View Full Version : Flu Vaccine anyone?

Patrick
11-09-2004, 12:05 AM
Looks like our state is giving out flu vaccines today (Tueday). I guess this is what SoundMind was referring to.

-----------

16,500 flu shots ready for use

By Jim Killackey
The Oklahoman

More than 16,500 free doses of adult influenza vaccine will be available Tuesday at several different locations in the metro area, public health officials said. Where to get shots

Oklahoma County:

Oklahoma City-County Health Department, 921 NE 23, Oklahoma City, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Cleveland County:

Brand Senior Citizen Center, 501 E Main, Moore, 9 a.m. to noon.

Senior Center, 329 S Peters, Norman, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.

Cleveland County Health Department, 205 12th Ave NE, Norman, 1 to 4 p.m.

Cleveland County Health Department, 224 S Chestnut, Moore, 1 to 4 p.m.

Pottawatomie County:

Pottawatomie County Health Department, 1904 Gordon Cooper Dr., Shawnee, 8:30 to 10 a.m., and 1 to 3 p.m.

Logan County:

Logan County Health Department, 215 Fairgrounds Road, Guthrie, 8 to 11 a.m., 1 to 4 p.m.

Canadian County:

Canadian County Health Department, 100 S Rock Island, El Reno, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

McClain County:

McClain County Health Department, 919 N 9, Purcell, 8:30 to 11 a.m., 1 to 4 p.m.

McClain County Health Department, 107 S Main, Blanchard, 8:30 to 11 a.m., and 1 to 4 p.m.

Flu shots will be available in Oklahoma City, Blanchard, Guthrie, El Reno, Moore, Norman, Purcell and Shawnee.

Individuals will be prescreened as they’re in line for flu shots at the Oklahoma City-County Health Department, 921 NE 23 in Oklahoma City.

Flu shots will be given at the city-county health department’s headquarters from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and will continue at the same times for the remainder of the work week until the supply of flu vaccine is exhausted, officials said.

At other metro locations, people needing flu shots will be issued numbers “to reduce the time spent in line,” said Diana Pistole, chief of nursing services at the Oklahoma Health Department.

Those seeking a flu shot can get a number, go inside or go to their vehicles, Pistole said. Waiting shouldn’t exceed two hours, she said.

Other locations in the metro area are:

Cleveland County:

Brand Senior Citizen Center, 501 E Main, Moore, 9 a.m. to noon.

Senior Center, 329 S Peters, Norman, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.

Cleveland County Health Department, 205 12th Ave NE, Norman, 1 to 4 p.m.

Cleveland County Health Department, 224 S Chestnut, Moore, 1 to 4 p.m.
Pottawatomie County:

Pottawatomie County Health Department, 1904 Gordon Cooper Dr., Shawnee, 8:30 to 10 a.m., and 1 to 3 p.m.
Logan County:

Logan County Health Department, 215 Fairgrounds Road, Guthrie, 8 to 11 a.m., 1 to 4 p.m.
Canadian County:

Canadian County Health Department, 100 S Rock Island, El Reno, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
McClain County:

McClain County Health Department, 919 N 9, Purcell, 8:30 to 11 a.m., 1 to 4 p.m.

McClain County Health Department, 107 S Main, Blanchard, 8:30 to 11 a.m., and 1 to 4 p.m.

Keith
11-09-2004, 12:48 PM
Hey, did you know that they also delivered portable toilets to the City-County health Dept today? They did that so that it would be more of a convenience for those waiting in line. I also understand they are going to put up a tent for tomorrow in case it rains. That way, people don't have to get wet waiting in line.

I, personally, am not going to get a flu shot. Last time I got one (8 years ago), I was sick for over a week. I'll take my chances again this year.

Midtowner
11-16-2004, 07:46 AM
I got the flu mist. I haven't had the flu in many moons. Should be safe this year as well.