View Full Version : Lady Shoots at Tailgater

Keith
02-27-2007, 08:56 PM
HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - A woman who told authorities she was fed up with tailgaters pulled out a gun and shot at the tires of a pickup that got too close, police said.

Officials believe the bullet missed the pickup, and no one was hurt. Bernadette Headd, 39, was in rush-hour traffic Wednesday in suburban Detroit when the pickup pulled behind her, police said.

Headd changed lanes and fired one round from a 9 mm handgun, police said. The driver followed her and flagged down a deputy, who stopped her and found the weapon.

"She said she was tired of people tailgating her," Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel said.

Headd, who had a permit to carry a concealed weapon, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon, discharge of a firearm from a vehicle and use of a firearm during a felony.
She was ordered held on $50,000 bond.

Karried
02-28-2007, 06:48 AM
Wow, now that's what I call road rage... no kidding..

She was stupid but I can understand the desire to want to do something.
I sometimes get so incensed with other drivers.. I do when someone puts my kids in harm's way.. cutting me off or nearly hitting me and driving so carelessly with no regard for the safety of anyone else .. I see red.
Good thing I don't have a gun. jk

sweetdaisy
02-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Anyone else happy to hear that this did not occur in Oklahoma? :)

Karried
02-28-2007, 10:33 AM
LOL - soooo very happy!

drumsncode
02-28-2007, 12:45 PM
People should drive with courtesy and don't act any differently than you'd act to someone standing in a grocery store line.

I worked with a guy that was ex-military, and you did NOT want to make this guy mad. He would chase down people in cars until they stopped. He even got out at an intersection and popped a guy in the face through the window.

Plus, on the other side, if you get road-raged and approach a vehicle, just remember a lot of people own stun-guns, mace, all sorts of fun toys!

Can't we all just get along?

mranderson
02-28-2007, 01:05 PM
People should drive with courtesy and don't act any differently than you'd act to someone standing in a grocery store line.

I worked with a guy that was ex-military, and you did NOT want to make this guy mad. He would chase down people in cars until they stopped. He even got out at an intersection and popped a guy in the face through the window.

Plus, on the other side, if you get road-raged and approach a vehicle, just remember a lot of people own stun-guns, mace, all sorts of fun toys!

Can't we all just get along?

That is an oxymoron. Most people in shopping lines are not courteous.

I bet the guy that got shot at learns a lesson... Well, probably not. It takes a lot to teach someone these days. Many never learn.

drumsncode
02-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Actually, when I was speaking of the shopping line thing, I was thinking of "flipping people off". You would never flip someone off from 4 feet away in a grocery store, a total stranger. That would be MAJORLY brain-dead, yet aholes do that all the time in traffic.

All it takes is to flip off the wrong person who has had a REALLY bad day and you know the rest. The ex-military guy was one of those guys. If you flipped him off, it was game over. He had this thing about respect, and if you dissed him, look out. He was young, strong, and about 6' 3".

aintaokie
02-28-2007, 04:11 PM
That is an oxymoron. Most people in shopping lines are not courteous.

I bet the guy that got shot at learns a lesson... Well, probably not. It takes a lot to teach someone these days. Many never learn.

Amen mranderson