View Full Version : Good places to meet people?

nyc2okc
11-07-2004, 11:36 AM
OK, keep in mind im really new to OKC so I'm completely clueless. can anyone suggest a few good places where a man can meet a nice lady? I'd be interested a lounge type place where people get dressed up, a fun anything goes place and if anyone knows of a good dart bar please let me know.

I'd also love it if someone could point out other places that might be good to start a social circle.

Does OKC have a central park type place where people go to rollerblade and ride bikes and stuff?

Also, if anyone is interested in doing anything or needs a partner please feel free to contact me.

Thanks a million for your replies.

ClipedWingAngel
11-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Remember Central Park was designed. Our version here is Hefner Lake.

Let me know if you want to meet up at the Lake for a walk. There is one other place I have gone which is tranquil and scenic but I would have to show you. Cant remember the name. Will look it up.

mranderson
11-07-2004, 01:52 PM
If you are into sports, Oklahoma City has four teams. However, none are major league. The Blazers, RedHawks, Yarddawgz (yucky name), and the Ballhogs (again, yucky name). They are CHL, PCL, AFL2, and ABA. They may be a good place to meet people by discussing the sport.

Or, Bricktown, as you will learn by our discussons, has an extensive variety of entertainment venues and is growng. This would include the bar scene if you are in to that.

Of course, you could follow what I know would be the reccomendation of a couple of our people. Church.

Welcome to the city. What brings you here?

Midtowner
11-08-2004, 08:13 AM
Bricktown:

The 4th floor at the Skyy Bar (or however you spell it)
City Walk -- 4 clubs under 1 roof -- a regular bar, a piano bar, a cigar lounge and a dance club.

And of course many more, but the above 2 are highly recommended.

I also enjoy Tapwerks, 100+ beers on tap.. but that's just me.

Patrick
11-08-2004, 11:10 PM
Yeah, if you like clubs, try City Walk in Bricktown. It's just east of downtown off Main Street.

If you liek bars, try LIT in Bricktown....it's just north of the SBC Bricktown Ball Park.

If you're into Country and Western Music, try Club Rodeo on Meridian, just south of I-40.

As they mentioned....for roller blading, biking, walking, etc.....try the Lake Hefner Trails at Lake Hefner......exit off Britton Road from the Lake Hefner Parkway. The trails are hard to miss...there's always a ton of people out there.

floater
11-09-2004, 11:13 AM
Maybe others will know for sure, but dart bars in Bricktown would most likely be the Bricktown Brewery or TapWerks. I would also target N. Western's restaurant row (bars included) between NW 36th and the NW 60's for places like VZD's, Cock O' the Walk, or the original Tapwerks. For more up-to-date information, check out the Oklahoma Gazette or okclive.com.

Patrick
11-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Add the Red Rooster to the list of bars please!

Ms.Relaxationstation
11-11-2004, 10:45 PM
For those of us who aren't frequent flyers to bars here is another alternative. 7-11. I know it sounds petty, but the truth is where else can you meet the opposite sex by the groves? Especially at 7:30 in the morning. OK OK...although it may work for some people, it has yet to work for me. I just wanna meet a nice guy who wants more out of relationship than to see the "girls". LOL I also heard it was a bad idea to meet men online....YIKES...kind of ironic! :Smiley103

Patrick
11-11-2004, 11:24 PM
You might try Shell Star Marts also...a little more upscale than 7-11, but still a similar atmosphere. I suppose 7-11 has a nicer coffee bar though, so that could help your chances.

Might try the 7-11 at NW Expressway and Independence. All the docs stop in there on their way to Baptist Medical Center every morning!

ClipedWingAngel
11-12-2004, 07:16 AM
On the side of Humor, most of us in EMS use to do something called 7-11 runs when we had a bad day. We would call at least two friends up, you pick them up if your bummed out from a "call" (EMS run) and you drive to a 7-11. Then the next person decides where they want to go to a 7-11 but you must consume what you bought at the first one before reaching the second. Usually a big gulp and something sweet like hostess pies and chocolate cake. Then you go to where the third person wants you to go. Your introuble if there's four of you! However, we always met people at 7-11. My first run was with a copy friend of my husband. I didnt know 7-11 was a great place to meet people.

About meeting people on line, well its ok as long as you dont let them have your phone or address, meet at public place like the mall and then, walk around the mall before getting in your car. There are weird people out there but the majority are still in on the east coast, he he he.

floater
11-12-2004, 09:32 AM
Wow. All of a sudding I'm getting a hankering for some Otis Spelunkmeyer(?) muffins and Icee Freezes...

Another nice station to stop by and catch the action inside and outside the store is the Conoco on NW 23 and Western close to the Little Asia neighborhood...it seems to never be boring.

Floating_adrift
11-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Anyone remember Cactus Jacks? lol

1adam12
11-12-2004, 02:49 PM
Just stay away from the NW.39 & Penn area, unless you are in to same sex relationships. :pink_elep :pink_elep

Patrick
11-14-2004, 12:04 AM
What are you trying to say, the Shell station at 39th and Penn wouldn't be a good place for straight people to pick up dates? lol! Some people from my medical school class actually went out to Angles one time, just for fun. Trust me....they had an interesting time. I'm not quite sure they'll ever go back though.

ClipedWingAngel
11-14-2004, 07:58 AM
The ultimate place to meet upscale people is "Makers" in Bricktown. Fabulous atmosphere and incredible music. The first floor is a sigar bar the second floor is a great singles meeting place.

Reggie

Luke
11-14-2004, 04:01 PM
What's on the second floor?

Patrick
11-15-2004, 12:12 PM
Good question....I didn't realize Maker's had two floors. Last time I checked, all they had was the Cigar Lounge. Reggie, do you have some info on this?

SoundMind
11-15-2004, 06:44 PM
Interesting point Luke and Patrick! My mind doesn't recall Maker's having two floors. Is this something new?

Luke
11-15-2004, 10:02 PM
Perhaps all us singles can meet together at Starbucks sometime to just hang out?

Underling
12-25-2004, 11:51 AM
Well, seeing as how I'm not interested in dating anyway...I'm just looking for some friends to hang out with. Love my friends from work, but want to meet interesting people across the board.

ClipedWingAngel
12-25-2004, 03:53 PM
Ok, the first floor at Makers is the Cigar/Smoking lounge. The upstairs is supposedly a new addition. We didnt go there! But it was recommended to us by the Bar Tender at Mickey Mantle's as a place with Live Jazz after the Mantle's live music leaves. Mickey Mantle's live music ends like 10pm or 11pm. I forgot what time we left Makers but it was at least, three drinks later and at least midnight! HOW ABOUT WE ALL GO CHECK IT OUT? I will phone them and post hours, type of mysic and all info I get from them and go check it out. MERRY CHRISTMAS!