View Full Version : Guthrie, can I get a Bird call, Whoop Whoop, Blue Jays

Okiekatt
03-20-2007, 04:20 PM
We can start where we left off.

Who do think will be a better Mayor?

Volunteer Firefighters in the City to cut cost, good idea?

Should the New City Manager Clean House?

Is anyone legally responsible for the budget mess the city is in, even though they may not longer be employed by the city?

Is Main street Gone FOREVER?

NEW ONE: HAVE you seen all the trash behind the new Pizza Hut and Braums, it is scattered all over that field, it is a disgrace, and a lovely view for people to see who visit us off the highway and eat at Pizzahut. Is that city's responsibility to clean that area?? Just wondering.

:welcome55

CMSturgeon
03-20-2007, 05:49 PM
I did a photo shoot in down town Guthrie about a year ago or so and was really impressed with the scenery. It was the first time I had been down into the Main part of the city. I think it's a good city with a lot of growth potential if things go right w/ the city government. Especially if they continue to build on the theme that your historic main street carries.

Marko
03-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Hey Katt, Hey CMSturgeon, nice to see the moderators of this forum have granted our request and added a Guthrie forum, THANKS!:tiphat:

Okiekatt
03-20-2007, 11:56 PM
Guthrie is beautiful, it's easy to become jaded when you see it everyday. Once in a while I'll stop and look at a building and quietly say "wow" to myself.

Infrastructure is a problem and for so long, a handful of people in wealthy families ran the town and progress was rarely allowed. But things have changed, businesses are popping up, new homes and new apartments. Guthrie is recovering from some bad investment deals the city made and the community has lost some trust in our officials. The battle has just begun and unfortunately every week it seems a new shoe will drop.

Trust me on this one, everyone who speaks up in behalf of Guthrie, only wants :boxing2: the best for our town.

oSutrooper
03-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Glad to see the people from over there over here.....I was a lurker over there just never logged on being a former employee of the city of Guthrie had my reasons for not logging on.....:welcome55 :tiphat:

fireman29b
06-24-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm not for taking another union brother's job.....but volunteers on GFD would really alleviate some of the manpower issues they have....

Even some part time help (mainly for EMS stuff) would help too!
I know a handful of guys that would leave Oak Cliff to volunteer there!

Marko
06-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Hmmm, I am very surprized by that! I thought all of you folks in Oak Cliff wanted to be considered "Edmond people" ?

BTW, they do have some serious manpower issues, if the people in South Logan County who are in the G.F.D. district knew...well...