View Full Version : I don't know if this has been discussed yet...

AFCM
02-17-2007, 06:12 PM
...but I've seen drawings of an Oklahoma City South Loop which runs from the JK Turnpike at I-40 through SW OKC and goes through Moore, just south of 19th St. Does anyone have information on this potential project? All I've seen is a photo of the proposed route so I can't say much. I'm sorry if this has been posted already, but I did a search and came up fruitless, so I tried.

Anyways, I'm going to go out for the night and knock down some pins. Speaking of which, I can't wait until the new lanes open up in Bricktown. Anyways, you guys have a wonderful evening and a safe weekend.

Patrick
02-18-2007, 11:47 AM
It has been discussed at meetings that drew large protests. The project is currently on hold.

Flatlander
02-18-2007, 04:22 PM
AFCM Try searching Southwest Sector Plan/OKC then you will see the city of okc/Southwest sector that is where you can download the final version of the plan.Can also search okcchamber then go to legislative action then transportation on the lower right.

venture
02-18-2007, 05:20 PM
If only they would look at do an east side one, one that could sit east of Sooner Rd/12th Street and run from 240 to Hwy 9. The SW Loop wouldn't be bad...definitely would be nice to have before they decide to cause mass chaos on the 240 interchange. Sooner just seems that it is a favorite alternative to I-35...and would be a logical choice (area) for an unrestricted highway.

bombermwc
02-19-2007, 09:36 AM
It would definitly be nice, but how would you handle the more urban areas down towards Norman? You have to turn off into a less populous area at some point, otherwise the cost of the project goes through the roof in buying up homes. Sooner really isn't that bad the way it is. It would be great if it were an actual interstate instead of a highway, but at least its not just a regular road either.