View Full Version : Water Problems

Okiekatt
03-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Are other cities in the state having as much problem with their water supply? Ours in Guthrie is so low it smells and taste terrible, of course we just started pumping and supplying another town too.

mranderson
03-21-2007, 10:27 PM
I live near Lake Hefner, and our water tastes like crap. So, we drink bottled water.

Okiekatt
03-22-2007, 07:57 PM
I don't think our water situation is going to improve anytime soon, without the rain and now I hear our city is looking at a $400,000 dollar shortfall.

dirtrider73068
03-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Depends what they are pumping it out of if lake or well could be just sediment they are picking up and not filtering or cleaning out the smell. Norman is not bad, but we also have 30 something wells to pull out of if the lake is low which now its so low its not even under the twin bridges, we need rain very very bad. Another reason for the smell is all the wash off is at the bottom and they could have to lower the intake closer to the bottom so that could be part of it.

Okiekatt
03-23-2007, 04:39 PM
We have three sources for water, Guthrie and Liberty Lake and Cottonwood Creek. DEQ made the city pull it from Guthrie because it was so low and the bottom is covered in copper. The line just broke at Liberty and the smell and taste issue really started when they started to pump the creek. At the heart of the issue is that instead of fixing our problems at the seward plant and broken lines, they decided to take line to Langston and sell them water. Water that we desperately need right now. Some at the city stated that Langston only recieves a small percentage, but at this point and time, anything would help, WELL that's my humble opinion.