

BaconCheeseburgerDeluxe
03-22-2007, 07:00 PM
A similar thing happened to a friend of mine at 7-11 here in the city. Just before he arrived to get gas, they changed the price of gas in the system. The price was supposed to be $2.67 and the clerk keyed it in as $.267. He was in a hurry so he did not look at the pump when he went in to pay. He purchased a couple of other things and the clerk said “That will be $8.” He said, “Wait, that has to be wrong I filled up and I was on empty.” The clerk realized what happened and shouted at the other clerk to fix it before someone else started pumping gas. The manager of 7-11 let him have the gas at that price for his honesty. Luckily, he was only on in the store purchasing gas at the time. Otherwise, it would have cost that 7-11 a lot of money.

Karried
03-22-2007, 07:20 PM
$35 to fill up my car instead of $65 would be pretty awesome.