View Full Version : Any idea what bar this is 'for sale'?

BailJumper
03-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Any idea which bar this is up for sale? Looks to be in Bricktown.

Bar: Upscale nightclub in popular entertainment district in major Oklahoma metroplex. Newly remodeled, loaded with fabulous décor and assets. Current owner nets over $261,000.

More at this link - http://www.businessmart.com/business-for-sale/bid/12952/bar--6683-oklahoma-city-oklahoma

sweetdaisy
03-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Don't know if it's the one the ad is referring to, but TapWerks is up for sale.

(And if that's already been discussed here, please forgive me...haven't been around for a while.)

julieriggs
03-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Scott Woolum opened Tapwerks in Bricktown back in 1999, I think. This listing says the business was established in 2003. Although I think Scott might be interested in selling Tapwerks... this listing isn't for that establishment.
~J

John
03-02-2007, 01:44 AM
In the Gazette a few weeks ago, I saw that a bar was for sale. Definately not my choice for 'entertainment', but to each his own. It is also in a 'district', if you will, which I guess is entertaining to some lifestyles.

The bar: Angles

BailJumper
03-02-2007, 05:54 AM
I loved, loved, loved, loved Angles back in its day. Excellent techno music and never a shortage of people to watch.

writerranger
03-02-2007, 07:35 AM
It wouldn't be Tapwerks if it was described as a 'nightclub'.....maybe Skyybar? It's not like there are too many "upscale nightclubs" in Bricktown. maybe it's in Tulsa?

---------------

BailJumper
03-02-2007, 08:14 AM
When was LIT established? Also, sounds like the bar just to their East (except I think is not open right now but was remodeled.

jbrown84
03-02-2007, 08:35 AM
It could be Angles. It doesn't say anything about Bricktown--just "popular entertainment district", which could apply to the 39th Street Enclave. Seems like if it were Bricktown, they would come out and say it.

julieriggs
03-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Are there any good techno clubs around anymore??? I sure miss that.

BailJumper
03-02-2007, 09:12 AM
It's been several months since we've been, but the Copa at the Habana played some nice techno some weekends.

Were you part of that PC Pirate crowd that used to hang at the Habana area and the Wreck Room?

Some places in Bricktown will, but the crowd is too young for me most times.

The DJ at the in club in the basement of the Colcord will play some techno if you ask. And you basically have the place to yourself!

julieriggs
03-02-2007, 09:18 AM
LOL I've been outed as a Pirate!!! PCHS '89

But I never went to the Wreck Room or Angles, although I remember people talking about it all the time. There were a couple of bars in Bricktown that used to play great techno, but I don't remember their names. Now that I am an OLD LADY I don't get out much. When I do, seems like they play the 80's music I hate or hip hop. Ugh.

And who might you be, fellow Pirate???

BailJumper
03-02-2007, 09:21 AM
Hmmm, Bricktown in '89. must have been the Pyramid! Right?

GO PANTHERS! '89

metro
03-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Are there any good techno clubs around anymore??? I sure miss that.

right on, yeah i wish there were more true techno clubs around.

MikeLucky
03-05-2007, 08:43 AM
right on, yeah i wish there were more true techno clubs around.

dammmmmm..... and here I thought I was the only techno fan in OKC!!!! :biggrin:

The wife and I went to Angles a few times with some friends.... it was a GREAT dance club.... certainly not for full mulit-use, but it was a great place if you loved techno....

I know that Kongo's here in Norman was good about bringing a lot of good techno DJ's to town and did play a lot of it.... but, it's under new ownership so I don't know it that will continue or not...

metro
03-05-2007, 11:15 AM
I don't club much if at all but I know SKYBARR always brings good techno DJ's even though I never go. They recently brought DJ AM and others. They often bring DJ's from L.A. and Vegas. I do remember good techno at Angles and many raves at local spots like roller skating rinks, etc.

CMSturgeon
03-05-2007, 01:59 PM
I don't club much if at all but I know SKYBARR always brings good techno DJ's even though I never go. They recently brought DJ AM and others. They often bring DJ's from L.A. and Vegas. I do remember good techno at Angles and many raves at local spots like roller skating rinks, etc.

I've heard the same about SkyBar, my boss likes it because that is all that they play. Went to a techno club in Dallas this weekend and I am pretty sure at least 40% of the people there were on drugs. It was basically a rave that is open every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Allow me to give a quick advertisement:

www.thelizardlounge.com:congrats:
For only $15 you get about 100 17 year olds, 5 extremely obese couples practically having sex on the dance floor (so bad other people stop dancing), throw up in all the sinks of the bathrooms, and a smell of smoke so bad someone else asks if you're smoking, even though you don't have a cigarette near you.

Drake
03-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Don't know if this is the bar in the ad, but Drinkz is currently for sale. The owner has another opportunity in another city.

Very nice place.