View Full Version : Sonic Restaurant- Bricktown

Patrick
11-08-2004, 11:57 PM
I took the little lady down to the new Sonic Bricktown restaurant this afternoon. I must say, I was quite impressed. The atmosphere is very nice, and the food was superb. I joked with my fiancee that if the food wasn't good I was marching next door to their national HQ to complain. Anyways, if you haven't been, you might give it a shot. Sure, it's another Sonic, but the atmosphere is unlike any other Sonic in the metro. Overall, I give the restaurant an A+. If you go, go on a nice day, and sit outside.

floater
11-09-2004, 09:57 AM
That's good to hear. I think either TAP Architecture or Elliott + Associates designed the interior.

Patrick
11-09-2004, 10:18 AM
Well, again, it's another fine job by either of those outfits.

I noticed that the restaurant has a large glass garage door that can be opened. I wonder if they'll open it when weather is nice out.

Luke
11-09-2004, 04:31 PM
Patrick, I went when they first opened and the big garage door was open. Pretty cool atmosphere down there with the fountains, music and movie theater patrons all right there.

Patrick
11-09-2004, 05:17 PM
That's great Luke. I figured the door opened. With the door open, I bet it gave the restaurant a nice open feel!

floater
11-09-2004, 06:26 PM
I can't wait to see how it all works together. Thanks for the descriptions, guys!!!

Patrick
11-09-2004, 09:25 PM
There's still a lot of work to be done in Lower Bricktown, that's for sure. But it's slowly taking shape. I think once Toby Keith's Roadhouse gets built at the canal level, the overall appearance will improve. The problem right now is that everything aorund the theater area is at street level, so the canal is kind of surrounded by concrete walls. But landscaping has helped that out, and I noticed that the Parks Dept. has planted vines, and they're taking hold on the concrete walls. Pretty soon you won't even be able to tell there are concrete walls there. I have to give the Parks Dept. credit....the landscaping is nice. Every bit as nice as that on the Riverwalk in San Antonio. And boy, have the trees really grown over the past 5 years. Give it 5 more years, and the canal will be nicely shaded. Also the new trees on the theater canal segment give great character to that end of the canal. There's a nice mix of red buds, wheeping willows, oaks, maples, and of course cypress.

The Sonic restaurant actually faces street side...the patio is facing the fountain/plaza area though. In that building, Nothing but Noodles will be taking the anal side. It should be opening pretty soon. Marble Slab and Earls will be located in a building across the canal, directly between part of the theater building and the canal. It's kind of wedged tightly in there. By the way, all of the buildings seem to be fitting in nicely...they're all brick!