View Full Version : Best/Worst Radio show in OKC

Jimmy's Big Toe
02-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Since there are several threads on radio...what is everyone's opinion on the best/worst radio shows in OKC?

Lately I have been listening to BOB in the morning and loving it (as stated in previous threads). I think the KJ morning show is a stinker. What does everyone else think?

Jack Wonder
06-22-2007, 02:42 PM
KJ morning show is nothingness, 'blah'. I'm also growing pretty thin of Jack & Ron. I know they win all the local radio awards every year, but they kind of annoy me now. I can't listen to them for very long, if at all.

I like Rick & Brad, but they're not really as funny as they used to be. :( The Morning Animals do a good job, except they (and KATT) bring in female interns who can't even read news in their segments without botching things up. And the "let's use a gal who doesn't know much about current events so we can make fun of her" bit has also run its course! (I'm looking at WWLS & KATT morning shows on that one)

kmf563
06-22-2007, 02:54 PM
I don't listen to radio at all. If I have to listen to the radio, I flip until I find music. I don't want to hear anyone talking about anything.

SpectralMourning
06-22-2007, 02:58 PM
I don't listen to radio at all. If I have to listen to the radio, I flip until I find music. I don't want to hear anyone talking about anything.

Much agreed, kmf. I think a lot of those radio shows are extremely stagnant when I'd rather be listening to music. Maybe if there were more of a point to them, such as more news, traffic, weather, and local events info, I'd be more inclined to listen, but I have no real desire to hear their opinions or their little skits. "Rick & Brad Theater", the little boy from KJ, and the trailer soap opera thing on Kiss *have to* go!

kmf563
06-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Yes, I agree. if it were informative information I might listen. Half of those people aren't even in Oklahoma and their little skits are annoying. I would rather hear about upcoming events, new things within our area, or even positive support of anything in the metro. I would love our local artists to get some air time on the radio also. The country stations do it, but only 2 non country stations promote local talent and they do it in the middle of the night instead of placing it in the rotation.

SpectralMourning
06-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Exactly. I don't think I have the rat's ass to give for these out-of-state shows. I especially hate that these hosts of those shows are so opinionated. When you're using a large media and are not qualified to voice your opinion on such matters you're covering, don't. That especially goes for all news outlets.

Jack Wonder
06-22-2007, 03:25 PM
I've quit listening to local ones except during my commute, but I do tune into ESPN radio. I like sportstalk when it covers national stories, and it keeps slower days going by quick!

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
06-22-2007, 04:45 PM
The only local stuff I listen to are the Animals...I give them bagels sometimes.... Other than that, it's ESPN Radio for me

CCOKC
06-22-2007, 09:16 PM
If I listen to local radio I enjoy the NPR station out of Norman the most. But mostly it's XM for me.

SpectralMourning
06-22-2007, 10:00 PM
KGOU is awesome except for when they play BBCWS. That's when KOSU comes in handy.

CCOKC
06-23-2007, 10:15 PM
I like to listen to the BBC because it gives me a perspective on what the rest of the world thinks is important.

SpectralMourning
06-24-2007, 09:59 AM
I thought the same, but half of the time anyone can pick up BBC's reports through AP; they're nearly the same service. BBCWS is interesting at times, but I still like "All Things Considered" better.