View Full Version : Scenario....Is Something wrong Here?

Keith
02-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Scenario: Jack pulls into school parking lot with rifle in gun rack.

1956 - Vice Principal comes over, takes a look at Jack's rifle, goes to his car and gets his to show Jack.

2006 - School goes into lockdown, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1956 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. Nobody goes to jail, nobody arrested, nobody expelled.

2006 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1956 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by Principal. Sits still in class.

2006 - Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his father's car and his Dad gives him a whipping.

1956 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2006 - Billy's Dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. Billy's sister is told by state psychologist that she remembers being abused herself and their Dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some headache medicine to school.

1956 - Mark shares headache medicine with Principal out on the smoking dock.

2006 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Mary turns up pregnant.

1956 - 5 High School Boys leave town. Mary does her senior year at a special school for expectant mothers.

2006 - Middle School Counselor c alls Planned Parenthood, who notifies the ACLU. Mary is driven to the next state over and gets an abortion without her parent's consent or knowledge. Mary given condoms and told to be more careful next time.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.

1956: Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.

2006: Pedro's cause is taken up by state democratic party. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he can't speak English.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed.

1956 - Ants die.

2006 - BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary, hugs him to comfort him.

1956 - In a short time Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2006 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++

Is something wrong here????

Karried
02-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Yeah .. Columbine, AK47s, Children beat to death by overzealous 'discipline' ( eg.. little Kelsey Briggs comes to mind), meth, Mary Kay Letourneau (teacher gets pregnant by a 13 yr old), and a few planes piloted by terroists flew into our buildings ....

Yeah, it sucks.. a few bad people ruin it for everyone ..

writerranger
02-23-2007, 05:01 PM
I like it, Keith!

Horrible things have always happened in our nation's past. Living in the age of "instant news" every little thing is known to the whole country via cable news, cell phone messages, blogs, a plugged-in country that hypes everything that makes it appear that things have never been so bad. That's just not true. The only thing that is truly so bad is the elite's reaction to challenges that leave everyone on pins and needles feeling like nobody can ever be offended, nobody can trust anyone, the government tracks your every transaction and travels (something when I was growing up was the picture everyone had of the Soviet Union - but not here) and freedom, as we knew it, is on the fast track to becoming nothing but a quaint concept. Sad. And we've let it happen because we don't have the will to protect a culture (lest we be called racist) and we bow to political correctness and executive authority run amok.

-----------------------------

AFCM
02-24-2007, 10:45 AM
I'll do this a little backwards, with the result coming first and the scenario going along with the year.

Blacks are angered by racism in America and protest the government's prejudice.

1955: Blacks were falsely accused and convicted, beaten, lynched, and segregated from whites.

2005: The people of New Orleans are told to evacuate before Katrina makes landfall. Many blacks stay behind anyways and get caught up in the worst natural disaster in American history.

This isn't meant to come off as a racist post. I'm just trying to illustrate the difference in times. Fifty years ago, when blacks were being beaten in the streets for no reason, leaders stood up and fought for rights of blacks around America. Now, when a black woman is raped and claims three white lacrosse players committed the act, the black community erupts and starts pulling the "racism card" as if we're living in the fifties all over again.

The leaders of the 50's fought so that blacks could get an education, and look what's happening today. A black person has a better chance than a white person at receiving a college scholarship, yet blacks represent a larger population in prison than in college. And when it's all said and done, this is all somehow my fault because I'm white. I don't mean to group an entire race into one category, but I'm tired of the race card being pulled every time something stupid makes the headlines. I'm glad guys like MLK fought for black rights, but it seems like some blacks don't truly appreciate what he did. If they did, they would honor him by taking every opportunity he fought so hard to get.

Saberman
02-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Saw one on 20/20 special last night.

Johnny can spend the night at one of his friends house. One friends parents have a gun in the house, the other friend has a swimming pool. Which friends house would you let you son stay at..

Most said they would not let them spend the night with the friend who's parents had the gun.

More kids are kill at the friends house that have the pool then at the friends house that has the gun...

OKCComputers
02-26-2007, 01:10 PM
WOw.... that really does sum it up. Sweet.... not hard to say where thid country is going. :::flush:::

Seriously, at what point will things change? I fear the world out children will know.