View Full Version : Sushi

Turanacus
03-15-2007, 05:07 PM
is RAW in bricktown still open?

metro
03-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Last time I looked it was. I figured it would have done well during the Big 12.

Turanacus
06-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Finally went inside this place, it's definitely not Big City Sushi, I wouldn't bring any of my friends or family from out of town, it would be embarrassing. It's missing the ubber modern, trendy atmosphere that adorns most big time sushi joints.

Turanacus
08-06-2007, 10:54 AM
After 3 visits that were all consistently good, I can recommend Saii on May near 69th Street. This place has great sushi that offers something different from Tokyo. The New Orleans roll is great ! ! ! No Miso soup, only downfall.

CCOKC
08-06-2007, 10:05 PM
What side of May? Oh, and does anyone know where to get Mongolian BBQ in town. My kids got hooked when they lived in Boise.

okclee
08-07-2007, 01:01 AM
There is a Mongolian BBQ located on the corner of Meridian and SW 15th. I can not think of the name, but I have been there many times with family.

It is a buffet sytle chinese, vietnamese, and mongolian BBQ. Go through the line pick out all of the meats and veggies that you like and give your plate to the Mongolian Chef to cook it for you.

I would say everything there is good , the food seems fresh and the buffet is clean. Less then $10 dollars for all you can eat.

There is the non-fish sushi there too.

CCOKC
08-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Thanks for that. My daughter says Yay

Turanacus
05-13-2008, 10:12 AM
is there a sushi place going in close to 1492?

FritterGirl
05-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Yes. Gaijin. Same folks who opened up in the Park Harvey.

sooners83
05-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Is Mr. Sushi in Edmond any good?

FritterGirl
05-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Is Mr. Sushi in Edmond any good?

Not bad for take out Sushi, or super casual dine-in. If you want a more elegant dining experience, you're better off somewhere else. Sushi's not "the best," but it's not terrible, either.

jbkrems
05-23-2008, 10:30 AM
"In the Raw," from Tulsa, will open on Memorial Road in a few months.

lpecan
05-23-2008, 12:02 PM
"In the Raw," from Tulsa, will open on Memorial Road in a few months.

and above redpin, too... right?

redcup
05-23-2008, 09:41 PM
My family and I went to a restaurant on N. May in the shopping center across from Ted's Escondido called Saii. I have to say the food was very good. My daughter has the sushi and said it was very very good. I had the pad thai with shrimp and was very impressed. A bit pricey, but not too bad overall. Good service and atmosphere. I would recommend it as a place to try. It had a very extensive sushi menu.

Turanacus
05-27-2008, 09:30 AM
is ITR supposed to open in the Centennial? that would be very cool. ITR salad is the best, both the 61st and Sheridan location and Brookside location have been very good consistently for me.

Dave Cook
05-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Are there currently any plans for a REAL Japanese restaurant to open in the metro....not a themed restaurant with Vietnamese guys throwing around kitchen knives?

Turanacus
06-06-2008, 02:16 PM
is ITR coming to OKC ?

and

Saii's stock is falling rapidly, i no longer can recommend it.

bombermwc
06-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Now some of you might be a little scared of the place cause it's not fancy at all. But I really like Little Tokyo on Western. It's cheaper than Sushi Neeko and I like their Miso WAYYYY better. It's more like a mom & pop feel, but everything tastes great. It's not all themed up or modern or whatever, just a good little sushi house.

Turanacus
06-06-2008, 02:36 PM
who in okc is better than tokyo, it's top shelf.

redcup
06-06-2008, 02:51 PM
is ITR coming to OKC ?

and

Saii's stock is falling rapidly, i no longer can recommend it.

What happened??

:sofa:

Turanacus
06-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Saii:

service has gotten significantly worse each time we go, we have given them literally 5 chances since we started to notice the regression, partly because the place is so close to the house and party because we really like Fin/owner. Wednesday night we waited forever for our food, the restaurant was primarily empty, the order came out wrong and two people's food was forgotten completely, it is just creating more headaches than it's worth. Not to mention our tabs average $60 for just the girl and I so we pay for what should be a good experience.

John
06-06-2008, 04:21 PM
is ITR coming to OKC ?

Yes.

Bricktown & Campus Corner

Dave Cook
06-06-2008, 05:45 PM
One great thing about the Tokyo restaurant is you actually can find real life, Nihongo speakin ex-pats in there. That should tell ya something.

I don't think I've ever seen a Japanese inside Musashi's or Neko. Just the popped collar crowd looking for the next Look@OKC shot.

istilldon'tgetit
06-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Saii can be tricky, especially the service, but the food and atmosphere are terrific and at least somebody is trying to do something cool in OKC.
That being said, Tokyo Sushi house is hands down the best (only?) authentic japanese style sushi in the metro.

Turanacus
06-11-2008, 12:16 PM
the atmosphere is definitely top-notch @ Saii, i concur. Especially when compared to a place like Gaijin.

foy0613
07-24-2008, 07:26 PM
One great thing about the Tokyo restaurant is you actually can find real life, Nihongo speakin ex-pats in there. That should tell ya something.

I don't think I've ever seen a Japanese inside Musashi's or Neko. Just the popped collar crowd looking for the next Look@OKC shot.

haha. That is so true. I live within walking distance of Neko and we drive to Tokyo. Neko is so funny. I feel like we are such an inconvenience every time we go in. Oh, people to seat, bugger! And the stares, like you are on a runway as you enter the dining room.

Now Tokyo ROCKS! The atmosphere, the lack of pretty, fancy people with popped collars and the fabulously excellent food. Hands down the best, you are right. They are so friendly and make my three year old feel right at home every time.

On the topic of kids and sushi. Neko has mac and cheese. Yes, my child likes mac and cheese. I am not sure she would be human if she didn't. However, she enjoys, so much more, going to Tokyo and using the cute little chopsticks with the tiny umbrella sticking out of the top that they rubber band together for her, the pinwheel on her straw, eating dessert with chopsticks. She also likes the raw tuna. It is pink and that is her favorite color. Give the poor kids some culture, not mac and cheese, please....

Dave Cook
07-28-2008, 05:56 AM
Holy Hirohito!!!!

Check out what Gaijin Sushi is offering a new sushi chef........$6.50 an hour. Are you freagin kidding me????

So basically a single plate of nigiri sushi nearly covers an hourly wage for your kitchen staff? Wow. Why sling chutoro when you could pull that at Taco Bell. Is Gaijin Sushi fast foodo? Zen zen wakanai.

Man, let's all cash in on the sushi trend and overcharge our customers who couldn't tell the difference anyway.

Cook/Sushi Chef (http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/fbh/758551425.html)