View Full Version : Midtown

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

CuatrodeMayo
01-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Midtown Village LLC just purchased the building and parking lot on the NE corner of Park Place & Walker.

Leonard Sullivan Oklahoma County Assessor Real Property Detail Sheet (http://www.oklahomacounty.org/assessor/Searches/AN-R.asp?ACCOUNTNO=R041251095)

http://www.oklahomacounty.org/assessor/Searches/sketches/picfile/2710/R041251095001sA.jpg

Pete
01-14-2013, 04:13 PM
That transaction was in January of 2012. :)

Midtown Village LLC is headed by R.D. Smith who is on the Midtown board.

CuatrodeMayo
01-14-2013, 04:30 PM

My bad. Not used to it being 2013 yet.

xx

BoulderSooner
01-14-2013, 06:15 PM

And unless I am mistaken that was a corsair property before co owned by RD smith. So just an internal transfer

wsucougz
01-15-2013, 09:19 PM
National Register Nomination for 231 NW 10.

http://www.okc.gov/planning/planning_library/historical_pres/MagerMortgage.pdf

Pete
02-08-2013, 02:59 PM
We're hearing that the McNellie's people are very close to announcing a deal to open the Fassler Hall (http://www.fasslerhall.com/) concept in Midtown.

They will be leasing space in a larger development, but the exact location and property owner are not clear.

Will be an absolutely fantastic addition to that area and hopefully we'll find out more details soon.

dankrutka
02-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Awesome! Fassler is a great, and much needed, addition to Midtown!

Teo9969
02-09-2013, 12:26 PM
What are the possibilities? Seems like the only "larger developments" that could house that concept are Edge, Plaza Court, Guardian, Osler, 1212, Something yet to be announced. None of those seem like likely candidates save for maybe an unannounced project. I could maybe see the Guardian.

Wherever it ends up, I'm super excited!

Pete
02-10-2013, 09:24 AM
I'm told Fassler Hall will be going into a development that is just now seeking tax credits.

So, it sounds like something not previously announced.

Teo9969
02-10-2013, 11:08 AM
I'm told Fassler Hall will be going into a development that is just now seeking tax credits.

That seems odd that they're close to making an announcement when a larger development sounds like it could still fall through (or at least be downsized in scope.)

Say that deal doesn't come to fruition, is there any possibility they still might convert the old building on the NW corner of 10th/Hudson?

metro
02-10-2013, 03:29 PM
My bet would be Packard or Guardian.

Pete
02-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Neither has enough space.

It could be one of the two MidtownR buildings at 10th & Broadway.

CuatrodeMayo
02-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Midtown Village LLC just purchased the building and parking lot on the NE corner of Park Place & Walker.

Leonard Sullivan Oklahoma County Assessor Real Property Detail Sheet (http://www.oklahomacounty.org/assessor/Searches/AN-R.asp?ACCOUNTNO=R041251095)

http://www.oklahomacounty.org/assessor/Searches/sketches/picfile/2710/R041251095001sA.jpg

Sold to Midtown Park & Walker LLC for $1.25M.

(this is what I was hinting at above)

HangryHippo
02-10-2013, 06:38 PM
That seems odd that they're close to making an announcement when a larger development sounds like it could still fall through (or at least be downsized in scope.)

Say that deal doesn't come to fruition, is there any possibility they still might convert the old building on the NW corner of 10th/Hudson?

Forgive me, but what larger development possibly falling through are you talking about?

Teo9969
02-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Forgive me, but what larger development possibly falling through are you talking about?

I'm going off of what Pete has alluded to:

We're hearing that the McNellie's people are very close to announcing a deal to open the Fassler Hall concept in Midtown.

They will be leasing space in a larger development, but the exact location and property owner are not clear.

and then

Being that this larger development may not be announced (esp. if they're just now seeking tax credits), I would always assume there is a chance something could fall through.

It just doesn't seem like there's a good development already under construction or completed that would jive well with this concept, so that's where I'm thinking this idea of something unannounced makes more sense.

Pete
02-11-2013, 07:39 AM

Interesting.

That LLC is headed by Randall K. Calvert, an OKC attorney. But of course, he may just be a front for another entity.

metro
02-11-2013, 09:37 AM

Didn't know that architecture firm sold out. Yeah then my guess would change to this location based on this new knowledge. That would be a higher and better use than the offices currently there. Now if we can just get Browns Bakery to clean up their act and clean up and lease their south wing that is unused, this intersection would be hoppin, now all we need is a midrise residential/hotel on 10th between Walker and Hudson in that grass field owned by St. Anthony's.

BoulderSooner
02-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Didn't know that architecture firm sold out. Yeah then my guess would change to this location based on this new knowledge. That would be a higher and better use than the offices currently there. Now if we can just get Browns Bakery to clean up their act and clean up and lease their south wing that is unused, this intersection would be hoppin, now all we need is a midrise residential/hotel on 10th between Walker and Hudson in that grass field owned by St. Anthony's.

don't think the architecture firm owned the building

Buffalo Bill
02-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Speaking of cleanup, there was an excavator pulling up portions of the old building slab, NE corner of 10th and Hudson.

Pete
02-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Speaking of cleanup, there was an excavator pulling up portions of the old building slab, NE corner of 10th and Hudson.

Oops, for a minute I thought you meant the NW corner; a building that has been for sale for a while.

The NE corner is the one owned by the Medical Corridor group and originally to be sold to Valir, who then didn't perform.

metro
02-11-2013, 01:09 PM
don't think the architecture firm owned the building

ok, but not my point

CuatrodeMayo
02-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Interesting.

That LLC is headed by Randall K. Calvert, an OKC attorney. But of course, he may just be a front for another entity.

I'm fairly certain Midtown Renaissance is the buyer.

Didn't know that architecture firm sold out.

Studio Architecture currently leases space in the building, however a move is eminent.

HangryHippo
02-15-2013, 11:34 AM
This may not be the appropriate thread for this, but I was recently visiting a friend in Indiana and we visited the Carmel City Center (http://www.carmelcitycenter.com/) in Carmel, Indiana. My question is why can't OKC develop something like this? I don't want this post to be considered inflammatory as I'm asking what I believe to be a very legitimate question. I think the ideal site for this could have existed in Lower Bricktown at one point, but that won't happen now. However, what if the co-op east of the core-to shore area were available? Anyway, this is a wonderful development and I think it would be an absolute smash hit in OKC. What do you guys think? Where could it go? I just think it's design is fantastic and was really intrigued by it.

HangryHippo
02-15-2013, 11:41 AM
Disclaimer: I don't intend for this post to be considered inflammatory or anything other than a legitimate question regarding a development I'd like to see in OKC.

I was visiting a friend in Indiana recently and we decided to visit the Carmel City Center (http://www.carmelcitycenter.com/) in Carmel, Indiana. What an amazing development. This is something I would absolutely love to see in OKC. I'm posting it here because Midtown seems to have a fair bit of space still open. I think it could have worked well in Lower Bricktown before the space was monopolized, but what about if the land that the co-op east of Core to Shore sits on became available? I just couldn't believe how nice it was. I have no doubt it was expensive to build, but I think it would be a smash hit here and this is a project I'd really like to see copied. What do you guys think? For a modern day retail and residential development built from scratch, I thought it was very nice.

Here is a picture:

OKCisOK4me
02-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Kinda reminds me of the proposal for the project that was to be due east of the ballpark and due south of the Coca Cola Events Center. At least it would have been very similar from what I remember of it.

metro
02-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Not sure what this has to do with Midtown, other than I'd like to see a development like that on the old Red Cross site.

HangryHippo
02-15-2013, 12:30 PM
Not sure what this has to do with Midtown, other than I'd like to see a development like that on the old Red Cross site.

I chose this thread because Midtown seems to have a fair bit of space that could potentially accommodate something like this. But in light of some other ongoing discussions about quality and pride and such, this is a development that matched what I would like to see in terms of quality of design and care taken.

OKCisOK4me
02-15-2013, 12:40 PM
I chose this thread because Midtown seems to have a fair bit of space that could potentially accommodate something like this. But in light of some other ongoing discussions about quality and pride and such, this is a development that matched what I would like to see in terms of quality of design and care taken.

I think a development like this would be too goofy for the pride of Midtown and it would be better suited as a riverfront development.

HangryHippo
02-15-2013, 12:55 PM
I think a development like this would be too goofy for the pride of Midtown and it would be better suited as a riverfront development.

Ah, I hadn't thought of that, but that actually is brilliant. Perhaps in something like the Humphrey's waterfront project?

OKCisOK4me
02-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Ah, I hadn't thought of that, but that actually is brilliant. Perhaps in something like the Humphrey's waterfront project?

Either that or the river front properties between the southern end of the park and Walker on the north shore. A pedestrian bridge with somewhere to go, a real anchor. Just because that area is envisioned with two residential mid rises doesn't mean something like this could go in that spot as well.

PhiAlpha
03-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Any chance that fassler hall concept might include that old fire house on Hudson? Seems like a cool location with a huge patio opportunity in the back.

Pete
03-08-2013, 06:08 PM
In Steve's chat today someone mentioned the rumored Midtown Fassler Hall will also include some bowling lanes.

Don't know the location, but keep hearing "within a few blocks of McNellies".

PhiAlpha
03-08-2013, 09:04 PM
The fire house is a few blocks from mcnellies and could probably accommodate a bowling alley in the garage portion. Of course that old garage next to it on the NW corner of Hudson and 10th probably could as well.

Urbanized
03-09-2013, 09:23 AM
I was at Fassler Hall a few weeks ago and asked the bartender about an OKC location. The bartender told me it was a certainty & would be a combined Fassler Hall AND Dust Bowl (http://www.dustbowltulsa.com/).

I've not been to Dust Bowl, but it's in a storefront that's not that big, so apparently won't require huge space (edit: according to Dust Bowl website it's 8,000 square feet, so, bigger than I expected). The Tulsa Fassler Hall seems a bit undersized to me though, and I would hope the OKC location is a little larger. The overhead door is important to the design.

The two buildings that make the most sense to me in Midtown off the top of my head are on the SE corner of 8th and Walker (Smith Brothers-owned I think), and the old tire shop on the NW corner of 10th and Hudson (I've previously heard rumors about his being the intended location). The space next to Brown's could perhaps work, but would require more exterior alteration I think.

Either of the first two would lend themselves easily and make GREAT locations. Off the top of my head I can't think of too many others in the immediate vicinity that would be the right fit for those two places, combined.

Urbanized
03-09-2013, 09:25 AM
The fire house is a few blocks from mcnellies and could probably accommodate a bowling alley in the garage portion. Of course that old garage next to it on the NW corner of Hudson and 10th probably could as well.
I think you underestimate the length of bowling lanes. I've been in the old firehouse, and no way it works for either.

catch22
03-09-2013, 09:43 AM
I believe the old firehouse is a fitclub? Or in the process of becoming one.

PhiAlpha
03-09-2013, 04:44 PM
I guess so.

Teo9969
03-10-2013, 01:01 AM
The two buildings that make the most sense to me in Midtown off the top of my head are on the SE corner of 8th and Walker (Smith Brothers-owned I think), and the old tire shop on the NW corner of 10th and Hudson (I've previously heard rumors about his being the intended location). The space next to Brown's could perhaps work, but would require more exterior alteration I think.

Either of the first two would lend themselves easily and make GREAT locations. Off the top of my head I can't think of too many others in the immediate vicinity that would be the right fit for those two places, combined.

I think Pete said earlier that Fassler (and I guess Dust Bowl as well) will be leasing space in a larger development...a development just now seeking tax credits.

Somehow I don't see either of those places fitting in that paradigm (not that everything Pete hears is going to be 100% accurate, but there's almost always quite a bit of truth at the least).

I keep thinking it will be in a new development by M-R on the huge plots they own on the NE block of 10th/Hudson.

ThomPaine
03-10-2013, 04:56 PM
I think Pete said earlier that Fassler (and I guess Dust Bowl as well) will be leasing space in a larger development...a development just now seeking tax credits.

Somehow I don't see either of those places fitting in that paradigm (not that everything Pete hears is going to be 100% accurate, but there's almost always quite a bit of truth at the least).

I keep thinking it will be in a new development by M-R on the huge plots they own on the NE block of 10th/Hudson.

Not sure where they will go, but regardless, they will be a great addition. I've been in a few of their establishments, and all are managed well.

edcrunk
03-10-2013, 06:31 PM
I believe the old firehouse is a fitclub? Or in the process of becoming one. Somebody lives in it.

metro
03-11-2013, 11:47 AM
yeah, pretty sure the firehouse just became a private residence. My money is on 10th and Hudson.

Pete
03-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Perhaps the structure at 10th & Hudson will be expanded to included both concepts??

Very excited to see this happen... Will make Midtown a great bar-hopping location overnight.

wsucougz
03-11-2013, 03:07 PM
If only there were an existing old building at 10th and Hudson in that size range...

metro
03-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Isn't the building at 10th and Hudson (NW corner) already big enough. It's a huge warehouse essentially.

Skyline
03-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Is Brown's bakery big enough?

metro
03-12-2013, 11:34 AM
I doubt that piece is at play right now. We're about to hit critical mass though, making the Browns Bakery annex more appealing and hopefully the market demand will force them not to be slumlords.

Pete
03-12-2013, 11:56 AM
The Midtown Renaissance group now owns just about everything around Brown's.

The bakery building (old supermarket) is about 5,600 square feet and the annex is another 6,000.

The old warehouse on the NW corner of 10th & Hudson (also surrounded by MidtownR properties) is just over 10,000 sq. ft.

metro
03-14-2013, 08:19 AM
Saw staff training going on last night in the Packards New American Kitchen Space, we're getting close!

PhiAlpha
03-14-2013, 08:27 AM
Saw staff training going on last night in the Packards New American Kitchen Space, we're getting close!

The soft opening should be within the next week or two. They are looking at the first week of April for the grand opening.

HangryHippo
03-22-2013, 07:17 AM
I find it unfathomable that we tore down that building for Century Center. My god, what a mistake that was.

CurtisJ
03-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Just received a request from MidtownR to attend an OCURA meeting regarding Midtown's urban renewal plan:

Midtown Oklahoma City is a dynamic area with
great potential for economic growth. The current
urban renewal plan for Midtown was last updated
in the 1990's. Join OCURA for the first-ever public
meeting to discuss goals and objectives of a new
Midtown Urban Renewal Plan. Public input will
ensure the updated plan reflects current Midtown
development and helps identify opportunities to
spur new development

When: Tuesday, April 2 5:30-6:30 PM
Where: The Sieber Lobby

I thought I would post it here in case anyone was interested. I will not be attending as I now live about 500 miles away, why I am still on MidtownR's tenant mailing list, I do not know.

CuatrodeMayo
03-26-2013, 08:07 AM
In Steve's chat today someone mentioned the rumored Midtown Fassler Hall will also include some bowling lanes.

Don't know the location, but keep hearing "within a few blocks of McNellies". Just found out this will be a new building on the land between Browns and the firehouse, between 10th & Park. I don't really know specifics beyond that.

Also, this: http://www.bizapedia.com/ok/DUST-BOWL-FASSLER-MIDTOWN-OKC-LLC.html

HangryHippo
03-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Since they won't be using the building that currently sits on the NW corner of 10th and Hudson, I wonder if they're going to tear it down for the new building. I'm still curious about their plans for the lot right to the east of this block...

CurtisJ
03-26-2013, 04:59 PM
Revel 8 Salon and spa (Packard building) will be open this Saturday, with Packard New American Kitchen, does that finish out the Packard building?

Pete
03-26-2013, 05:22 PM
The Revel 8 space will be at the far west end of the 10th Street frontage and then I believe Packard's will take everything east of there to the corner. There may still be some ground floor space facing the alley-come-courtyard on the north side.

Packard's is having a sneak peak benefit this Friday for Better Block OKC:

https://www.facebook.com/events/149854528514783/

Urbanized
03-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Some folks might have even gotten a sneak peek tonight.

metro
03-26-2013, 10:14 PM
Pret sure the salon has been open for a few weeks at least it's appeared that way.

dankrutka
03-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Just found out this will be a new building on the land between Browns and the firehouse, between 10th & Park. I don't really know specifics beyond that.

Also, this: Dust Bowl-Fassler Midtown Okc, LLC - Oklahoma Company Profile (People Search and Company Search) (http://www.bizapedia.com/ok/DUST-BOWL-FASSLER-MIDTOWN-OKC-LLC.html)

Well, this will be huge for Midtown. The Dust Bowl/Fassler concepts are exactly what this area needs. It will provide a lot of life and add to the synergy that's already there...

Praedura
04-02-2013, 01:25 PM
A reminder for those interested in attending:

http://ocura-ok.org/sites/default/files/files/images/OCURA%20Sign.jpg (http://ocura-ok.org/midtown)

Pete
04-03-2013, 09:44 AM
From the MidtownR Facebook page:

We are happy to announce that Beyond Yoga will be offering classes on the 10 Roof at Packard from 6-7 and 9-10:15 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings beginning April 15th. Get over there and give yourself some well deserved relaxation! Tenants of Midtown Renaissance will receive a discount on the price of the class. Look for evening classes to be added later this spring in the Park Plaza between Guardian and Packard as well!