View Full Version : Talk about anything good you have going on in your life, no matter the topic.

Pages : [1] 2

CMSturgeon
03-13-2007, 11:09 AM
I thought I should start this.... basically I just wanted to talk about something I am excited about.

Went and took a typing test for a job I really want at OU Medical Center. I greatly exceeded the expected wpm and only made 2 mistakes out of 3 paragraphs, despite the fact that I was totally nervous. Lately, I've been feeling good about my resume and my ability to be a candidate for multiple jobs due to my variety of work experience. Although I enjoy the job I am currently holding, I really want to start my career in the health field now, I really hope I get the job I applied for, or at least one of them. If not, there is always another.

So, do you have something you feel good about you would like to discuss? Feel free to brag.

bandnerd
03-13-2007, 12:40 PM
I just had a student say really nice things about me :) We were discussing what field I could study if/when I go back for a graduate degree. It has been suggested to me by a couple of people that I study curriculum design, and quite a few others have suggested counseling.

The students in my class felt that I would be a really good teen counselor because I am not judgmental of them, and while I am older, I have that kind of "older sister you can tell anything to" vibe and that I'm really down to earth.

Kind of a boost to a worn-out ego ;)

Plus, my new journalism students, though they aren't the best writers, seem to really be grasping the concepts of design and are using the program well. :)

CMSturgeon
03-13-2007, 12:46 PM
See, I feel better reading about something good in someone else's life. Your good attitude makes me have one. Congratulations on all of the compliments and respect you have earned from your students!

Karried
03-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Congratulations to the two of you!

I'm blessed with good health and great friends and a loving family... other than that I'm having computer issues which make me grumpy but I'm not dwelling on it.. at least I have a computer on a desk in a house to be grumpy about.. and fingers to type this and eyes to see this and a voice to scream at it..

lol..you get the idea.. happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts!

Good luck CMSturgeon on your interview and bandnerd.. you're a great teacher, students are lucky to have you!

Luke
03-13-2007, 02:17 PM
My wife is 9 months pregnant and is going to have our baby any day now! Talk about exciting!

Tim
03-13-2007, 02:33 PM
My lovely bride just informed me that we are taking a romantic mini-vacation this weekend. Totally unexpected!

Easy180
03-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Where to Tim?

CMSturgeon
03-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Didn't you go on a cruise last week Easy? If so, how was it?

Tim
03-13-2007, 02:45 PM
The Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs. Should be gorgeous this time of year!

Karried
03-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Luke, is it time already!!!??? Wow, that went by so quickly..

OKCPulse is having twins! ( well his wife technically) .... you'll have to let us know when the blessed event occurs! Congratulations.

Easy180
03-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Sounds good...Hope the weather treats you nicely Tim

We did...Cruised out of New Orleans so we got to hit Bourbon on Sunday night...It was pretty cool weather though, which unfortunately continued on our cruise to Mexico :fighting3

Wasn't too bad, but not much sun for the wifey...Still had a great time

Thought we were missing the breakers, but I guess some of the country had spring break that week....Pretty fun stuff watching them drink themselves into oblivion...Saw several being hauled back in wheelchairs to the boat...Not injured just too drunk to walk!

Thanks for asking!

Karried
03-13-2007, 03:47 PM
I was wondering how the weather treated you... did you enjoy New Orleans? Glad you made it home safe and sound..

I always have Post Partum Cruise Depression.. they have to peel me off the ship, I don't go without a fight.. I'm holding onto the railings kicking and screaming all the while.

I've found the only remedy is to book another one right away, lol

Easy180
03-13-2007, 06:15 PM
We did karried...Had a bad experience at Bourbon House rest. as our waitress made it known she didn't want to wait on our table...Was the biggest b**ch waitress we have ever ran across...Guess she was having a bad night or something

Bourbon st was pretty busy for a sunday, but it wasn't as crowded as I remembered it...Hit Cafe Dumonde for beignets and coffee twice...Those artery cloggers are fantastic!

Had a great time....Just great to get away

floater
03-13-2007, 07:00 PM
My wife is 9 months pregnant and is going to have our baby any day now! Talk about exciting!

The rest of your life will begin soon, haha! Hope all goes well, Luke.

Keith
03-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Luke and okcpulse.......congrats to both of you. This will be one of the most wonderful joys of your life. Babies are such a blessing and a gift from God.

CMSturgeon...Best of luck on getting the job. It sounds like you totally exceeded the expectations of the typing test. We will all keep our fingers and toes crossed for us. Keep us informed....and thanks for starting this thread.

Last Friday, I received my perfomance evaluation from my supervisor. When you work for the City, you receive these once a year. If you score high enough on your evaluation, then you are guaranteed a one step raise.

Anyway, this is my 16th year with the City, and I received the highest rating that anyone has ever received in our office. Unfortunately, I am topped out, so I will not get a raise in pay, however, the high evaluation made me one happy person. When my boss is out of the office, I am in charge of the other 15 employees. I received very high marks in the area of "acting" supervisor.

I also do lots of research for legal claims, and am assigned many special projects. In every area of the evaluation, I either scored a very high 5 or a 6 (1 is the lowest, and 6 is exceptional). Last Friday, we also hired a new person in our office, and I am the one responsible for training her.

Yes, God has truly blessed me with a wonderful job, and a great supervisor.

CMSturgeon
03-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Keith, congrats on your great position, it sounds like you deserve it! Thanks for your warm wishes as well. Oh, another good thing I've got: our daughter is getting near the age where we can make her do stuff for us. lol. Just thought of it when my hubby asked her to throw something away because she was walking into the kitchen. That amuses me for some reason.

Keith
03-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Keith, congrats on your great position, it sounds like you deserve it! Thanks for your warm wishes as well. Oh, another good thing I've got: our daughter is getting near the age where we can make her do stuff for us. lol. Just thought of it when my hubby asked her to throw something away because she was walking into the kitchen. That amuses me for some reason.
Do you remember when you first got your drivers license and could not wait to drive everywhere? That's how I was when I turned 16. I would be sitting in the house and my dad or mom would ask me to run to the store and pick something up. Man, did I feel important.

I tried that on my son when he turned 16. It didn't last long. He was happy to do it a few times, but the "happiness" wore off. He is 19 now, and I don't dare ask him to go to the store for me...gee, the older they get, the less they want to do for mom and dad.

CMSturgeon
03-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Yeah... she's only 4. Hahahahaha.

Keith
03-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah... she's only 4. Hahahahaha.
Wanna trade??? J/k

aintaokie
03-13-2007, 08:06 PM
I got a full time job; prayers are answered as this is just the kind of work I was looking for. I'm looking foward to starting this position soon. And Keith, congrats on receivng a superior evaluation with OKC.

bandnerd
03-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Wait, I win. I have a glass of wine haha.

Keith
03-13-2007, 08:15 PM
I got a full time job; prayers are answered as this is just the kind of work I was looking for. I'm looking foward to starting this position soon. And Keith, congrats on receivng a superior evaluation with OKC.
And just for the record......aintaokie's new full time job will be in our office. I will be training him next. Congrats, aintaokie, on getting the job. I look forward to working with you.

CMSturgeon
03-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Wait, I win. I have a glass of wine haha.

I was going to (jokingly) call you an alcoholic, but I don't want to get in trouble again for calling people names. Thanks to... Karried..... I think it was, for understanding the whore joke by the way. lol.

Lauri101
03-14-2007, 02:35 AM
My youngest daughter got "Soldier of the Month" at Ft Sill and she's re-enlisting today. She asked that the re-enlistment ceremony be today, on my birthday, to honor me.

My almost two year old grandson said "I wuv ooh, Gigi"

I got Sims 2 - Seasons! 2 copies! lol

Keith
03-14-2007, 05:04 AM
My youngest daughter got "Soldier of the Month" at Ft Sill and she's re-enlisting today. She asked that the re-enlistment ceremony be today, on my birthday, to honor me.

You must be on cloud 9. Outstanding news about your daughter, and......to have the re-enlistment ceremony on your birthday, what an honor. Then to have your grandson say he loves you.........ain't life great?

bandnerd
03-14-2007, 05:46 AM
CM--

Well, we have to accept our lot in life ;)

Lauri--I'm waiting for my copy of Sims 2 Seasons to arrive!

Karried
03-14-2007, 06:47 AM

So much good news.. two copies...? Was there a mistake or did you order extra?

Does this count? My washer just broke so I get a new one?

I'm trying here folks!

Congrats to everyone on all of their good news.

Lauri101
03-14-2007, 07:21 AM
both were birthday presents - I'll exchange one of them through Amazon for something else!

CMSturgeon
03-14-2007, 08:15 AM
So much good news.. two copies...? Was there a mistake or did you order extra?

Does this count? My washer just broke so I get a new one?

I'm trying here folks!

Congrats to everyone on all of their good news.

As I recall you saying before, you wanted new appliances anyway right? So, sounds good to me! Are you sure that wrench you banged around in there didn't do the breaking?

Karried
03-14-2007, 08:29 AM
lol! That's the kitchen... boo hoo, a new washer/dryer puts that on the bottom of my wishlist now. I hate to spend money on 'not' fun stuff like laundry.

Speaking of... any suggestions on a line? I mean a brand, not a clothes line ( although.. wait a minute.. hmmmmmmm ha,ha)

Any experience with a front loading machine? Man, appliances are expensive! The one I like uses Steam ( excuse me! what's wrong with hot water? ) But apparently, steam cleans better, uses less water and less electricity plus it wrings the heck out of clothes by spinning a million rpms so no water is left for the dryer.. it has wrinkle care ( ?) on and on... problem? $1200 bucks for a washer! wow.

But, the good news ( since I'm trying to remain chipper) is that I'll save $100 a year by using this machine!So, it will pay for itself in 12 years! (?) And even better Home Depot will give me a gift card!

yippee... I'm in a great mood...not.

aintaokie
03-14-2007, 07:32 PM

I know you're proud of your daughter. My daughter is getting ready to enlist in the Marines...lol. I'm thankfull that she's heading in the right direction as she starts her adult life. Even if she want's to be a Jar Head.

Deni
03-15-2007, 01:56 AM
I got sims that I have been wanting and the freaking never ending money (cheat codes)...lol

I got my blankets warshed ( washed) last night and now I am sitting here drinking my 7 frapp of the day....

Oh yeah my daughter wants to go to prom with someone and said yes but no to the after party so GOING OUT TO SHOP FOR HER FIRST PROM DRESS THIS WEEKEND...

CMSturgeon
03-20-2007, 03:38 PM
I went to an interview today at Orthopedics Institute and got offered the job. The only thing that might hold me back is the 3lbs of meth I did yesterday. Think that will show up on the drug test? (J/K) The benefits are really good and I am excited. When I was driving home from taking my drug test all I kept thinking was, 'wow it'd suck to be one of those people that get high so then they're all nervous about the results.' It felt good knowing I will pass it for sure. I put in my 2 weeks notice at my current job today and they were really understanding about it, I was worried it might make the day a little rough but it didn't at all. I'm feeling pretty good right now. It still seems unreal though, I've worked here for quite some time so it's going to be hard to leave. Anyone else have something?

Deni
03-20-2007, 08:01 PM
well I did the unthinkable.. I traded my sports car for a pick up...

Getting ready for the indoor yard sale here at the shopping center in April. Getting ready for our Anniversary in April at work and Easter and Prom.. Calgon take me away

Easy180
03-20-2007, 08:03 PM
well I did the unthinkable.. I traded my sports car for a pick up...

Getting ready for the indoor yard sale here at the shopping center in April. Getting ready for our Anniversary in April at work and Easter and Prom.. Calgon take me away

Definitely unthinkable....Get ready for all the "Can you help me move" calls hottcutz :fighting3

Deni
03-20-2007, 08:13 PM
first day Easy mom calls she needs stufff delivered...lol already happened...lol

and I am moving stuff in april,ugggggggggggggg

Karried
03-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Congrats CMSturgeon on your new job!

Congrats hottcutz on your new truck..

congrats to me for getting my new washer and dryer installed.. yipee. Laundry.

Deni
03-20-2007, 08:17 PM
oh THANKS KARRIED..

I will be doing laundry also this week..

Oh yeah we hired another girl so I get some time off this week...yay me

Angelicfly
03-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Wow. Just wow.

I read all of these and just kept smiling even more. New jobs, great students, expecting birth, fun trips, family accomplishments, that's just amazing :D

I'm just happy I left my apartment today. Slowly reclaiming independence. Not sure WHY I have so many problems leaving. The last time I lived alone I never wanted to go home... well, I don't live alone now but its kinda like I do. Between his work schedule and gaming I don't see him much :(

I have my wonderful chihuahua to come home to and he's ALWAYS excited to see me!

Everyday my myspace and facebook are flooded with messages from friends that miss me :) I feel LOVED! :D

And a great big THANK YOU to all of ya'll on OKC Talk. I'd prolly be pickin' my nose from boredom if I didn't have this place! :bow:

Keith
03-21-2007, 06:35 AM
Wow. Just wow.

I read all of these and just kept smiling even more. New jobs, great students, expecting birth, fun trips, family accomplishments, that's just amazing :D

I'm just happy I left my apartment today. Slowly reclaiming independence. Not sure WHY I have so many problems leaving. The last time I lived alone I never wanted to go home... well, I don't live alone now but its kinda like I do. Between his work schedule and gaming I don't see him much :(

I have my wonderful chihuahua to come home to and he's ALWAYS excited to see me!

Everyday my myspace and facebook are flooded with messages from friends that miss me :) I feel LOVED! :D

And a great big THANK YOU to all of ya'll on OKC Talk. I'd prolly be pickin' my nose from boredom if I didn't have this place! :bow:
We are glad you are here, and really glad that you are an active participant:dizzy: . We need more members like you..........This site is habit forming, but it's a great habit to have.

CMSturgeon
03-21-2007, 08:13 AM
I'm really glad I started this thread. It makes me feel great to read all the good news too. And okctalk is definitely habit forming, I enjoy spending time here.

Deni
03-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Today is a great day!!!!!!!!!!

The sun is shining and I actually woke up on time after spending all day sleeping catching up from being burned out from work..

I am babysitting my neices and nephew friday I cant wait to see them..

bandnerd
03-21-2007, 09:43 AM
I have tried some new healthy recipes from the Cooking Light cookbooks I received last week and so far they are GREAT!

I also worked out yesterday and today...I even played racquetball with the husband last week..I think I hit the ball maybe 50-55% of the time? Not bad for a person with no depth-perception bwahaha. I am a stinky, stinky mess right now.

I bought some cute shirts yesterday, pretty inexpensive, too.

I think I will buy some pansies today to put on my balcony...hoping that they get enough sun to live?

Tomorrow is movie/pizza day with my sis! I'm really excited about that!

And Sunday, the sis and I are going to have lunch with my mom. I think now is a good time to see her.

All very little things, but I'm reaching as best I can :P

CMSturgeon
03-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Wow Bandnerd, good job on starting out a good healthy regimen. I'm eating a cheeseburger from Wendy's right now and havent worked out in like 2 weeks. And they have some brownies down stairs that are sounding REALLY good right about now. I am so going to get fat if I don't get some damn control.

CMSturgeon
03-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Ok, I got the job I wanted so I am really excited. But I have a feeling something is going to ruin it, so I'm not going to get caught up in all of that.

I am holding a family bar-b-q at my house on Easter Sunday so the new generation of children in my big family can experience the neat easter egg hunt/family gathering I did as a child myself. Those were always one of the few good memories (although I always got the fewest eggs, but that wont happen this year, I'm tackling some 4 year olds, j/k) of my child hood. As people walk in the door I'm going to tell them, "if you think a rude thought about someone else keep it to yourself or get the hell out."

Hmmmm. Lets see. What else. I am tan, and the weird spots from my feet went away from the spray tan, lol.

Oh, and I bought some camping stuff last night so the hubby and I can go camping for his birthday near the end of April. By the way, Academy has those chairs that fold up and fit into a bag and have cup holders for only $4.86 right now. Bought 4 of them.

Anybody else have something positive to share?

Deni
03-26-2007, 12:39 PM
We found the prom dress of her "dreams" I am putting a picture of what it kinda looks like ...

This kinda dress is very flattering for bigger girls.. We were so excited.. Kinda spent to much on it, but heck she only lives once..

She deserved it anyhow.. She is an awesome kid.. The dress is a dark pink with black on it.. Beautiful!!

Deni
03-26-2007, 12:40 PM
oh sorry !!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the JOB...Yay for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:congrats:

Karried
03-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Wow, that is gorgeous Hottcutz - you'll have to take tons of pics so we can see ... I'm sure you'll be doing her hair.. can't wait to see it.

Congrats on the job..Cmsturgeon

Well, I got my washer/dryer.. love them ( well as much as I can love applicances) but at least I have them.

Still trying to swap OS - got rid of Vista, installed XP Pro ( thanks again for the help Ibda12u and OKCPulse - my buds!!) but the driver disk didn't work so he is sending me an overnight copy of the drivers and McAffee Virus protector.. pretty much took everything out of my computer. I think I wish I would have just returned the computer and started over.. I have a bad feeling I'll have problems.

Anyway, supposed to be positive... making plans for Cedar Point - home of the best roller coasters.. so that is something fun to look forward to .. and we're all healthy so I'm good.

CMSturgeon
03-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Hottcutz, I pink and black sounds even cuter than the dress you posted. I am needing to get rid of the prom dress I wore senior year if anyone knows someone else shopping. It was very expensive so I have to take lots of money for it. I dont think I can sell it, its too purty. Ok, changed my mind, not selling. lol. Karried I bought a dell laptop and slowly hate it more and more.

Deni
03-26-2007, 01:22 PM
I just found out I am also chapperoning the Prom.. Yay ME!!!! We are having it at OU ball room so I am wearing my Orange and Black pants suit...lol

Name a good place to eat for Prom dates.. Her date is legally blind so he cant drive. I am driving them..

We were thinking Texas Roadhouse but that is on North okc and the prom is in Norman.

Yes I will be doing her hair.. and her makeup and lots of PICS!!! I am way excited for her. I think I am living through her.. lol

CMSturgeon
03-26-2007, 02:03 PM
I just found out I am also chapperoning the Prom.. Yay ME!!!! We are having it at OU ball room so I am wearing my Orange and Black pants suit...lol

Name a good place to eat for Prom dates.. Her date is legally blind so he cant drive. I am driving them..

We were thinking Texas Roadhouse but that is on North okc and the prom is in Norman.

Yes I will be doing her hair.. and her makeup and lots of PICS!!! I am way excited for her. I think I am living through her.. lol

What is the guy wanting to spend? They should do SaltGrass in Norman but they better book fast. I hear that place is really good and a good place for a date. I also hear legends is a nice place to go. There is a Texas Roadhouse by Crossroads Mall as well. You better post pics of you in your formal! Wear my dress, get the damn thing out of my closet.

Easy180
03-26-2007, 02:08 PM
May also consider Indian Hills steakhouse right off I-35....Much quieter and a little more shnazzy than Texas Roadhouse...Won't kill the wallet either

CMSturgeon
03-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Good call Easy180! Steak sounds yummy right now.

Deni
03-26-2007, 02:41 PM
What is the guy wanting to spend? They should do SaltGrass in Norman but they better book fast. I hear that place is really good and a good place for a date. I also hear legends is a nice place to go. There is a Texas Roadhouse by Crossroads Mall as well. You better post pics of you in your formal! Wear my dress, get the damn thing out of my closet.

Girl I could not fit into your dress.. Skinny thing that you are..

We were thinking Saltgrass also... That sounds awesome

CMSturgeon
03-26-2007, 03:04 PM
I dont know what size you are, but I think I was a bit bigger when I bought it. I can't remember. I need to post a pic.

Angelicfly
03-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Ok, I got the job I wanted so I am really excited. But I have a feeling something is going to ruin it, so I'm not going to get caught up in all of that.

Congrats on the job!

I just started my training today. Talk about boring and a lil frustrating. There's two other people and they have been with the company longer than I have and they keep working ahead and its really making me feel like I've been left behind. :(

On a good note, my bf had a great bday last weekend with his friends in the burg.

Midnite had a traumatizing weekend. We went to the Vet back home and it was a different Vet than normal but my lil man was very very well behaved. He got his rabies vacc and a bunch of other stuff and we stocked up on worm meds for him (yay). So he should be well off for a while. He didn't like the long drive or the sleepover at my bf's ex roommate's place but I did reward him for good behavior.

Rock on for the Prom Mom :D

CMSturgeon
03-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Saw this prom dress today. I wish I would have had the guts to wear something purty like this'n.

http://www.cbslimited.com/galleries/prom_alyce_designs/6813.jpg

Deni
03-29-2007, 06:37 PM
CM I should give you all my slinky dresses.. I dont have the guts to wear them most of the time but I have wore one and was kinda shy about it.

CMSturgeon
03-29-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm all about free stuff!

bandnerd
03-29-2007, 08:02 PM
I got the sweetest gift today...

A student's mom brought in a little house begonia for my classroom--it has pretty deep rosey-pink flowers on it--and a card. On the card both parents wrote about how because of me their daughter has improved her writing by leaps and bounds (because of newspaper...and really, I'd have to give the credit to my editor!) and that they really appreciate everything I've done for the programs I run, and how sorry they were to hear what happened to me earlier this week (someone stole a credit card and a debit card from me and got over $400 from me, but I'll get it back) and to remember that they had my back, etc.

It came at a really needed time, I must say some parents are quite intuitive. Then we ran for shelter from the tornado that was 20 miles away lol.