View Full Version : Men's clothing store opening in First National Center

Pete
02-21-2007, 07:56 AM
Clothing store plans downtown shop
by Kelley Chambers
The Journal Record
2/21/2007

Journal Record Photo
OKLAHOMA CITY – Chris Khrais, owner of the men’s clothier Pinpoint Resource in Oklahoma City, said while he would not describe himself as a man who takes risks, sometimes in life there comes a time to take a chance.

That chance is coming in the form of a second Oklahoma City location downtown in the First National Center.

Since 1999, Khrais has been operating the Pinpoint store on N. Pennsylvania Avenue, catering to well-dressed men in everything from Burberry suits to Tommy Bahama casual wear.

It was only in the past two years that several customers mentioned that he should open a shop downtown and he began to consider the possibility, Khrais said.

After looking at the available space and weighing the challenge of expanding his business, Khrais said he signed the lease at First National about six months ago on about 800 square feet of space just a few steps from the building’s west entrance on Robinson Avenue.

Khrais said he expects to open the store at the end of April or early May.

But with the decision to move downtown Khrais said he knew he would need a special space that would complement his business. First National met his standards.

“I fell in love with that building,” he said. “I loved that artwork on the ceilings on the bank level.”

He also said timing was a factor in deciding to open the new store, especially as he sees retail space becoming more in demand downtown.

“If I don’t do it now it’s going to be harder to do it next year,” he said. “I think it’s a smart move.”

He also plans to stock the store to meet different clothing needs.

The front of the store will display traditional suits and ties, although once inside the casual dresser will also find clothing that’s professional enough for the office yet not overly dressy.

“To me every customer is a unique person and you have to deal with his own tastes and background,” Khrais said.

The First National building was sold to a group of California investors in May for $21 million. Los Angeles-based Milbank Real Estate Services is overseeing renovations to the building.

Zach Martin with Sperry Van Ness, who handles leasing for First National, said while the building is making a comeback, one of the keys will be the retail element on the first-floor level.

“In terms of retail, we’re really wanting to go for nice stores,” he said. “And we’re just seeing a trend of real classy businesses moving in this building.”

Martin said he hopes Pinpoint, in addition to the women’s clothing shop Nancy Farha, will help to continue luring upscale retail to the building.

“The (Pinpoint) space has been vacant for a little while and I just think it’s going to dress up that part of the arcade and really give it a boost,” Martin said.

Khrais said he plans to keep his existing store and will split time between the two shops, at least until the downtown location becomes more established.

Pete
02-21-2007, 08:53 AM
BTW, in the 80's the FNC arcade had an abundance of excellent retail.

Not only BC Clark (which I believe is the only holdover) but also a large Harolds, Orbachs, some gift shops, etc.

I haven't heard much about the renovations planned by the new owners, but this new tenant sounds like a good sign.

metro
03-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Anyone know if this is open yet?