View Full Version : Crime notification web site

mranderson
11-09-2004, 03:14 PM
I heard a report on KFOR last night about a website called citizen observer.com

What they do is notify people if a crime is going down in their neighborhood. They also help with "amber alerts" and other types of events... And this service is free to the public.

The only thing is the police department in the city inwhich you reside must be registered. So far only Del City is registered in the metro.

I wanted to mention this as an advance notice or if you live in Del City. This may be a really good service.

By the way. The notice can be by e-mail, pager or cellular phone. Not a bad deal.

Keith
11-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Yeah, I heard something about it on the news last night. I only caught bits and pieces of the report, so, mranderson, I appreciate you letting me know the rest of the story. Now, if OKC will get on the boat and get the same thing.

Patrick
11-09-2004, 09:37 PM
You know mranderson, this reminds me of a discussion we had a few years back. I still think we need to have an automatic calling system in this city that calls people and gives them a recorded message when an alert is issued, i.e., a tornado warning, Amber alert, etc. Anything what would prompt the Emergency Broadcasting System.

mranderson
11-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Actually, I think I heard Oklahoma City is investigating that same system.

I was doing something at the same time the news was on, and did not pay close attention.