View Full Version : Pics of "The Factory"

Patrick
07-16-2004, 10:12 PM
Here are some pics of "The Factory" development that will be built just south of Main Street in Bricktown.

http://www.taparchitecture.com/Assets/Project%20Sheets/The-Factory-Bricktown.jpg

BG918
07-25-2004, 08:49 PM
This is going to be a great new development. When are they going to start construction? Now if they could just develop that parking lot at the bottom left corner that would be one dense area.

HOT ROD
07-26-2004, 07:50 PM
Very nice, just wish it were taller! But I guess they are reserving buildings and towers higher than 12 floors for the CBD - which is nice!~

Patrick
07-26-2004, 09:31 PM
Hey Hot Rod......I believe the height restriction in Bricktown right now is around 10 floors....it's not really a floor restriction but a height measurement restriction...can't remember the exact restriction right off hand! It figures out to about 10 floors though. So even at 12 floors, they're going to have to get a special permit! I think the city is wanting to leave high rises for the CBD like you suggest! But, it seems like on some structures the city is open for discussion, because the hotel originally proposed for the property across from the water taxi loading zone was going to be 14 stories, and the owner of the property got an exception approved. Unfortunately, as you know, he chose not to build a hotel there, and the land is still for sale today.

BG918, I believe this development will start this fall. Those were the original plans anyway. It will be built in phases!

okcpulse
07-26-2004, 09:49 PM
Patrick, the height restriction in Bricktown is 140 feet in height.

Patrick
07-26-2004, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the info. I know you posted it somewhere on this forum before, but I couldn't remember!

BG918
07-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Speaking of that land "across from the water taxi loading zone," what are the current plans for it? Is it just for sale? I think they should build a 3-4 story building in the same design as the rest in that "original" section and put another restaurant or club in it. I love that stretch of the canal because there are buildings on both sides, it feels very interesting and urban, like San Antonio's riverwalk. Are those offices above the restaurants on that section, or are they apartment?

Patrick
07-26-2004, 10:21 PM
The land across from the water taxi loading zone is still up for sale......to anyone with $1.25 mill. The guy that owns it had originally planned to build a 14 story hotel there, but instead, spent his money buying an Aloe Vera industrial plant in South America. The land has remained on the market ever since. I personally, never though a hotel would fit good there. There's just not enough land. I'm with you.....I think a 4 story building to match the rest of the warehouses there would look great! But since the land is so expensive, it's my only hope that whoever buys it will think bigger, and build an even larger building there. By the way, the land across the canal, next to the water taxi loading zone is also for sale! There are no plans for either piece of property.....it would all depend on who buys them.

Yeah, I also love the north canal......it has a nice Bricktown feel to it! I think it's really nice how the canal transitions from the bars and restaurants of Bricktown to the entertainment complexes of Lower Bricktown to the park atmosphere of the south canal! You can't beat those changes in atmosphere! Anyways, the north canal gives me a more San Antonio type feel! It's definitely nice! I kind of wish Chelinos would move their entrance to the canal side though. I like in San Antonio how all of the entrances are canal side and the menus are all posted on stands/easels as you walk by on the Riverwalk.

Yeah, most of the space above the restaurants on the north canal consists of office space. In fact, a growing company with 5,000 sq. feet at the Glass Building in Bricktown (across from Varsity Sports Grill) is relocating to about twice that much in the Miller Jackson Building on the north canal. It's great to see them putting those upper floors to some good use. Sure wish they'd put some loft apartments in some of those upstairs floors though!!! I bet they'd rent for a pretty nice price!