View Full Version : Hallux Rigidus Surgery

Vikkyvoo
02-17-2007, 03:15 AM
Hello all

This is my first time and wonder if someone may be able to help me with a few questions I have about the Hallux Rigidus Surgery I'm about to undergo in a few weeks time. Following an injury about 7 years ago my toe has become rigid and I cant walk more than quarter of a mile without pain and I can no longer wear heals anymore. I'm due to have a replacement joint (metal) and wanted to know if this is going to enable me to walk for longer and wear normal shoes. The doctor said the new joint would last between 5 & 10 years and could not tell me what would happen if my bones were not able to respond to another new joint, does anyone know the answer to that one??? I'm just coming up to 55years old and feel at the moment I can cope with it and as surgery is going to be carried out soon I wondering if I should hang on another few years before having the proceedure.

Thankyou from worried Vikkyvoo.

okieopus
02-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Vikkyvoo,

I don't know a whole lot about replacement joints. I can tell you that after i had the bone spur removed my quality of life improved dramatically. Good luck with your surgery. I am sure you should be able to wear normal shoes again, but heels may be out of the question for a while.

Vikkyvoo
03-01-2007, 01:08 AM
Okieopus

Thanks for the reply, I'm set to have the surgery on the 20th March, I will let you know how it goes, thats if I dont chicken out. oooh.

Vikkyvoo