View Full Version : Proper naming of new breed.

Tim
03-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Here's my dilemma; we just adopted a pup from the Edmond shelter. She is a one-year-old Chihuahua and Jack Russell terrier mixed breed. My wife insists the new breed should be named "Chi-Russ" (pronounced "cheer-us") whilst I maintain my position that "Juan Russell" is funnier. Any thoughts?

bandnerd
03-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Jack Ruhuahua. (pronounced Ru-wah wah)

Tim
03-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Jack Ruhuahua. (pronounced Ru-wah wah)

Ok, it's a start...

Angelicfly
03-20-2007, 02:14 PM
How cute!

I was so very close to adopting a lil girl that was part schnauzer and chihuahua which are the two types of dogs we had.

Russellhuahua <--- It looks Russian! ;) j/k I have NO idea what that is.

Keep at it! :D

NE Oasis
03-20-2007, 02:22 PM
a one-year-old Chihuahua and Jack Russell terrier

sounds like a Chirrier to me

Tim
03-20-2007, 02:46 PM
sounds like a Chirrier to me

Laaaydeeeess and gentlemen, I think we have a winnah!:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

windowphobe
03-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Let me know when you cross a Bulldog and a Shih Tzu.

PUGalicious
03-20-2007, 05:26 PM
That's funny....

The Chirrier sounds like it might be a very hyper, yapper breed! Phew!

CMSturgeon
03-20-2007, 05:52 PM
I agree with Chirrier, sounds great. It is so annoying to me when I have to explain to people what my dog is. Luckily I dont because it's a shih tzu but my friends have a mix of like.....yorkie, chihauhau, and shih tzu and they're always having to go into this long story. It's unfortunate.

Deni
03-20-2007, 07:56 PM

Bull-shih (t)

Tim
03-21-2007, 05:17 AM
That's funny....

The Chirrier sounds like it might be a very hyper, yapper breed! Phew!
Actually, she's pretty mellow. Likes to play, but realllly knows how to relax!

PUGalicious
03-21-2007, 05:26 AM
You need to share some picks of her. It sounds like a fascinating mix.

NE Oasis
03-21-2007, 10:47 AM

I already on a Lhasa-****z!!!

Tim
03-21-2007, 10:56 AM
You need to share some picks of her. It sounds like a fascinating mix.

Will do. Camera broken, must pay platinum dues for OKC Talk, no money for camera.

PUGalicious
03-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Well... have someone else take the picture

Tim
03-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Well... have someone else take the picture

OOOOhhhh...Mr Superior-smarty-smart-pug-man! That's a really good idea.

PUGalicious
03-21-2007, 11:13 AM
Hey... I'm not just another pretty face!

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/sam-park2.jpg

Tim
03-21-2007, 11:16 AM
That is a gorgeous pug! What's his name?

PUGalicious
03-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Sam, or more properly Samuel Elijah Nicholas

Angelicfly
03-21-2007, 12:51 PM
How cute! I've always loved Pugs! Almost had my mom convinced on getting one a couple of years ago. Now that Midnite and I are out of the house I hope she adopts a doggie.... she needs another "kid" lol.

btw, I have this fancy expensive camera that I'm still paying for but my computer had MAJOR problems when I moved... my bf had to replace some hardware so now I'm up and running but I lost all of my cool photo editing programs :( Lost a lot of my music too... all I have is what I kept on my iPod.

So I prolly won't post pics for a while until I at least have photoshop or something! I am not liking this Microsoft Photo Editor (bah).

Tim
03-21-2007, 01:08 PM
I'll trade you a bicycle for your camera!

Angelicfly
03-21-2007, 01:21 PM
I'll trade you a bicycle for your camera!

How about a car?

I mean, I love mine but I could use the extra money to finally get my body kit on and the re-paint done :D

Frank is a Canon Digital Rebel XT with Steve's lens (Steve's a Rebel X... from my high school yearbook years). Frank was around $800.

I give my electronics names since they're so expensive. Helps ease the pain when paying for them.

Tim
03-21-2007, 01:35 PM
How about a car?

I mean, I love mine but I could use the extra money to finally get my body kit on and the re-paint done :D

Frank is a Canon Digital Rebel XT with Steve's lens (Steve's a Rebel X... from my high school yearbook years). Frank was around $800.

I give my electronics names since they're so expensive. Helps ease the pain when paying for them.

Cars are for sissies. A bike will get you anywhere you want to go, put a smile on your face and over time will give you amazing legs and a funny tan!

Angelicfly
03-21-2007, 01:50 PM
Cars are for sissies. A bike will get you anywhere you want to go, put a smile on your face and over time will give you amazing legs and a funny tan!

Haha!

I kinda have a farmers tan. I like being on my dad's farm during the summer-- its relaxing and the only reason I even saw sun last year.

A good friend of mine is really big-time into bicycling. She Rocks. She's the same age as my mum but one of my closest friends. Kinda like an Aunt I guess :) I just have total respect for those that do that. I tried a couple rounds with her and I absolutely couldn't keep up. (I'm outta shape, haha).

I could use amazing legs tho, lol.

RussBraaten
03-24-2007, 04:45 PM
I have a Lhasa-Poo