View Full Version : Your drink of choice

bandnerd
03-21-2007, 05:53 PM
I think I've posted this before...

But I'm not going to look because my show, America's Next Top Model (hey, before you judge, check out the photography cause it's AWESOME) is about to come on.

So share:

If you could have a drink right now, what would it be? And I mean alcoholic, of course. I'm drowning my sorrows in girly martinis...well, not really, but they make the evening more fun!

So tonight, for me, it's Cosmopolitans. How about you? If you could have any drink, social stigma/cost notwithstanding, what would you have?

onemoreokie
03-21-2007, 05:57 PM
I'll take a Gin and Tonic or maybe Crown and 7! Hell I'll follow that up with a pint of Newcastle. I'm getting thirsty just thinking about it.

dirtrider73068
03-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Well I found something new I like candian club whiskey, good stuff has a slight sweet flavor doesn't really burn but real good mix in coke, if not that its either margarita's or tom collions's

mranderson
03-21-2007, 06:38 PM
During my alcohol days, I liked Cubra Libras.

bandnerd
03-21-2007, 06:44 PM
I've never heard of Cubra Libras? Mind sharing?

onemoreokie
03-21-2007, 06:56 PM
During my alcohol days, I liked Cubra Libras.

For some reason that reminds me of another favorite.

MOJITO'S

bandnerd
03-21-2007, 07:04 PM
Oooooooh Mojitos!

I only recently have tried these...I have a friend in mind when I get to craving one.

Good times.

Karried
03-21-2007, 07:04 PM
bandnerd, I didn't read this post until just now and just clicked on it and I watched Top Model.. I love that show.. can you believe the theme though ( model's killing each other) .. a little morbid but it turned out beautifully much to my surprise ....

Favorite drink.. Peach Bellinis, Kahlua and Creme, Cosmopolitans all come to mind but depends on when and where.. Tropical vacations ...I love foo foo drinks with umbrellas - anything with rum - favorite Dirty Banana, hot summer nights Corona w Lime, fireplace nights chilled White Zinfandel ... I'm not picky.

Easy180
03-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Pretty boring...Either a spicy bloody mary, margarita (rocks) or any of a 100 beers

Favorite beer right now is Boulevard Wheat

bandnerd
03-21-2007, 07:52 PM
I LOVE Boulevard Wheat!

u50254082
03-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Give me a Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout and I'm good to go!

To the couch to sit and watch tv, that is.

:)

Lauri101
03-22-2007, 03:46 AM
I don't drink much because of prescription medicine, but, when I do, rum tends to be my drink of choice. I'm eclectic - from foo-foo drinks to plain old rum and coke. I really like flavored rums - raspberry rum and diet cherry/vanilla coke is a great mix!

For beer - any of the darks are good, especially Sam Adams line of products. We always stock up at Goody-Goody when we go to Dallas - I can't stand the weak beer in OK!

ultimatesooner
03-22-2007, 08:02 AM
Fat Tire

JIMBO
03-22-2007, 08:42 AM
I like beer. It makes me a jolly good fellow

I like beer. It helps me unwind and some times it makes me feel mellow.

Karried
03-22-2007, 08:45 AM
lol... Jimbo, do you like beer?

bandnerd
03-22-2007, 08:46 AM
"Beer, it's liquid bread it's good for you/how bout a drink or two?"

My husband is a fan of Fat Tire. Too bad we can't get it here :(

MadMonk
03-22-2007, 08:48 AM
For liquor, Rum is my spirit of choice, but I also enjoy a nice Maker's Mark whiskey every now and then. Good scotch is always a guilty pleasure as well.

For beer, I've been trying every different kind/brand I can get my hands on. Currently, Chimay (blue label) is my favorite. It's expensive though - about $4/bottle but you can get it in larger bottles for about $10. For less expensive beer I like a Sam Adams Black Lager or a Dos Equis with lime, depending on my mood at the time.

MadMonk
03-22-2007, 08:50 AM
Fat Tire
If you have a contact for getting it here, I'd like to be put in touch with them. :please:

NE Oasis
03-22-2007, 09:40 AM
I've never heard of Cubra Libras? Mind sharing?

Don't get too excited - rum and coke with a generous twist of lime.

Anyhoo, in my drinking prime I was famous (or infamous) for swilling down Sambuca Shakes (vanilla ice cream) or Root Beer Floats. I believe the RBF recipe was Kahlua, coke, hearty dose of milk, and a splash of grenadine. First one, tastes just like a root beer float. Number two, tastes just like a root beer float. Never got past the second sip of the third.........

Karried
03-22-2007, 09:52 AM
NE oasis, I just gained 10 lbs fantasizing about your drink.. sounds heavenly ... 'drinking' ice cream without tasting the alcohol.. lol that's my kind of drink.

Angelicfly
03-22-2007, 10:08 AM
Raised by a German I tend to drink a lot of beer.... as a product of the area I grew up in I drink Boulevard Wheat like no other. I tend to grab Warsteiners if I'm at the liquor store.

One that ALWAYS sounds good: Long Island Ice Tea :P

ultimatesooner
03-22-2007, 10:14 AM
If you have a contact for getting it here, I'd like to be put in touch with them. :please:

I usually pick some up when I go to TX - watch expiration dates when using this method and put it on ice in an ice chest for the ride home

I also have a cousin who lives in Denver and when her and her husband drive down once or twice a year, I have them bring me some

dismayed
03-22-2007, 05:01 PM
I like Grey Goose Vodka and Tonic with lime.

Bandnerd, I looked up Cubra Libra and it sounds like a rum and Coke to me.

PUGalicious
03-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Margaritas, Long Island Iced Teas and Long Beach Iced Teas

mranderson
03-22-2007, 05:10 PM

Score one for mranderson.!:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

PUGalicious
03-22-2007, 05:11 PM
How pathetic is it that someone resorts to bowing to themselves....

CMSturgeon
03-22-2007, 05:15 PM

Is that the same thing as Chupacabra? lol.

El chupacabra online www.elchupacabra.com home of the mysterious chupacabra unexplained creature (http://www.elchupacabra.com/)

I went through a Rolling Rock ONLY phase but now I'm burnt out. Bud Light has been surprisingly thirst quenching lately but I'm not really a big time beer lover. I'm burnt out on liquor as well. I like that real classy box wine.

TomGirl
03-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Sweet favorite: Amaretto Sour
Favorite Shot: Buttery Nipple
Favorite Beer: Anything Mexican or Miller Light if no other available.
Favorite Relax Drink: Jim Beam & 7 (with extra lime) or Captain Morgan & 7 (with extra lime).

okcpulse
03-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Top beer of choice is Molson Ice... period. Can't get it in the Houston area though, so I always pick up a case while in OKC. My favorite shot is called Sex with an Alligator... good stuff. Not sure what's in it, but peppermint schnops is one of the mixes. Favorite wine is white zinfandel. Favorite mixed drink is margarita with Puerto Rican rum lime flavored.

aintaokie
03-22-2007, 06:36 PM
I don't drink very much anymore but...Baileys Irish Cream on the rocks, just about any draft beer with my BBQ, and a little Crown and 7.

bandnerd
03-22-2007, 06:46 PM
So we're keeping score now?

Sam Adams Black Lager--GOOD STUFF! Nice to have just sittin' around the house.

Amaretto Sours are good, too, CM. Glad to know someone else likes those candy-tasting drinks once in awhile ;) Those things were what got me over the "ew it all tastes like alcohol" hump when I was 21!

Lauri101
03-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Don Pablo's has the most fantastic margarita called the Silver Patron (with a tilde over the o)
I sucked one of those puppies down for my birthday last week...mmmm...mmm...

Karried
03-22-2007, 10:57 PM
btw Lauri, sorry I missed your birthday..

Happy Belated Birthday!

Lauri101
03-23-2007, 05:21 AM
Thanks, Karrie - just the 17th anniversary of my 35th birthday!