View Full Version : Help on website

Deni
02-28-2007, 03:41 PM
I just bought my domain name from my previous server.. Now wht do I need to do ?

BailJumper
02-28-2007, 05:14 PM
What do you want to do?

You say "previous server," does that mean you had a site posted previously? If so, you just need a new service provider and post the files.

if not, you need to have the site designed and posted.

A little more info and I'm sure we can get you going in the right direction.

Deni
02-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Yes I had a previous server and I dont know if they kept everything.. So I am prolly starting from scratch..

BailJumper
02-28-2007, 06:51 PM
First rule, never count on your host to still be in business next week, so always backup your files just in case.

There are lots of free or low cost do it yourself site creation applications or online creation tools available. But - you often get what you pay for.

Do you have a budget to contract with someone to design your site?

If so, have them design it and you can find a host for $9-$20/month.

Otherwise, do some Google searches for online site creation tools and see if you find something you like. Many offer 30-day free trials. Have fun!

Deni
02-28-2007, 09:33 PM
I changed it cause it was through discover card and I dont like spending that much money
I did not realize I was going to change until it was to late.. I still have all that was on my site but I will have to remake it

BailJumper
03-01-2007, 05:53 AM
Don't overdue it. I'd think a one to two page site would be plenty. Take some eye-candy photos, write a SHORT paragraph about your place, list your prices and make it seem professional, fun and inviting. Too many people put way too much on their business sites when a simple billboard type ad would have been fine.

Deni
03-01-2007, 06:10 PM
I did just that.. Since it's just me cutting hair now .. There aint much to look at... lmao