View Full Version : extreme makeover

Deni
02-16-2007, 02:57 AM
LAWTON, Okla. -- A Lawton family has been chosen for an episode of the television show "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition."

The program selects deserving families and builds them a new home.

Peggy and Gene Westrbook, of Lawton, were chosen after friends led a one-week petition drive and collected about 26,000 names.

Gene Westbrook was a U.S. Army sergeant and suffered a severed spine and nerve damage during an attack in Baghdad in 2004. Then the couple's 9-year-old son was paralyzed in an auto accident last year.

The Westbrooks' current home in west Lawton will be demolished starting at noon Saturday and workers will totally rebuild it into the family's dream home.

They hope to finish by next Wednesday so the Westbrooks can be shown the home Thursday.

The show will be televised April 8.

Keith
02-16-2007, 05:02 AM
LAWTON, Okla. -- A Lawton family has been chosen for an episode of the television show "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition."

The program selects deserving families and builds them a new home.

Peggy and Gene Westrbook, of Lawton, were chosen after friends led a one-week petition drive and collected about 26,000 names.

Gene Westbrook was a U.S. Army sergeant and suffered a severed spine and nerve damage during an attack in Baghdad in 2004. Then the couple's 9-year-old son was paralyzed in an auto accident last year.

The Westbrooks' current home in west Lawton will be demolished starting at noon Saturday and workers will totally rebuild it into the family's dream home.

They hope to finish by next Wednesday so the Westbrooks can be shown the home Thursday.

The show will be televised April 8.
That's so cool. It's about time they featured someone in Oklahoma.

Karried
02-16-2007, 07:40 AM
LOL.. this makes this the third time this has been posted... I'm off and running but maybe we should merge the threads.. I have one posted in Across the State and there is one below in Lawton..

I guess we're all excited!