View Full Version : ulcers and weight loss??

Deni
02-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Does anyone know if ulcers can make you lose bunches of weight? I am talking about at least 35 pounds?

And what do you have troubles eating? Red meat ? any poultry? I have ulcers, but not sure this is the cause of other issues I am having.. any response on this?

bandnerd
02-21-2007, 05:26 PM
See a doctor.

Nothing really bothers me much. Sometimes I get a little reflux from Grape Nuts, but that's about it.

Deni
02-21-2007, 05:36 PM
I have been on a oatmeal diet for about 3 months...lol Some people never realize how much you can do with different flavors of oatmeal.. Thank goodness for the variety packs.....

I was asking because I was also poisoned a while back and since then I have become allergic to alot of things.. I know kinda hard to believe but it actually happened...
I am going to go to the Dr, but my appt is not for awhile. so I was just asking around...

bandnerd
02-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Yeah, oatmeal's a great thing. Very versatile ;) I like peanut butter in my oatmeal, personally. Sometimes I top it with chocolate chips!

Sorry about the poisoning...definitely not cool...but it's hard to say what could be going on with ya, that's what the docs are for. At least, I hope that's what they are for!

ultimatesooner
02-22-2007, 09:52 AM
I have ulcers but they never really bother me unless I go overboard on greasy foods, alcohol, or sugary foods

Deni
02-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Well I decided to go to the Dr today to Urgent care.. and its ulcers and my level of silver in my blood is high.. I kinda knew that.. Anyhow.. I guess I am on these meds for awhile and he said it should take care of it..

I lost weight because of the ulcers it's possible, now we all know.. I guess I need to start eating lots more oatmeal.. and the good news is my cholestral is WAY LOWWWWWWWWWWWW....I feel like a Quaker Oat Commercial...lol