View Full Version : John Marshall

Karried
02-21-2007, 04:03 PM
What the heck are these parents teaching their kids?

They're lucky they didn't have guns.. sheesh, this is so discouraging.

Police sergeant injured at city school

A veteran police sergeant was injured Wednesday while attempting to break up several fights at a local high school, according to Oklahoma City Police.

About 2 p.m. Sgt. Willie Edwards, a 23-year veteran of the police department, noticed several simultaneous fights breaking-out on the campus of the new John Marshall High School, 1201 N Portland.

While trying to end one of the fights, Edwards was assaulted and injured by one of the combatants.

Edwards, a Campus Resources officer for the high school, was taken to Mercy Hospital. The police said they do not believe his injuries are serious. Five people were taken into custody related to the incident, the police said.

"We find what has occurred totally unacceptable for our school district,” said school district spokesperson Trina J. Liles. "We expect our students to conduct themselves in a respectful manner.”
Because the investigation is ongoing, the names and charges against the suspects have not been released.

bandnerd
02-21-2007, 04:43 PM
We've taken in several students from John Marshall at my charter h.s. We heard the same thing from every kid: We haven't done anything all semester.

You can build a new building, but if you keep the same crappy teachers and admin, then nothing will change. Sorry to hear someone was hurt, though.

Keith
02-21-2007, 05:00 PM
What the heck are these parents teaching their kids?

They're lucky they didn't have guns.. sheesh, this is so discouraging.

Police sergeant injured at city school

A veteran police sergeant was injured Wednesday while attempting to break up several fights at a local high school, according to Oklahoma City Police.

About 2 p.m. Sgt. Willie Edwards, a 23-year veteran of the police department, noticed several simultaneous fights breaking-out on the campus of the new John Marshall High School, 1201 N Portland.

While trying to end one of the fights, Edwards was assaulted and injured by one of the combatants.

Edwards, a Campus Resources officer for the high school, was taken to Mercy Hospital. The police said they do not believe his injuries are serious. Five people were taken into custody related to the incident, the police said.

"We find what has occurred totally unacceptable for our school district,” said school district spokesperson Trina J. Liles. "We expect our students to conduct themselves in a respectful manner.”
Because the investigation is ongoing, the names and charges against the suspects have not been released.
I think all of those that were arrested, need to be charged as adults and punished to the full extent of the law. Assaulting a police officer should be the top charge. They should all be suspended for the rest of the year, and not be allowed in any OKC Public School until next Fall.

Fighting like that and assaulting a police officer is uncalled for...period!

bandnerd
02-21-2007, 05:09 PM
What if they had assaulted a teacher, would you feel the same way, Keith? Since they are an authority figure in a school?

Keith
02-21-2007, 05:13 PM
What if they had assaulted a teacher, would you feel the same way, Keith? Since they are an authority figure in a school?
Yes, any student that assaults an authority figure at school should be punished as an adult. No exceptions, because they are old enough to know better.

Deni
02-21-2007, 05:16 PM
I agree I was a teacher in a small town school and I swear I seen to many teachers injured because of fights. When teachers have to act like parents then thekids should not be in school and the parents should have to be parents. Believe it or not some students are really there to learn..... I hope all the students involved get some sort of punishment and not allowed back into public school, maybe sending them to the AE would be a smart thing to do in this case..

Karried
02-22-2007, 06:34 AM
These kids are getting younger and younger... I think teachers should be protected at all costs.. we have to send a message that it is unacceptable to put your hands on anyone ever, especially at school.

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Two 14-year-old Oklahoma City middle school students face felony charges after police say they found them carrying marijuana at school.

Police say Charles Williams faces a charge of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and DeJonte Durham is charged with possession within one-thousand feet of a school.

Sergeant Paco Balderrama says officers confiscated three packages of marijuana from the two boys and arrested them at Webster Middle School in southwest Oklahoma City.