View Full Version : panhandlers

Deni
03-03-2007, 11:16 PM
SO the discussion was brought up to take pics of panhandlers and map them out.. I have a few pics for y'all if you want them?

Let me know where we are posting .....lmao

Lauri101
03-04-2007, 10:17 AM
I don't have pictures, but I can tell you that many hang out on the corner of Robinson and Main Street, near Sweets n' Eats or the bookstore. They've gotten bolder here lately, which can be a bit frightening in the wee hours of the morning.

I can only imagine how visitors to our city must feel when hit up for change, etc. OKC's finest don't seem inclined to do anything about it, either - I was told I'd need to file a formal complaint against the individual.

Deni
03-04-2007, 10:40 AM
If you are homeless and hungry there are so many people and origanizations out there that you dont have to go without.. Pick up cans to make extra money.. Then you are not only helping yourself, but you are cleaning up areas.

My thing is when they use their kids to get more money. I know better your kid wont do without. Do not give these people Money, they make more than most of the working class people. If they are truly hungry they will take food. When you offer them food and they say NO let them go without.. Screw that.. If you see a kid out there with them, go buy the kid food and offer it to the child, let the adult fend for themselves.

There is NOOOOOOOOO reason for anyone to be begging for money to eat with food banks and churches now days feeding people daily.
If you want to throw your money out just go to a family that you know is trying and help them.

Todd
03-04-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm setting up a special page I'll let you know.

Dave Cook
03-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Lauri....

Is panhandling an Oklahoma City problem?

I've seen beggers and panhandlers from Bangkok to Baltimore. Don't think there is anyway you'll ever rid the world of people needing/requesting handouts.

But good luck.

Deni
03-04-2007, 11:57 AM
We are not trying to do away with them. However the less you give and they realize they will soon move on. There is alway someone going to take their place, but I am sick of seeing them on my road and being bugged when I am filling my car with fuel or taking my daughter grocery shopping..

CMSturgeon
03-04-2007, 12:11 PM
This weekend I was at Chipotle in downtown Dallas and a panhandler came in and ran around to all the tables and asked for money before being kicked out by the restaurant employees. Pisses me offfffffffffff. Get a job. If you can walk around all day, or stand all day holding a sign, you can stand behind a McDonalds counter. But then again, they probably wouldn't make as much money if they worked at McDonalds.

Lauri101
03-04-2007, 12:28 PM
In my past, I've had to get help from others in order to feed my children. I worked as a janitor, with two small kids and no child support, and had to get state assistance for day care. I didn't like asking for help, but I did what I had to until I could get my college degree and better myself.

I have NO problem in helping the truly needy - but those that just want to "do their thing" (drugs, alcohol, whatever) and beg for money to support their habits piss me off.

I recently bought a six inch sub at Subway and offered it to one of the panhandlers who said he wanted money for food. He took it, looked at it, then threw it in the trash.

SweetandSourPoke - you're right, we're never going to do away with beggers. I don't expect the problem to go away, but I don't want to be cursed and threatened if I choose not to "donate".

Keith
03-04-2007, 05:42 PM
I don't know about the nort side of the city, but I know down in south OKC, there are always panhandlers at the major intersections around I-240. After listening to my police scanner, I know that the police can't do anything about it unless a formal complaint is made, or if a panhandler is causing traffic problems.

I also drive downtown at least 3-4 days a week, and I see them all over the place.......like cockroaches....except they scurry around in the daylight while roaches scurry in the darkness. McDonalds at Sheridan and Western, as well as the Valero station across the street, attracts a bunch of them. Also, at Reno and Classen Blvd, there is a convenience store/gas station where many of them hang around.

I don't trust them and I never give them money or anything else. I completely ignore them and make sure my windows are rolled up.

Like HOTTCUTZ said in an earlier post, these panhandlers can get a job and make a little bit of money....but why should they when motorists are always giving them money?

What was it Todd said at our luncheon on Saturday? He said he saw a panhandler at SE.44 & I-35, and while Todd was getting gas, he saw the panhandler leave his "post" and go get in to a brand new car. Talk about a scam artist.

I'm sure some of these people are homeless and do need help, but that's why there's the Jesus House, Grace Rescue Mission, churches, and several other organizations that will feed them, clothe them, and offer a shelter to them.

BailJumper
03-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Actually the police can run them off and even arrest them if they want. Some do, even charging them with aggravated panhandling on occassion. The problem is, like cockroaches, they just come right back and obviously can't pay the fine anyway and the jails are full and incarcerating them is a burden on tax payers.

I seriously doubt most of them (or even a measurable number) drive brand new cars. While many do live out of hotels at $40 a night (phone, cable TV, pool, maid service), they are living handout to handout. The one's mentioned at SE 44 and I-35 often live in the field to the SE, behind the gas station. There has been a homeless camp there for many years. The ones downtown often live under the overpasses and in one of three camps near the river and downtown airpark.

Personally, my favorite was when I saw a male panhandler obviously holding a discarded sign from another beggar. It read "Hungry, Homes and Pregnant, Please help!"

The whole "get a job" thing is a little tougher than it may sound. When you are wearing your only clothes, have no phone, no transportation, often a criminal record and throw in alcoholism, drug addiction and mental issues and the employers are not exactly banging your door down.

Man, I'm sounding like a liberal.

Fortunately, for most people, homelessness is a temporay situation as most people want out.

But we certainly have our population of the perpetually homeless.

Anyone remember when they were trying to convince people to buy those coupon books to give to the homeless that gave them a free ride to a shelter. What a joke that was.

Karried
03-04-2007, 06:46 PM
The whole "get a job" thing is a little tougher than it may sound. When you are wearing your only clothes, have no phone, no transportation, often a criminal record and throw in alcoholism, drug addiction and mental issues and the employers are not exactly banging your door down.

Man, I'm sounding like a liberal.

No, you are sounding like a person who cares about other people. Even downtrodden, homeless, down on their luck people.

Thank God for you.

'But for the grace of God, go I' .. it could be any one of us out there in the cold. You just never know what's in another person's heart. Most didn't choose this lifestyle. Most didn't choose to have to resort to begging for food and money to live. Yeah, we can all give the excuse.. it's for drugs and alcohol.. but, how do we know? It could be for anything. We just don't know..

I know it's an eyesore to see people asking for money.. I know it's bad for business, I know some of them are working the system, I know all of this intellectually.. but my heart still hurts for them.. yep, label me a bleeding heart I suppose.. oh well.

mranderson
03-04-2007, 08:17 PM
"The whole "get a job" thing is a little tougher than it may sound. When you are wearing your only clothes, have no phone, no transportation, often a criminal record and throw in alcoholism, drug addiction and mental issues and the employers are not exactly banging your door down."

No. It is not tough. Just walk into McDonalds and ask to flip burgers. At least you would be earning your way instead of being a bum.

BailJumper
03-05-2007, 06:02 AM
ANDERSON again you haven't a clue. I agree, there certainly are those who do take whatever job they can find to lift themselves out of a temporary situation. But that is not the case for many others.

Lets say you own a McDonald's and three people come in and apply for a job. Two have cars, a phone number and seem physcially able to do the job (the minimal requirement for most any minimum wage job). The third guy walks in in his obviously donated Jesus House clothing (all wrinkled, used and doesn't fit). You can tell by his application he can barely read and write. He walked in an indicated he had no car. He's homeless so he also doesn't have a phone. He probably doesn't have the most refined social skills either and may even be mentally off. Who are you gonna hire?

mranderson
03-05-2007, 07:51 AM
ANDERSON again you haven't a clue. I agree, there certainly are those who do take whatever job they can find to lift themselves out of a temporary situation. But that is not the case for many others.

Lets say you own a McDonald's and three people come in and apply for a job. Two have cars, a phone number and seem physcially able to do the job (the minimal requirement for most any minimum wage job). The third guy walks in in his obviously donated Jesus House clothing (all wrinkled, used and doesn't fit). You can tell by his application he can barely read and write. He walked in an indicated he had no car. He's homeless so he also doesn't have a phone. He probably doesn't have the most refined social skills either and may even be mentally off. Who are you gonna hire?

Just what I would expect from a liberal.

BailJumper
03-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Again, you love to advertise your ignorance.

I am not a liberal.

Martin
03-05-2007, 10:03 AM
so i had a few minutes to work this up for grins... -M

http://members.cox.net/magnvs/pics/vigilante_logo.jpg

Karried
03-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Just what I would expect from a liberal.

This isn't political. Why do you have to package everything into a box and label everyone?

It's about caring for other people and having a little compassion for those less fortunate. It's about not being judgemental and assuming you know everything about everyone and everything.

Some of these very people that you love to hate could be veterans that served your country and lost everything because of it. They could have mental issues such as post traumatic stress syndrome.. maybe they tried to get help.. maybe they are so messed up they can't even go to get assistance. You just don't know.. but if it makes you feel better about your life to look down on them, then more power to you.

You don't have to liberal to care about others.

Deni
03-05-2007, 03:59 PM
MMM...
I love it.. Can I steal it and put it on the Hott Cutz wall of fame!!!!!!!!!

Martin
03-05-2007, 04:35 PM
you sure may! -M

Mandy
03-15-2007, 12:07 AM
A police officer told my roommate that due to not having a panhandling law in OKC, they make more than he does.

Karried
03-15-2007, 07:26 AM
He must not make very much.

I imagine those standing on a corner get about $10 bucks an hour on a good day...(it's hit and miss, some days they won't make anything at all) that's generous but equals $80 x 5 = $400 x 50 = $20,800 annually... with no health care.

So, I'm hoping that OK pays it's finest a little more than than 20K a year.. that's barely above poverty.

I like the idea of giving those in true need food or a jacket.

I know many abuse the generosity of others but I also know there are many people who are truly needy and hungry.

When we were in New Orleans, we had finished eating and I had a take home container of half a sandwich... we were walking back to the hotel and this younger man asks, ' are those leftovers - can I have it?' I wasn't sure what he said, it didn't quite register at first and I was kind of leery of strangers... but I brushed past and I hear this plainative wail, of 'please, I'm just hungry'..... so of course, I gave it to him.. but it broke my heart.

I thought of my kids and prayed that they never will have to ask strangers for leftovers but God forbid, if they ever are in that situation, I hope someone will give them food.

Tim
03-15-2007, 07:37 AM
My all time favorite panhandler was in Vegas a few weeks ago. I was having a coffee at Starbucks on Fremont Street at about 7:00am. (I'm an early riser, not a stay-out-all-night-er) This guy wanders into the enclosed outdoor seating area and stares at my newspaper. Being a friendly kinda guy I offered it to him. He thanked me politely, held out a rumpled paper bag and said "Thanks! Wannsomevokka?" I tried to casually ignore him, as my wife was on he way to join me and I did NOT wish to explain this ,when he got louder and louder! "WANNSOMEVOKKA?" "VOKKA! DRINKTHUHVOKKAMAN!" Finally the doorman for the hotel came and scooted him away, bellowing the whole time "THANKSMANHAVESOMEVOKKA!"
At least the barter system is alive and well!

Martin
03-15-2007, 07:51 AM
that's generous but equals $80 x 5 = $400 x 50 = $20,800 annually... with no health care.
...and no taxes, either. -M

Mandy
03-15-2007, 10:52 AM
He must not make very much.

I imagine those standing on a corner get about $10 bucks an hour on a good day...(it's hit and miss, some days they won't make anything at all) that's generous but equals $80 x 5 = $400 x 50 = $20,800 annually... with no health care.

So, I'm hoping that OK pays it's finest a little more than than 20K a year.. that's barely above poverty.

I don't know how much they are paid, but they can't afford $50k cars. He said he has seen a panhandler end his "shift" and drive away in a $50k new Mercedes.

Tim
03-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Perhaps we should combine the "legalize prostitution" thread with this one and solve the how-much-do-you-make-standing-on-a-corner question once and for all?

Deni
03-15-2007, 10:56 AM
There was a lady where we used to live in Texas that stood on the corner panhandling. I hired her a few days a week to clean the house.

So she was working 2 days a week for me and 2 days a week for my neighbor. She also begged at night 5 days a week. When we were moving into a new home, she moved into our old house paying 800.00 a month in rent. Now she was making a killing ..

Imagine her rent and bills I am sure it was over 1500 a month, Mine was.

So she basically was making more money than me all together...

Karried
03-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Well, it's really hard to compete with someone who told someone else something and it's all hearsay so I'll just have to concede the argument.

For me personally, I'm not going to assume that every homeless person standing on the corner has a 50K Mercedes... in fact, I really don't believe that to be true at all... but if a policeman told your roommate, could be true, who knows? I hope that there is some truth in it, otherwise think of all of the prejudice against the homeless people based on stories such as a 50K Mercedes, when in actuality, they may just be cold and hungry and really down on their luck.

But, everyone has to do what they feel is right. I'll just keep giving someone standing out in the cold a hot cup of coffee or a McMuffin ... stories of them getting 'rich' don't phase me a bit.

Mandy
03-15-2007, 11:29 AM
I just want to make it clear that I wasn't saying they don't deserve your charity. I was just relaying information I was given to add to the conversation.

I give to them regularly. Whether or not they're honest or not isn't on my conscience. But I'm not naive enough to believe that every single indigent person standing at an intersection is somehow above human greed.

mranderson
03-15-2007, 12:11 PM
I don't know how much they are paid, but they can't afford $50k cars. He said he has seen a panhandler end his "shift" and drive away in a $50k new Mercedes.

How do you know they can not afford a $50,000 car? Some of these deadbeats make more than most of us. And yes. There have been confirmations of these beggers getting into their newly bought current year model Cadillacs. I can not retrieve them, however, there have been newspaper articles about this.

A man with a sign "will work for food." My response: "GET A JOB!"

Easy180
03-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Give me a break about the Mercedes....Thinking 95% disappears within the walls of the nearest convenience or liquor store...That is their main motivation not being able to afford their Nichols Hills mortgage payment

Hey if they make a good amount standing in the heat, cold and rain then fine with me...I get paid well to sit in a comfy chair where it's always 72 degrees typing crap onto a computer

Just a slightly better asset to society let me tell ya :tiphat:

Karried
03-15-2007, 01:36 PM
I don't know how much they are paid, but they can't afford $50k cars

She's talking about the police officer.

zoowall
03-15-2007, 01:49 PM
So Anderson when you run for office your stance on helping the homeless population will be "GET A JOB?" You'll get tons of votes. good luck.

mranderson
03-15-2007, 01:50 PM
So Anderson when you run for office your stance on helping the homeless population will be "GET A JOB?" You'll get tons of votes. good luck.

Yep. :congrats: BTW. Most are not "homeless." They are bums that are that way by choice.

zoowall
03-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Yea youre right. I bet if you offered them a job and a place to live they would turn it down.

mranderson
03-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Yea youre right. I bet if you offered them a job and a place to live they would turn it down.

Yes. Most would. Plus I am very careful when it comes to people I offer to stay in my home. When I was as young as most of you, I helped people right and left that were what you call "homeless." I got ripped off 99% of the time. So, by experience, no more help like that unless they proove they are willing to help themselves. That rarely happens.

zoowall
03-15-2007, 02:00 PM
you are so wise

BailJumper
03-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Don't worry, ANDERSON will never run for anything as it would out him.

Personally, a person would be nuts to offer a homeless individual thier home for the night.

If you are homeless and jobless then by definition you have to either beg for money or commit crimes to get money EVERY DAY just to eat, have a place to stay and feed your addiction(s).

I've seen the 20/20 special about the guy who makes a 'good' living panhandling and then once a year treats himself to a spending spree in Vegas like a superstar. He is certainly the exception and not the rule.

'By choice' is up to individual interpretation.

Karried
03-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Personally, a person would be nuts to offer a homeless individual thier home for the night.

Well, yes, I've been called a nut recently, I guess I really am a nut ... I was driving home one night in CA and it pouring rain, sheets of rain.. I see this little old lady huddled up against a building trying to stay warm.. 'heavy sigh', I pulled up and asked her if she needed a ride somewhere. She said she took the bus into town and couldn't reach her friend to pick her up.. she was in tears. At that time we didn't have a homeless shelter so I didn't know what to do. I told her she could come to my house and use my phone.. my husband was a little peeved.. she ended up having dinner with us and staying the night in the guest room.

She must have been about 80, I wasn't worried about it. I took her to a community center in the morning and she hugged me and said she would never forget our kindness.

Could have gone either way, but I thought of my grandma out in the cold rain.. what can I say? A nut, that's me.

zoowall
03-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Agreed Bailjumper. I didn't mean to imply offering ones own home to a homeless person. Places such as the Cross and Crown Mission near downtown have a great program that works with struggling people to help them get out of that kind of lifestyle. Its a pretty neat program.

zoowall
03-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Thats awesome Karried. This is an appropriate time to use the :congrats:

mranderson
03-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Well, yes, I've been called a nut recently, I guess I really am a nut ... I was driving home one night in CA and it pouring rain, sheets of rain.. I see this little old lady huddled up against a building trying to stay warm.. 'heavy sigh', I pulled up and asked her if she needed a ride somewhere. She said she took the bus into town and couldn't reach her friend to pick her up.. she was in tears. At that time we didn't have a homeless shelter so I didn't know what to do. I told her she could come to my house and use my phone.. my husband was a little peeved.. she ended up having dinner with us and staying the night in the guest room.

She must have been about 80, I wasn't worried about it. I took her to a community center in the morning and she hugged me and said she would never forget our kindness.

Could have gone either way, but I thought of my grandma out in the cold rain.. what can I say? A nut, that's me.

You were lucky. With an elderly person, I would have called the police to check on her. She could have been a young person that was a good makeup artist.

Karried
03-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Gawd, help me now..

Okay, that was my laugh out loud moment of the year.

I used my handy dandy investigative skills to confirm that her makeup wasn't running in the pouring rain and took a chance..sheesh

Karried
03-15-2007, 03:53 PM
911 - What's your emergency?

Nut - I have an elderly lady here, she's soaking wet, has nowhere to go, can you send someone over to go a background check, fingerprint her and check her mascara?

911 - You're under arrest

BailJumper
03-15-2007, 03:57 PM
I have to admit I'm more prone to call 911 to assist a person than I am to pull over. While I'm not too fearful of 'makeup artist serial killers' I have heard of too many people who pretend to have car trouble just to get you to stop.

I will stop to help give a driver that last push into the gas station. I even stopped once and gave a couple the number to Travelor's Aid.

I doubt there are too many homeless people that don't know where the shelters are and the unfortunate individual who is left on the streets surely have enough sense to call 911. Officers often transport a person to a shelter (if they can't find a reason to arrest them!).

mranderson
03-15-2007, 04:08 PM
911 - What's your emergency?

Nut - I have an elderly lady here, she's soaking wet, has nowhere to go, can you send someone over to go a background check, fingerprint her and check her mascara?

911 - You're under arrest

If I am ever arrested for protecting myself, I will gladly plead guilty and do a stretch in the joint. It is called checking welfare and any cop will tell you to it is the safest thing to do. If you want to call me a nut for being careful and a conservative, then, well, I guess I am guilty as accused! And proud of it!

I am in good company. Think of the number of people who laughed at Henry Ford or Thomas Edison. Same thing, just different reasons.

Karried
03-15-2007, 04:22 PM
I'm supposed to be the nut.. remember.. I'm from CA.. not you.

I am in good company. Think of the number of people who laughed at Henry Ford or Thomas Edison. Same thing, just different reasons

???????????? What did you invent?

mranderson
03-15-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm supposed to be the nut.. remember.. I'm from CA.. not you.

???????????? What did you invent?

The point is, many people laughed at them because they did not agree with them or thought they were crazy. Who got the last laugh? Again. Point is, you never know who you are laughing at. They might just be correct.:bow:

And what did I invent? Nothing I can discuss.

Tim
03-15-2007, 04:31 PM
The point is, many people laughed at them because they did not agree with them or thought they were crazy. Who got the last laugh? Again. Point is, you never know who you are laughing at. They might just be correct.:bow:

Austin Powers "That's not my bag baby!"

Prison Guard "One Swedish ***** Pump owners manual registered to Austin Powers..."

Austin Powers "Seriously, that's NOT my bag!"

Prison Guard "One Swedish ***** Pump warranty registration card signed by Austin Powers..."

Karried
03-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Who got the last laugh? Again. Point is, you never know who you are laughing at. They might just be correct

One last question and then I'm done because I'm wasting wayyyy too much time on this.. but explain to me again what you were correct about?

To recap.. The little elderly abandoned woman stayed at my house because she could not reach her friend. She was not a waterproof make-up wearing serial killer who bludgeoned me to death as I slept. We had no homeless shelters at the time as I lived in a small town. I called the local Red Cross who told me I could drive her an hour and drop her off. It was already late, pouring rain and we were all tired. We had already eaten dinner, I determined that she was not a mass murderer and I was correct.

Not you.

BailJumper
03-15-2007, 04:42 PM

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

mranderson
03-15-2007, 04:43 PM
One last question and then I'm done because I'm wasting wayyyy too much time on this.. but explain to me again what you were correct about?

To recap.. The little elderly abandoned woman stayed at my house because she could not reach her friend. She was not a waterproof make-up wearing serial killer who bludgeoned me to death as I slept. We had no homeless shelters at the time as I lived in a small town. I called the local Red Cross who told me I could drive her an hour and drop her off. It was already late, pouring rain and we were all tired. We had already eaten dinner, I determined that she was not a mass murderer and I was correct.

Not you.

That was your decision, yes. However, I am just saying I personally would not take that chance. I am obviously a lot more careful. I believe in calling people that are trained to handle the possibilities to handle it.

Deni
03-15-2007, 04:44 PM
UGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do people get on the net to say something stupid. I am sure they can do it in person....

remember the thread choked with bare hands? Yeah that is all I can say ..

Next subject please that more than 1 person is an expert at.. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

Easy180
03-15-2007, 05:52 PM

The character you play on here is one of the best ever created...Bravo mranderson

Easy180
03-15-2007, 05:57 PM
You were lucky. With an elderly person, I would have called the police to check on her. She could have been a young person that was a good makeup artist.

Classic...One of the best posts ever...karried forgot to add she held the 80 yr old woman at gunpoint while another family member frisked her

The old professional makeup artist faking elderly huddled against a bldg in the rain hoping for a victim to feel bad for you con....Heard way too many stories on this con..Come one karried...Can't be that big of a sucker can you?

Deni
03-15-2007, 07:39 PM
All I can say is that I am sure glad that I never faced an elderly serial killer before !!!

The "depends" bandit...roflmaoooooooooooooo
Karried did she try to overdose you with metamusal????
I am sure you stayed regular for a week after her visit..

I am sure with her makeup put on so well she was on the same corner the next few nights..

A new M O for serial killers elderly looking makeup with knives and guns held in their "BIG KID PULL UPS"
My gawd how does people actually waste our good air in Oklahoma

mranderson
03-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Classic...One of the best posts ever...karried forgot to add she held the 80 yr old woman at gunpoint while another family member frisked her

The old professional makeup artist faking elderly huddled against a bldg in the rain hoping for a victim to feel bad for you con....Heard way too many stories on this con..Come one karried...Can't be that big of a sucker can you?

When it is that one time the person is a con artist, do not come crying to me because I will have one sentance for you. "I tried to warn you."

You can say what you want, laugh and tease all you want. I will STILL be careful because there are cons out there, and some could be very good actors and actresses.

I suggest moving on. You had your fun with this.

Easy180
03-16-2007, 11:21 AM
When it is that one time the person is a con artist, do not come crying to me because I will have one sentance for you. "I tried to warn you."

You can say what you want, laugh and tease all you want. I will STILL be careful because there are cons out there, and some could be very good actors and actresses.

I suggest moving on. You had your fun with this.

Reminds me of the time I was driving my mom around the loop by crossroads...Man walking in the grass by the road...I went by going around 30 or so and my mom told me to slow down because of him

She said "He could be on drugs and jump into the street in front of the car"...Told her well I will take my chances on that happening

Still tease her about that...Seem to be out of the same mold mranderson

CMSturgeon
03-16-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm starting to wonder if the men on the corners of Penn and Western on the service roads of I-240 aren't a team of people working together. I felt really moved to give one of them money but didn't for some reason. I feel bad now, like I should have. I saw one guy standing at one corner during the earlier part of the day and when I drove back by he was holding a sign for a jewelry store. Thought that was nice of the jewelry store to give him a job. That's a great idea too. Stores need to just pay those guys money to hold their ads.

Turanacus
03-19-2007, 03:02 PM
i see panhandlers every single day at the Meridian exit off of I-40 (on my way to work) and then at the Penn exit off of I-44 (on my way home) - it's trashy and annoying.