View Full Version : Okc makes the List.

okclee
03-15-2007, 08:53 PM
I am glad to see Okc on a list like this. It looks like some good information if you were from out of town and were wanting to check and see what Okc has to offer. I would like to see Okc on the Msn CitySearch list too, maybe someday.

Oklahoma City - Guide to the Oklahoma City Metropolitan Area (http://okc.about.com/)

Do you think you know Okc??

Take the Quiz.
The Oklahoma City Quiz (http://okc.about.com/library/blokcquiz.htm)

oumoodman85
03-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Nice, I am a "Master of the Metro"

metro
03-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Me too, only I noticed a flaw in their quiz. Question #12 asked about the former name of the Oklahoma Redhawks, one of the options, the "correct" one was Oklahoma 89ers when in fact it should be the Oklahoma City 89ers. The "city" was dropped when they went to Redhawks. Not a big deal but a lot of their questions including that one was a trick question and had some options as Oklahoma and some as Oklahoma City.

HOT ROD
03-16-2007, 01:07 PM
^^^ Oklahoma City IS on CitySearch.

Oklahoma City City Guide - Recommendations and Reviews by Citysearch (http://oklahomacity.citysearch.com/)

okclee
03-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Hot Rod

Yes I am aware that Citysearch does list Okc, however it is very very generic. I mean click on the Bar Scene and see what you get (Chili's and Hooters). Take a look at Nightclubs it shows that we have two clubs in the 21 and over category. It is a joke that Citysearch has Okc listed.

I would like to see them list Okc as one of the main Cities and I have emailed them of this more that once, with no response.

Doug Loudenback
03-17-2007, 05:23 AM
Well, I have trouble with #6 - OSU is actually closest to downtown, given its campus on Portland. So, imo, the correct answer is OSU, not OU. But, you could also say that OU was closest to downtown, given its campus in the medical complex. But, "Norman" is not correct, in any event, as the question was defined.

metro
03-17-2007, 09:30 AM
I understand your point Doug, but I'm sure it would have had an OSU-OKC option. OSU is in Stillwater. If you wanted to get technical like that, either way OU wins. OU has classes in downtown OKC and the Health Science Center just east of downtown a mile.

mranderson
03-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Well, I have trouble with #6 - OSU is actually closest to downtown, given its campus on Portland. So, imo, the correct answer is OSU, not OU. But, you could also say that OU was closest to downtown, given its campus in the medical complex. But, "Norman" is not correct, in any event, as the question was defined.

Actually, the correct answer was not even on the list. OCU. About five miles.

metro
03-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Actually mranderson, that is not the correct answer, it wasn't an option. It was asking which university OUT OF THE ONES LISTED (didn't list every freaking secondary education institute in the metro or state).

mranderson
03-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Actually mranderson, that is not the correct answer, it wasn't an option. It was asking which university OUT OF THE ONES LISTED (didn't list every freaking secondary education institute in the metro or state).

The fact it was not on the list is my point.

bombermwc
03-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Apparently the questions change because I didn't have any of the questions you guys have problems with.

OKC Guide
03-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Me too, only I noticed a flaw in their quiz. Question #12 asked about the former name of the Oklahoma Redhawks, one of the options, the "correct" one was Oklahoma 89ers when in fact it should be the Oklahoma City 89ers. The "city" was dropped when they went to Redhawks. Not a big deal but a lot of their questions including that one was a trick question and had some options as Oklahoma and some as Oklahoma City.

Good catch... I'll make the change. :congrats:

Actually, the Quiz questions haven't changed since I wrote it originally about a year ago. I've had many people e-mail me about the college question, but metro is right. It's about the closest of those listed. It was a delicate balance to create one somewhat challenging but also fun. I will undoubtedly create more quizzes in the future, though, and I hope you guys stop in to take them.

I've been a lurker around here the past couple of months. Love to stop in from time to time and check out the conversations. You guys have a nice place here.

jbrown84
03-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Glad to see some good stuff on About.com for OKC. Keep up the good work.