View Full Version : Debate Club?

jbrown84
02-21-2007, 08:26 PM
What is a Debate Club Member?

Keith
02-21-2007, 08:53 PM
What is a Debate Club Member?
This actually goes back to when we had the nosebleed (debate) forum.........

actually, there is still a nosebleed forum, however, you have to actually join a certain group in order to be a part of it.

http://www.okctalk.com/profile.php?do=editusergroups

Check out the link. It will tell you what you need to do to get set up for the nosebleed section. When you get set up and join the nosebleed group, then it will automatically show up on the forum each time you log in. Not everybody can see the nosebleed forum. Only those that join the group can participate.

If the link doesn't work, go to "What's New" at the top of the home page. Once you open "What's New," go down to "Miscellaneous." Then, click on "Group Memberships," and you will be where you need to be.

Note: When you join one of the clubs, such as the nosebleed club, you have a choice to make it your primary usergroup and over-ride your normal "Member" title. If you want access to any of the clubs you MUST make the club your primary usergroup.

jbrown84
02-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the info, Keith.

jbrown84
02-21-2007, 10:29 PM
I joined, but I still don't see the Nosebleed forum...

bandnerd
02-22-2007, 05:39 AM
Yeah, I still can't, even after a week.

Under "You are a member of the following groups," as I understand it, you are supposed to change your primary membership to that group. It tells me I can't leave the "primary" group, which I guess is the main membership?

I'm kind of giving up here. I really don't even come here all that much anymore.

Lauri101
02-22-2007, 04:15 PM
I've been trying for over a month, dutifully following the instructions, but have yet to see the nosebleed/debate club forum.

Bandnerd - I miss your posts!

bandnerd
02-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only one. Maybe I was permanently disabled from participating in that forum? haha. j/k.

Lauri--sometimes life and work just gets busy...plus I got a DVR and a new 46" LCD TV lol. I miss some of the conversations that were had on this forum, but lately I've been a little bored with it.

Deni
02-23-2007, 07:59 AM
I was trying to figure out how to invite you bandner. It shows you are a member and the mole and I have done a test thread. I guess you could search my post and see if you can find the one that says test.

I will run another run and see..

We are asking that nosebleed be reopened maybe those with skin thin will just stay out of there so they dont get their OKCTALK feelings hurt, you know what I mean Y'all?????????

search me out and I will run another one for you and lauri.

bandnerd
02-25-2007, 02:42 PM
I searched all threads you have started and got nothing...

Patrick
02-25-2007, 05:30 PM
We're still discussing it, but I think we're going to bring Nosebleed back and just require a minimum post count of like 25 to participate.

FRISKY
03-04-2008, 12:22 AM
What is the status on this?