View Full Version : In search of a purebred male Pembroke Welch Corgi

okiemom
03-02-2007, 02:36 PM
In search of a purebred male Pembroke Welch Corgi. Desired age: Three to six months. The preferred color is red but would consider any other color with the right personality. A full white collar is preferred but not a set in stone requirement. Crate trained and leash trained would be nice but also not a set in stone requirement. I prefer a Corgi who was born without a tail but will consider one who's been docked as long as it's closely docked. Must be good with kids and other dogs. Prefer dewclaws removed.

Prefer ACK registered with full, unlimited registration. What we're looking for is a companion dog. As it stands, I don't plan on breeding or showing the dog but I want the option.

A couple of things I am insistent upon is being able to meet the puppy before I commit to buying it. The reason for this is because the Corgi we have now chose us. Yup, it sounds odd but when we went to see the litter, he crawled up onto my lap and made it clear he wanted to go with us. That's what I'm looking for more than anything. A puppy who likes us as much as we like him.

The other thing I insist on is a vet check and complete health record from the breeder.

I've looked around enough to realize the cost of what I'm asking for. That's not a problem.

Now, if you know a breeder who has questions about us: The Corgi would be a house dog with a large fenced in back yard to play in. We have the time, money and desire to make sure the Corgi receives regular medical care, is properly groomed, trained, spoiled, walked with, talked to and loved. Also, we currently own a two year purebred Pembroke Welch Corgi so were accustomed to their personalities and temperaments.

windowphobe
03-02-2007, 07:25 PM
There's one PWCCA member breeder in the state: Linda Hicks in Broken Arrow.