View Full Version : What are the best restaurants native to Oklahoma?

Pages : 1 [2]

td25er
06-09-2009, 09:05 AM
I hate Eischens. It's disgusting and you have to stand for 2 hours before you get a seat. Not worth the drive.

OKCMallen
06-11-2009, 09:16 AM
I hate Eischens. It's disgusting and you have to stand for 2 hours before you get a seat. Not worth the drive.

Then you must not like fried chicken in general. I've taken 20+ Eischen's virgins out tehre over the years and not one, not ONE, gave it a negative review.

The worst review I remember was something akin to "Don't get me wrong, this is really really good, but I wouldn't say it was the best I've ever had."

Vines_&_Cattle
06-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Yep, my last last Eischen's virgin was an Alabama born southern boy and he loved.

Of course he was on the road down from the Pacific Northwest so he may have been a bit starved for such fare. ;)

OKCMallen
06-11-2009, 02:57 PM
I mean, I can understand if you don't like waiting for a table (protip: don't go on a Fri or Sat night; I never do as a rule). That's a legit gripe. Also, I can understand if maybe you don't like fried chicken in general, or chicken on the bone.

But to say that, as far as fried chicken on the bone is concerned, that Eischen's is "disgusting"...well, I just wonder where you get your chicken because it must taste like angels smell and how victory feels.

mireaux
06-16-2009, 09:12 AM
im tossing in my chips for both pelicans and chequers in mwc.

AFCM
07-01-2009, 06:35 PM
im tossing in my chips for both pelicans and chequers in mwc.

I dig the fresh salad bar and the potato soup at Pelican's, but I've never been to Chequer's. Will you describe your experience there?

nik4411
07-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Tacoville, on southwest 29th street. The all meat burritos and the taco burgers are awesome.

jmackdaddy62
07-20-2009, 09:53 PM
All you that said Cattlemans have to be joking there steaks are terriable!!! If you want a real steak come to pawnee and try out Clicks best steak in the state.

jbkrems
07-21-2009, 10:25 AM
RedPrimeSteak beats Cattlemens any day.

metro
07-21-2009, 10:34 AM
All you that said Cattlemans have to be joking there steaks are terriable!!! If you want a real steak come to pawnee and try out Clicks best steak in the state.

RED Prime Steak Downtown Oklahoma City Gourmet Restaurant Dining Near Bricktown Fine Wines Steakhouse (http://www.redprimesteak.com/)

fromdust
08-29-2009, 07:26 PM
redprime is way better than cattlemans. that place just isnt what it used to be.
eischens is overrated. went a few months back, and from all the hype i was expecting to eat gold. man was i let done. at least i know now i never have to drive that far again for chicken.

RealJimbo
08-31-2009, 03:54 PM
White River Fish Market in Tulsa - absolute best fried catfish and all the trimmings (McGehee's????) in Oklahoma.

Spudder Restaurant in Tulsa - Awesome steaks with great ambience.

Around the Corner Restaurant in Edmond - Ozzie's Cafe at the airport in Norman - both excellent down-home fare.

Don's Alley in Del City - best chicken livers, patty melt, beef stew, chicken and noodles ever.

Ted's Cafe Escondido (original on NW 68th off N. May) - Tex-Mex at its best. I dare you to find fajitas any better than Ted's and if you get them to go, two people absolutely can't eat a single order.

Lido Chinese/Vietnamese near 25th and N. Classen - awesome fried spring rolls, crabmeat/asparagus soup, sesame chicken.....mmmmm

Whomever said Coit's has the best chili dogs is right. Schwab's weiners and chili make 'em the best. The old Hyde's drug store at NW 50th and Shartel used to serve them too, at their lunch counter. Remember drug store lunch counters?

Goldie's Patio Grill - still an excellent grilled burger with the pickle bar - I like the Original best in Tulsa at 51st and Lewis

Two Frogs Grill in Ardmore - if you like cajun, you haven't lived until you bite into their "Catfish Leon" - blackened catfish with a crawfish sauce. I never liked catfish cooked any way but fried until I tasted this and I'm hooked. The atmosphere is awesome too. A huge collection of rock guitars (autographed) all around the walls.

I'm sure there are more, but I dearly love these!

fromdust
08-31-2009, 05:02 PM
Whomever said Coit's has the best chili dogs is right. Schwab's weiners and chili make 'em the best. The old Hyde's drug store at NW 50th and Shartel used to serve them too, at their lunch counter. Remember drug store lunch counters?

http://www.thescubasite.com/smile/sick/sick0021.gif (http://www.thescubasite.com/Scuba-Diving-Forum/) ewww....coits.

alan
09-01-2009, 12:06 AM
for a new oklahoma classic, check out The Big Easy in Yukon. classic cajun food brought to you by homegrown okies.

metro
09-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Red Prime, Cheevers (ranked top 50 in america), Cafe Antigua, Nic's, Chuck House (the original), Sid's, Eichens, Meers, Papa Angelo's, Hobby's Hoagies, Los Comales, Bellini's

RedDirt717
09-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Has anyone said McGehee's in Marietta?

The best fried catfish and hush puppies on the planet. No...seriously.

They actually put out a landing strip for people that wanted to fly in for dinner.

I try to make a trip out there when I'm in the state for OU/tx because it's right on the boarder. It's seriously some of the best food I've ever had, and it's a fun to get out of suburbia or the city to kick it right on the red river. I'm glad it's in BFE because I'd seriously be disappointed if they ever lost that small town dive feel. It's an experience for sure.

RealJimbo
09-02-2009, 09:29 AM
http://www.thescubasite.com/smile/sick/sick0021.gif (http://www.thescubasite.com/Scuba-Diving-Forum/) ewww....coits.

Not trying to pick a fight, but the emoticon is pretty rude.

fromdust
09-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Not trying to pick a fight, but the emoticon is pretty rude.

thats what i feel like when i hear coits. it gross.

OKCSC
09-03-2009, 12:56 PM
SoonerQueen,
I bet you have no Idea that this quote is about "soccer"

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.”

OKCSC
09-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Best restaurants

Cafe Do Brasil
The Mantle
Cheevers
Chileno's (Southside)
Bolero
Sala Thai

RealJimbo
09-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Love Coits. Love it. It's good. Yummy. Wonderful. Mmmmmmmm.

okbjjpurple
09-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Catfish Roundup Seminole Exit I-40. Hamburger King downtown Shawnee, BBQ place in down town Tecumseh.....

bartsimpson
09-28-2009, 06:55 AM

Eischens is over rated. I'd rather drive less than 10 minutes and go to Chicken Express.

cattleman
04-10-2011, 11:22 AM
I realize this is an older thread, just thought I would throw in my opinion.

Ken's is so overrated and has really went down hill in the last couple of years. Just check out all the negative reviews on urbanspoon.

Two places that you should try are Munoz in Anadarko and Nicholi's Itailian steakhouse,(they may have shut down) also in Anadarko. Munoz has some of the best fajitas I have ever had.

NWOKCGuy
04-13-2011, 04:58 PM
1. Stella
2. Cheever's
3. Metro

Caboose
04-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Eischens is over rated. I'd rather drive less than 10 minutes and go to Chicken Express.

This. Eischens fried chicken is no better than KFC. No idea why people go there other than an excuse to get out of town.

MikeOKC
04-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Thread resurrection! Wow, started over four years ago.

Nomad. (Sussy's)

Easy180
04-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Love me some Eischen's and Ken's.

I would have to go with Shogun's and Casa Perico's with Pearls up there as well

Dustin
04-13-2011, 08:30 PM
love me some eischen's and ken's.

I would have to go with shogun's and casa perico's with pearls up there as well

yes!

Jettmiester
04-13-2011, 10:23 PM
The best egg rolls probably in the entire COUNTRY (and I've been to 30 of the 50 states) are at WONGS in Clinton. I lived there for 3 years in the early 90's,, and I still go back just to eat there. Incredible!! For a dish, try the Black Bean Chicken. If you don;t see it on the menu...ask. Awesome!!